Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I shook Chris Hadfield's hand and got his book signed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I baked a spiced pear cake and while it was cooking it made my house smell really nice :)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The guy that implied that he was going to come into the store tonight and shoot everyone up didn't! I got to come home alive yay!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Magic, friends, music, alcohol, more alcohol, jambalaya.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got my college running coach poo poo-faced and went to a house party for the first time since graduating college :toot: Also got hit on by an absolutely gorgeous girl one of my friends brought in to visit.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I discovered a t-shirt of Redd Foxx I bought a while ago that didn't fit because I was too fat, now it mostly fits! A few more pounds and I'll be struttin' around with Sanford on my chest.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Filled out our marriage license application, got it notarized and tomorrow the woman who will be performing the ceremony will take it to the court house. In a bit less than five weeks I will be married!

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
Found out I aced my exams and I got some more craft beer. Also, picked up Last of Us and I'm currently cooking some burritos. :rock:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The head of our department came by and informed us of our profit share this quarter.

We did "Very well," in his words, and it is, indeed, a nice share. An extra $1500 (well..it'll be less after taxes,) in the next paycheck will help me out a LTO with some CC debt I incurred last month.

I'd like top spend it on something fun, like a PS4 or something, but I'm going to be fiscally responsible for once!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I had sex for the first time since February, and for the first time with someone who wasn't an ex, who I briefly reconnected with at the beginning of this year, in over two years.

It was really strange because it was basically the longest I've ever gone since I lost my virginity 11 years ago, and I felt really awkward and nervous being with a person who I wasn't sexually familiar with after abstaining for so long, but it was still amazing. I then introduced her to most of my friends at a catch-up low key late birthday thing since I was working on my actual birthday and she fit right in and it was a lot of fun.

Life is really good.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I didn't get my student loan approved in the beginning of September so I've been living on my summer job earnings since then and they've run out now. I'll be able to apply later this month again and I know it'll get approved this time, but I have $50 on my account and I've been seriously freaking out about not making rent or affording bus fare next month.

Today I got a $350 bonus from my weekend job, and I won a bus card in a competition :toot:

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I went to the beach, and then on my way home I ran into a friend, and then somebody gave us half-full longnecks of my favorite beer.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
This is a few days late but I got a volunteer gig with Cirque Du Soleil. :woop:

Mugalugdug
Aug 26, 2011
I work for a security company, and ever since the summer ended there haven't been many jobs coming up. It was looking like I wouldn't be able to afford many christmas gifts this year, which has had me feeling terrible.

This morning a phone call woke me up. It was the government agency that paid for my training calling. They have a full time security position available which they offered to me on the spot :neckbeard:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Vacation. Personally productive, refreshing, and restful. Even opened my work email briefly, said "gently caress it," and closed it back down.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
My I got an extended visit from my girlfriend for the holiday break. Which really meant a ton of delicious left-overs that are so much better than my usual lunches.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Yesterday, our school did an annual food drive (that the local food bank really depends on) with the usual goal of getting 10000 food items. I found out today that we got about 19600, a new personal record. It's also awesome because last year, we ended up getting 8000 because hardly anyone showed up.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Dec 5, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
Yesterday was the end of the first week of my new data entry job at a major, country-wide anti-cancer initiative. My whole week was awesome.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
My last shift is today. Been working as a cashier at a grocery store for the past 15 months, and the mental and physical stress has been wearing me down something fierce. When I gave them my two weeks my manager said she appreciated how upbeat I've always been and would rehire me in a heartbeat if I decide to come back :3: I feel a bit bad leaving during the holiday rush, but I was there to scan a billion turkeys and they've had a big pile of applications recently so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm gonna start cleaning the house again, learn how to cook, babysit for some friends of ours, and basically just de-stress and be a housewife for a couple months. I've actually gotten some stuff done around the house already this week because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's an amazing feeling to look at where the perpetual pile of clean clothes had been and see an empty, vacuumed floor. So happy right now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Celery Face posted:

Yesterday, our school did an annual food drive (that the local food bank really depends on) with the usual goal of getting 10000 food items. I found out today that we got about 19600, a new personal record. It's also awesome because last year, we ended up getting 8000 because hardly anyone showed up.

One of my old universities forgave your library late fees if you brought in food donations instead. It's a really, really effective method of getting lots of food.

As for why I'm excited, I finally get to put up my A Christmas Story leg lamp. :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My girlfriend isn't getting suspended from her university :toot: And that means her student visa is still intact and she doesn't have to leave the country :toot:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I got the formal acceptance into the expedition I wanted in my program: I'm going to Moab and Arches National Park for biking, canoeing, backpacking and more for two weeks! It will also be the eighth unique passport stamp I get in a year and a half. I'm super pumped!

