Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh my god this was the best loving episode it had it all. People losing their poo poo about children being turned into cards like it's graphic gore, kids everywhere wanting to be child soldiers, Reiji's longwinded speech that at one point basically goes "Wikipedia defines Lancers as...", Yuya handing out Yuzu's clothes like it's the uniform of a fallen soldier, the dad and the children's heavy reactions, Yoko dragging Yuya to teach him a lesson about fighting people you love and also to always smile, Yoko's backstory, Yoko's deck working like some real old top-tier deck (of course that monster takes over the opponent's field and makes their ATK 100, to use that effect she needs to spend her normal summon and what else could she use other monsters for? what are the odds that those monsters are good for a fusion since they always need specific monsters), YOKO, Zeppeli's spell there that is super old school gimmicky since every monster is raised in ATK equally and also fits with Yuya's deck and just ahhh everything was great.

This show. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

Oh hey, Ghostrick Dorklord is out. Maybe it's time for me to start playing around with a purer Ghostrick deck.

Pure Ghosttricks have been a super fun deck before Dorklord. They won't win you a tournament but drat if they're not super goddamn fun to mess around with. Blocks for days.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

Help, this deck is poo poo, what do I do?

No united we stand? :raise:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lightsworn are BACK, baby!

http://ygorganization.com/corejpleaks133minervareturns/

Lightlord Saint Minerva / Minerva, Saint of (the) Lightsworn
Rank 4 LIGHT Fairy-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 800
2 Level 4 monsters
You can only use each effect of “Minerva, Saint of (the) Lightsworn” once per turn.
(1) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, and if there are any “Lightsworn” cards sent, draw 1 card from your Deck for each.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect and send to the Graveyard: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, and if there are any “Lightsworn” cards sent, you can destroy a number of cards on the field up to that amount.

The pluses. :supaburn:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

VJeff posted:

Lightsworn are BACK, baby!

Lightsworn never went anywhere. Their bullshit dragon makes sure that they are still a pain in the rear end to this day.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress Off Light Sworn

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Charge of the Hate Brigade

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

So they've got a Generic Dante. Except instead of just milling into Abyss, it mills into Lightsworn, and when it mills into Lightsworn, you draw, and when it dies, it mills and kills based on lightsworn.

Castel is Love. Castel is Life.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So how does a mill deck fare against Lightsworns?
Because I have an inkling to run extreme mill decks now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I can only imagine the result being first turn double JD rather than second turn as is usual.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So how does a mill deck fare against Lightsworns?
Because I have an inkling to run extreme mill decks now.

Great way too lose unless if you're extremely lucky with what you mill.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Which is why It'd be a banish mill deck.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 22, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh my god this was the best loving episode it had it all. People losing their poo poo about children being turned into cards like it's graphic gore, kids everywhere wanting to be child soldiers, Reiji's longwinded speech that at one point basically goes "Wikipedia defines Lancers as...", Yuya handing out Yuzu's clothes like it's the uniform of a fallen soldier, the dad and the children's heavy reactions, Yoko dragging Yuya to teach him a lesson about fighting people you love and also to always smile, Yoko's backstory, Yoko's deck working like some real old top-tier deck (of course that monster takes over the opponent's field and makes their ATK 100, to use that effect she needs to spend her normal summon and what else could she use other monsters for? what are the odds that those monsters are good for a fusion since they always need specific monsters), YOKO, Zeppeli's spell there that is super old school gimmicky since every monster is raised in ATK equally and also fits with Yuya's deck and just ahhh everything was great.

This show. :allears:

The episode was pretty great, but you can tell, they had the B-(or C-)teams animating half of it. There was some serious derp-face going on there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AlternateNu posted:

The episode was pretty great, but you can tell, they had the B-(or C-)teams animating half of it. There was some serious derp-face going on there.

also the walking when Yoko was dragging Yuya away.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You mean that's not how the kids always look? They're so unmemorable (except SHIBIERU) that it's hard to tell.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Divine Wind Barrier – Air Force / Air Force
Normal Trap Card
(1) If your opponent’s monster declares an attack: Return all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls to the hand.

