Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Spedman posted:

I saw that guy today while taking a break from Photonics West

Haha cool. Did he have the same sign? It's an Expensify ad on the backside if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Yeah he did, that's what triggered the memory, he seemed like an odd dude

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

I can't stop looking.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 16, 2016

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

thetzar posted:

I can't stop looking.

It's like an R Crumb drawing.

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

Spedman posted:

Yeah he did, that's what triggered the memory, he seemed like an odd dude
Frank Chu. He's been around forever.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

TheLastManStanding posted:

I did not know that he was such an institution. The more you know.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
From a local Charity event

Seems topical for the forums.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

TheLastManStanding posted:

That's awesome, now I'm really glad I saw Frank and his sign

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Oh hey

Untitled by Devin Wilson, on Flickr

Untitled (Cop) by Devin Wilson, on Flickr

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Cool stuff. How is doing 4x5 on the street treating you? I haven't seen much of that kind of work floating around.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

hi liter posted:

Cool stuff. How is doing 4x5 on the street treating you? I haven't seen much of that kind of work floating around.

4x5 in the streets, 4/3 in the sheets. :heysexy:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haha, that's fantastic. Pure luck? Camping there for ages until someone roughly matching walked by?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Haha, that's fantastic. Pure luck? Camping there for ages until someone roughly matching walked by?

Camping there for ages while people awkwardly tried to duck out of the shot until someone walked by that didn't care

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

hi liter posted:

note the first photo where i managed to knock the front standard's tilt out of zero somehow and got the foreground and background in focus but missed the subject

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

note the first photo where i managed to knock the front standard's tilt out of zero somehow and got the foreground and background in focus but missed the subject

I just assumed it was intentional.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

hi liter posted:

I just assumed it was intentional.

It represents the dehumanizing aspect of the city which only seems clear at a distance but in the individual tends to blur the person's *FFFFAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTT*

Bullshitting aside the pictures own, please keep shooting LF street.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

please keep shooting LF street.

Yea I like this idea a lot.

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
A queue.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Gallery Night by Jason, on Flickr

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I love it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Always dig your work thetzar. In my mind that man has just spotted a grand piano about to fall onto his head. It is too late; he has accepted his fate.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If it was a painting of a falling piano it would have been perfect

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Union Square by David Shen, on Flickr

Chinatown by David Shen, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Haven't been in Dorkroom for a few months. Read the last 150 posts or so and wow, this thread is still lovely.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Awkward Davies posted:

Haven't been in Dorkroom for a few months. Read the last 150 posts or so and wow, this thread is still lovely.

this is a quality post that totally didn't get reported and the only reason it wasn't actionable is because you're technically correct

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Good posts, both of you.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

EL BROMANCE posted:

Always dig your work thetzar. In my mind that man has just spotted a grand piano about to fall onto his head. It is too late; he has accepted his fate.

Thanks all. In my head, he's the only one who spotted the killer asteroid.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

SoundMonkey posted:

this is a quality post that totally didn't get reported and the only reason it wasn't actionable is because you're technically correct

Everyone angry at me can click on my post history in this thread and see that I have contributed many many lovely photos of my own. I'm bona fide (and will contribute more soon).

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Confused Purple Anorak by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I've got a ton of work to post from Yangon but I'm gonna post this one for now because it was so lucky\satisfying to get

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

My fish is good! by alkanphel, on Flickr

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Untitled by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Three by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Open Door by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Untitled by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Street Lights by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Smoker by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
point your camera up

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
The first and last ones are dope

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Yeah really digging the first one especially.

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like the ones where there are no people. (But then those aren't "street", are they)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

k-zed posted:

I like the ones where there are no people. (But then those aren't "street", are they)

The reason I posted them here in the street thread, and the reason I didn't point my camera up is because I'm trying to get across a feeling of being on a street.

I've often found myself walking somewhere, and whether it's because I'm anxious, or tired, or because someone spooked me by looking threatening I'll walk with my eyes down, and avoid making eye contact with anyone I come across. I'll actually fear making eye contact with someone, in case they're a threat, or in case they see my fear, madness, or desperation; that they'll see I'm vulnerable. It's trying to get across the avoidance someone takes when they're perturbed by the street, or feel like it's closing in, or there's ages to go to their destination and they feel isolated and exposed. In that way I'm hoping to get across a Street Photography vibe. I'm hoping there's a suggestion of people, and avoiding contact, even if no people feature.

This is the first two days of shooting on it. I'm planning on taking it further. I just wanted to see if the images were working at all.