ReD_XIII
Dec 21, 2005
An error at work resulted in me receiving $120 less than I earned in commission this month, but the mistake led me to learning about a way to easily save the company tens of thousands a year and I'm getting acknowledged for that.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wasn't murdered during a jewelry story robbery just now despite talking to the guy as he ran out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Today I:
-Finished 2/5ths of my finals
-Got myself adequately ready for my upcoming finals
-Had coffee with a cute girl who gave me her number
-Saw a legit full-on punk with a rad mohawk, I had to compliment her on it

And now it's the weekend, so I get to sleep in tomorrow, before I have to start writing my last paper of the semester!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I got a $15,000 bonus from my employer.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I had a good hundred bucks more then expected left over after paying off the cable bill :shepspends:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I got to hand-feed a mealworm to an adorable juvenile quail and we got a new TV to put on the middle floor because the one downstairs poo poo the bed in August. (It was ten years old anyway) The flat screen TV that was on the middle floor got moved downstairs. Now I can play wii games on a flat screen TV and ps3 games downstairs so I never have wait for my parents to be off of it to play.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Had an awesome one-on-one with my boss, who appreciated the hard work and willingness to learn since I've been moved into my tier 2/primary engineer slot. I'd brought up that it was odd to me that some people seemed hesitant to ask me for help, since I have no problem helping out however I can. He pointed out that the guy before me had such an antisocial, negative attitude that people were afraid to ask him for help, because he always blew them off or made excuses to not help out. It was great to hear that other people on my team noticed a huge difference when I took over the spot, in that they knew I'd be willing to help out (or, if I couldn't, I'd find someone who could so they wouldn't be left hanging). It's great to know that people appreciate the work I do and my willingness to lend a hand, it's like a complete 180 from previous jobs where it never seemed like I could please anyone or do enough to make any difference. :)

On top of that, I got my profit sharing bonus, which was almost $700, so I've got some extra cash to pay down bills and get some nice Christmas gifts! :woop:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I got accepted for a new job! Teller at a credit union, that pays $4/hr more than my current position as a pizza delivery bitch. Have to do some business-professional clothes shopping so I can actually look the part, but I am so happy and excited to get this new job. There is no :buddy: big enough.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm 4/5 of my way through finals, and from what I can tell, I've got no more papers, tests, or essays until next semester!

However, I've written around 30 paragraphs today...I think my hand is gonna fall off.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ReD_XIII posted:

An error at work resulted in me receiving $120 less than I earned in commission this month, but the mistake led me to learning about a way to easily save the company tens of thousands a year and I'm getting acknowledged for that.

If this sort of thing happens often at your company and others, you should consider starting a company to solve this problem for everyone.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I got promoted to a more interesting role, with people I like working with much more. Also, 15% raise!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Night Danger Moose posted:

I got accepted for a new job! Teller at a credit union, that pays $4/hr more than my current position as a pizza delivery bitch. Have to do some business-professional clothes shopping so I can actually look the part, but I am so happy and excited to get this new job. There is no :buddy: big enough.

That was the exact job I got a number of years ago that helped put me through college. The work environment was much nicer than retail which was an awesome change. It also looked really good on my resume for after I graduated!

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I just received the news that my brother got the medical approval needed to donate one of his kidneys to his friend. His friend is currently in and out of dialysis and his current kidney function is only about 10‰. So this will most likely save his friend's life. So proud of my little brother :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
In a drunk and sentimental holiday stupor I texted a dear friend of mine from high school who I haven't spoken to in six or seven years, and she texted me back :buddy: I wasn't sure if she had the same number or even lived in the same country anymore, what a nice Christmas surprise :unsmith:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
On Thursday we received a bunch of unexpected wedding gifts from my coworkers.

On Saturday I married my best friend. We had a bonfire at the beach then took our families to dinner.

On Christmas Eve we went to see my husbands family and my new niece decided I am a jungle gym.

Today we opened our presents to each other and I got a shiny, red kitchen aide stand mixer. It is amazing and wonderful. My husband loves his presents - an RC monster truck and a day spent playing speed racer in a stock car.

It has been a very awesome week.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
My boyfriend and I went to the Melting Pot for a date and it went super-awesomely :kimchi: Our server was really cool to talk to and gave us a cup of spicy habanero sauce to take home (BF likes spicy foods) and some free chocolate-covered strawberries as a token of appreciation for putting up with a loud, annoying family the next booth over.

Also the white chocolate crme brle fondue was delicious as gently caress and I'm astounded that that's not a regular menu choice goddamn.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I finally got around to seeing 12 Years A Slave today. It was just as good as I thought it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Our condo was valued at $40,000 more than last year. Thanks, Obama!