Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why not just cut Feral in half so you can have two Ferals. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Logistics Allison, Logistics!! :bang:
There would not be enough super powered female heroes in the world to act as adequate protection for abused women in the US alone based off the numbers we saw earlier in the thread. You're going to create a nice PR stunt and briefly raise awareness but little else.

Build more women's shelters you dolts and have them adequately staffed and funded.

And gently caress anyone who tells her she can't do this she can chuck nukes into the moon so yay to abuses of power.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea I am pretty baffled by this 'revelation'. I mean protecting women from domestic abuse is a very good thing, but it's probably even worse suited to superhero enforcement than punching out street toughs and dealers. The only thing Alison brings to an equation is overwhelming force, which is not actually the thing we're lacking in protecting people from domestic abuse.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ashcans posted:

Yea I am pretty baffled by this 'revelation'. I mean protecting women from domestic abuse is a very good thing, but it's probably even worse suited to superhero enforcement than punching out street toughs and dealers. The only thing Alison brings to an equation is overwhelming force, which is not actually the thing we're lacking in protecting people from domestic abuse.

Look at her team, though: with Paladin she can build robots that will track facebook status update to find all women that have recently broken up, and then she can send Mary to preemptively murder their exes. It's flawless, and well-worth the whole epiphany with allegorical figures from classical art that we've got.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The hell is this. :wtc:

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
This is a PR stunt, that's all. What is this.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The most effective way to save people with superpowers: doing things people without superpowers can do. If Allison got a job moving around shipping containers she could probably pay two people to do this and get twice the effectiveness.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Piell posted:

The most effective way to save people with superpowers: doing things people without superpowers can do. If Allison got a job moving around shipping containers she could probably pay two people to do this and get twice the effectiveness.

Mega-girl, you're not worthy to stand in Feral's shadow right now.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The only good thing I can say about this page is that it didn't get the "superhero" alt text.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Being a kickstarter backer has been a consistent mark of shame in this comic. I don't think I've seen one that's done well.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Being a kickstarter backer has been a consistent mark of shame in this comic. I don't think I've seen one that's done well.

Wait. Is this shoe-horned in girl she calls out of nowhere a kickstarter fangirl insert?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Toshimo posted:

Wait. Is this shoe-horned in girl she calls out of nowhere a kickstarter fangirl insert?
Well at least that makes sense now. Had no idea who the hell this was

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like this isn't a very well-thought out idea. How exactly would a team of super-powered people be more effective at dealing with domestic violence than the police? The main problem with dealing with domestic abuse isn't the lack of firepower.

Also, it's weird that she specifies "all female." Pintsize is the only super we've seen who's still way into the whole super-heroing schtick. I'm sure he'd want in on the whole thing.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Feral herself made that exact argument. It was even illustrated to drive the point home:

Alison thinks she's wrong, but I'm not 100% sure that the comic does. On the other hand, what if Feral were working with other heroes who could enhance or share her abilities in some way? It might be possible for her to save even more people. That's the kind of path Alison's thinking might start heading down now that she has this Team Social Justice thing going on.

Why did they give those people duplicate organs.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Yea, looks like the character is one of the cameo rewards from the kickstarter. Apparently there were 19 people who paid $200 for that? I can't imagine having to slot 19 different cameo characters into your comic, that has to be a huge pain in the rear end (and kind of explains why this appearance seems so out of the blue).

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also, it's weird that she specifies "all female." Pintsize is the only super we've seen who's still way into the whole super-heroing schtick. I'm sure he'd want in on the whole thing.

Men are threatening and the enemy.

Also Allison doesn't seem to have a lot of esteem or respect for Pintsize. She sees him as a delusional child.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's volunteering for women's shelters. Sticking to all female for that specific task is pretty reasonable branding.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like this isn't a very well-thought out idea. How exactly would a team of super-powered people be more effective at dealing with domestic violence than the police? The main problem with dealing with domestic abuse isn't the lack of firepower.

What if you start having super powered rapists though, that would be a good direction for the comic to go

quote:

Why did they give those people duplicate organs.

