Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

AttackBacon posted:

What gives the "Pergo guys" the right to control the OP? Sounds like a goonigarchy to me. Nepotism and corruption have brought our hallowed institutions low. I will be holding a protest in defiance of the Pergo plutarchs.

Actually, why not just make another thread for the PVE bunnies? Wouldn't that end this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Jfizzoid posted:

Actually, why not just make another thread for the PVE bunnies? Wouldn't that end this poo poo?

Wow, way to splinter the guild further.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Jfizzoid posted:

Don't worry, the shitposting and infighting will die down once the game's out and goons have something to do other than post in this thread.

You can quote me on this when it all goes to hell.

Ghost of Eazy E
Feb 4, 2013

WANTED: BREAD OR ALIVE

Holy poo poo, goons are the worst.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Jfizzoid posted:

Yeah unless WS gets as big as Warcraft, there's little reason to split factions into separate threads like Mal'goonis and Kel'Thuzad. Until then it should remain 1 thread for both factions. Other guilds should go to PGS forum.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Just like to give a big shoutout to the EU goons for being chill enough to just wanna play together, wherever.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Who Dat posted:

Yeah unless WS gets as big as Warcraft, there's little reason to split factions into separate threads like Mal'goonis and Kel'Thuzad. Until then it should remain 1 thread for both factions. Other guilds should go to PGS forum.
It comes down to this, a guy generously picked up the OP and organized some people who generously made a forum that anyone is more than welcome to piss around and organize whatever they want. If you're allergic to auth pages then make a drat PGS thread and mince about your special club in there.

So let's talk about some other poo poo instead. Here's a couple interesting posts off the dev tracker:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50025-healing-slinger-nerfs-pvp-centric/page-2#entry518800
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50437-5212014-patch-stalker-update/?findpost=518778

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Thanks for whoever had posted the realms were up earlier in this thread, I forgot to install this game on my laptop as I'll be away from home next week :suicide: Seems to run okay on the lowest settings, but we'll see how it works when everybody is all logged in jamming up the zones too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So in not stupid loving poll related news about Dominion PvE, there's a thread on WildstarGoons discussing this poo poo so go talk about it there and stop acting like moron goons. It looks like at least a small handful (including me) want to mess around on the RP-PvE server, so go post some ideas for terrible guild names like I did and shut up about polls.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Ghost of Eazy E posted:

Holy poo poo, goons are the worst.

This is not a new development nor is it unique to wildstar. This is to be expected at any time goons need to be herded in any direction.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

Bussamove posted:

So in not stupid loving poll related news about Dominion PvE, there's a thread on WildstarGoons discussing this poo poo so go talk about it there and stop acting like moron goons. It looks like at least a small handful (including me) want to mess around on the RP-PvE server, so go post some ideas for terrible guild names like I did and shut up about polls.

Okay I'll go suggest Catte Butte there. :smith:

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Miles O'Brian posted:

Just like to give a big shoutout to the EU goons for being chill enough to just wanna play together, wherever.

:smug::hf::smug:

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

More like :a2m:

:smug:

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Can't we just talk about video games without all this drama?

Besides, it's obvious which server is best.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Friendly reminder about a very important poll.

http://wildstargoons.com/forums/index.php?threads/a-very-important-poll.32/#post-622

This poll is not ironic or dumb or complicated please vote if you have not.

----

Also if you are still one of the 40 people that haven't authed please post if you are having issues.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
We need to get a poll unskewer in here to unskew all these polls.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Nate Silver is already on the case.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
what the everliving gently caress is going on here

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I think if we do make a new thread on release I want something in there about Moments of Opportunity. I left all tutorials on but if the game actually explained this properly I entirely missed it. I saw the purple health bars but I never knew why they turned purple or what that meant. Without taking advantage of them it seems like you're basically throwing away free damage. I ran two or three characters over beta without knowing about it so it's not absolutely critical I guess, but once I started stunning telegraphs away just before slamming a big damage attack it got a lot more fun.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

CrashCat posted:

I think if we do make a new thread on release I want something in there about Moments of Opportunity. I left all tutorials on but if the game actually explained this properly I entirely missed it. I saw the purple health bars but I never knew why they turned purple or what that meant. Without taking advantage of them it seems like you're basically throwing away free damage. I ran two or three characters over beta without knowing about it so it's not absolutely critical I guess, but once I started stunning telegraphs away just before slamming a big damage attack it got a lot more fun.

Holy poo poo is that what those purple bars were?

Ted Theodore Logan
May 10, 2007
If we hit that bull’s-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
I have no idea what is going on with this Ops today but each time I log in another piece of my UI breaks. First the quest tracker shrinks so small I can no longer see what quests I have then my unit frames are completely gone. Anyone know how to resize the quest tracker?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Unlucky7 posted:

what the everliving gently caress is going on here

Pretty much the opposite of guild recruitment; would you want to spend prolonged periods of time with these people? Periods of time for which you're paying?

CrashCat posted:

I think if we do make a new thread on release [...]

I would love a "Hey, you might have missed this" section. There's a ton of fun and interesting mechanics/elements to the game, I just wish I understood/recognized more of them.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 22, 2014

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?
Oh poo poo, I thought I was in the Wildstar thread. Suppose I took a wrong turn.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
other mmo's have had threads for their individual server type/faction guilds so i don't see why anyone is having a sperg fit regarding creating separate threads.

typically you'd like the main OP for a game to be discussion regarding the game, maybe why someone would or wouldn't want to play it. I figure if someone is on the fence at this stage the thread would point them towards "gently caress goons"

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Can I get a current page count on this poo poo. It's gotta be 10 or more.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
gently caress goons

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MuffinMan posted:

other mmo's have had threads for their individual server type/faction guilds so i don't see why anyone is having a sperg fit regarding creating separate threads.

typically you'd like the main OP for a game to be discussion regarding the game, maybe why someone would or wouldn't want to play it. I figure if someone is on the fence at this stage the thread would point them towards "gently caress goons"

Because after the free 30 days 90% of the people here will not be playing. It's dumb to have separate threads when they will be useless in such a short time.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

jabro posted:

Because after the free 30 days 90% of the people here will not be playing. It's dumb to have separate threads when they will be useless in such a short time.

Unless it's a good game! :eng101:

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Who Dat posted:

Unless it's a good game! :eng101:

A what?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

We also have the eldritch miracle knows as dedicated off site forums, where all these things can be hashed out.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Why would we need seperate threads? Update the OP to list whatever goon guilds are active and what server/faction they are, link to the wildstargoons forums, problem solved.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

This thread has gone 0 pages without a :spergin: incident.

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

MuffinMan posted:

I agree with this. Worked for STO and other games and wasn't a big deal and who cares. However, you are about to get shat upon for mentioning it for some reason.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

flipoff posted:

Why would we need seperate threads? Update the OP to list whatever goon guilds are active and what server/faction they are, link to the wildstargoons forums, problem solved.

WHICH IS WHAT I'VE DONE

But no one reads the OP because they're all a bunch of goons

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ted Theodore Logan posted:

I have no idea what is going on with this Ops today but each time I log in another piece of my UI breaks. First the quest tracker shrinks so small I can no longer see what quests I have then my unit frames are completely gone. Anyone know how to resize the quest tracker?
Yeah, the resizing thing is pretty buried, I actually never found it until yesterday. When you hit ESC and bring up the Interface menu, there's a second tab on there and there's checkboxes for every window showing "resize" and "require key" or something like that. The quest tracker requires you to hold a key to move it by default but if you uncheck that column you can move it freely. You can of course go the other way and lock down anything or make it so you need a key to move it. I... don't actually remember what the key is but it's probably CTRL or ALT.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Doublestep posted:

WHICH IS WHAT I'VE DONE

But no one reads the OP because they're all a bunch of goons

what is this "O" "P" you speak of :confused:

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

flipoff posted:

the offsite forums don't seem to be inviting for separate groups at a glance, really. which is fine, that's what the people who created it are interested in.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

MuffinMan posted:

the offsite forums don't seem to be inviting for separate groups at a glance, really. which is fine, that's what the people who created it are interested in.

Please glance harder, maybe

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

MuffinMan posted:

The gently caress do you want? Martha Stewart baking muffins for everyone who stops by the forums? There's a forum for us to make plans for the exile guild and all our awesome bunny people plans, what else do we need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I like DOTs. If I want to play the DOT'iest motherfucker what class should I play?

• Locked thread