Kidneys and lungs come in pairs.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Flesh Forge posted:

What if you start having super powered rapists though, that would be a good direction for the comic to go

I'd be kind of shocked if there aren't any, but at this point it would be churlish to make a chapter about it. Kind of driven that plotline in to the ground by now.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

RIP Furnace.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Predicting a team of super powered rapists and a :nws: :nms: gripping showdown :nms: :nws:
please do not click this very nws and nms link

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ashcans posted:

RIP Furnace.

Furnace did nothing wrong.

No wait, that's not fair at all. Let's try this again.

Furnace was a huge jerk and had some questionable opinions (to say the least), but besides that he did nothing wrong.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OR DID HE

*comic reveals after another 40 pages of talking that he was, in fact, a really bad rapist guy*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

In an electrifying crossover of tumblr ideologies, a group of dedicated transgender, otherkin and MLP fetishists all want to join Allison's new team.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
So basically the idea here is to be an all female bodyguard force for women leaving abused relationships? Allison's still just trying to solve everything with force and firepower it seems, she's just trying to be more pre-emptive about it.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Zerilan posted:

So basically the idea here is to be an all female bodyguard force for women leaving abused relationships? Allison's still just trying to solve everything with force and firepower it seems, she's just trying to be more pre-emptive about it.

Force and firepower can be used to solve problems but she seems to be really bad at doing so effectively

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

It's volunteering for women's shelters. Sticking to all female for that specific task is pretty reasonable branding.

It's not like only women are victims though, so it's not like Pintsize wouldn't have a place he could help in this even if you take it as a given that a victim of domestic abuse would rather have someone of the same gender around for support.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Zerilan posted:

It's not like only women are victims though, so it's not like Pintsize wouldn't have a place he could help in this even if you take it as a given that a victim of domestic abuse would rather have someone of the same gender around for support.

None of them can provide meaningfully more concrete help here than a human can. This is purely a public relations exercise and symbolic gesture. Anything that undermines the symbolic purity undermines the gesture.

Pintsize can help with women's shelters any time he wants. Doing so as part of this specific PR exercise, however, would be counterproductive.

edit: Oh, durr, I misunderstood. Yes, there's definitely some room for him doing work at battered men's shelters, yes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Wait, wait, I got it. She's going to have Paladin build bodyguardbots that will stay with women all the time, so that no rapists can possibly get close to them.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Zerilan posted:

It's that Pintsize is a strictly non-lethal combatant, we need blood for the rapestatistics god.

Also every male named character was made to look like an idiot this chapter, which is presumably why instead of talking to her hacker friend she is contacting this woman we have never seen before.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I kind of want to ask the author what the gently caress he's thinking this last chapter. He could probably save some cash and put it on Tumblr where it kind of belongs now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mikl posted:

Wait, wait, I got it. She's going to have Paladin build bodyguardbots that will stay with women all the time, so that no rapists can possibly get close to them.

This would be a good option because you could configure the robots to have the appropriate non-threatening gender (or none at all).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I am hoping that they will unite to declare war on the metaphysical construct of gender.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This thread is alright by me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zerilan posted:

Men can't be raped silly

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Wasn't that one of Patrick's ideas? Is Allison going to go all evil Superman Injustice on us?

I know she won't, but I would love this comic turning into the adventures of frustrated millennial hulk.I would really enjoy Allison just pulling the superman equivilent of a Donald Duck rampage, if only for the catharsis.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That would be pretty rad and I would totally read that comic.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

I am hoping that they will unite to declare war on the metaphysical construct of gender.

This one one of Patrick's suggestions during his tirade wasn't it?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Maybe Mary can get out of the metaphorical castration business and into something less lethal but more literal.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Zerilan posted:

This one one of Patrick's suggestions during his tirade wasn't it?

I haven't actually read the comic in a few weeks (it's been intolerable), but remain highly sympathetic to Patrick's methods and goals prior to his metaphysically inconsistent magical idiot scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This comic is going batshit insane. What the gently caress is going on anymore. I really hope we get a super powered rape villain or something and it just escalates from there and they defeat rape forever.

• Locked thread