Hello new Mirror Force, you are non-targeting bouncing, you are so banned.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Onmi posted:

Normal Trap Card
(1) If your opponent’s monster declares an attack: Return all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls to the hand.

It won't be banned because it's a battle trap.

I also still hold the opinion of Arc-V that everything that has happened thus far could have been cut down to 20 episodes and still worked.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

I also still hold the opinion of Arc-V that everything that has happened thus far could have been cut down to 20 episodes and still worked.
Well, yeah, duh. You can say that about most yu-gi-oh series. It runs long because they need to give tons of random cards and archetypes air time. It's an animated commercial first and foremost.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
^That too. Cut it down to 20 and you're not allowed to Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragon because its pack is too far away

Well, possibly, but that wouldn't be a good use of having 3 years to fill.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

Normal Trap Card

Oooh This one's nice.
(Air force dragon do it Konami)

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Anyone having problems with YGO Pro crashing all the time? I moved my decks over from DevPro and now YGO Pro can't do anything without crashing.

Do I really have to go and redo about 60+ decks just because Percy hosed with the code THAT much...?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Onmi posted:

Normal Trap Card

This poo poo has to be super banned when it hits. It's ridiculous.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

This poo poo has to be super banned when it hits. It's ridiculous.

hahah no.
It's not. Not even close to as disruptive as mirror force was when it came out.
Especially now with infinite ways to S/T destroy/negate

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It's also kinf of needed on the current meta. These days any monster worth it's salt is either inmune to destruction or creates a plus when is destroyed.

Off the top of my mind, Divine Barrier is your best shot against a fully stablished Melodious board.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

No united we stand? :raise:

Can finally respond to this. When I was building the deck I just couldn't find any room for it. That said, I'd love to hear concrete suggestions. The issues I'm having are:

1) My best Extra Deck support is probably Gear Gigant X, which needs two Level 4s, but it's pretty hard to get two on the field.
2) Solidarity would be good if I ever drew it, but it's completely ruined by Honest which I draw all the time, never mind that neither of those are at all reliable.
3) I don't have any idea what my win condition should be.

And I'm not dropping The Seventh One. It can be the 41st card but it stays.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

Can finally respond to this. When I was building the deck I just couldn't find any room for it. That said, I'd love to hear concrete suggestions. The issues I'm having are:

1) My best Extra Deck support is probably Gear Gigant X, which needs two Level 4s, but it's pretty hard to get two on the field.
2) Solidarity would be good if I ever drew it, but it's completely ruined by Honest which I draw all the time, never mind that neither of those are at all reliable.
3) I don't have any idea what my win condition should be.

And I'm not dropping The Seventh One. It can be the 41st card but it stays.

Drop The Seventh One. The only way it will ever work in a deck is if that deck just so happens to run Sylvan Charity or Plaguespreader Zombie. Even then, the monsters it summons are bad.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Number C101 is bad? Since when?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

Number C101 is bad? Since when?

Castel and Number 101.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Worst case though, it's a one-card 2800 ATK monster that still has 101's absorption effect. 101 is just as vulnerable to 101 and you can't say 101 is bad because it'll be 101'd because where does that madness end.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Removing Castel and 101 from the game would bring back so many decks right now which simply can't compete with even the most base of rank 4 toolbox decks.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Removing Castel and 101 from the game would bring back so many decks right now which simply can't compete with even the most base of rank 4 toolbox decks.

Beelze would also run rampant.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Judgment of the Lightsworn
Normal Trap Card
(1) Place this card on top of your Deck.
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a “Lightsworn” monster: You can add 1 “Judgment Dragon” from your Deck to your hand.

gently caress you Lightsworns. :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Judgment of the Lightsworn
Normal Trap Card
(1) Place this card on top of your Deck.
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of a “Lightsworn” monster: You can add 1 “Judgment Dragon” from your Deck to your hand.

gently caress you Lightsworns. :argh:

Lightsworns never needed more support.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why is this a thing? :iiam:

Chicken Race
Field Spell Card
(1) While this card is in a Field Zone, players with LP lower than your opponent’s LP take no damage.
(2) Once per turn, during either player’s Main Phase: The turn player can pay 1000 LP, then activate 1 of these effects (cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect’s activation).
– Draw 1 card.
– Destroy this card.
– Your opponent gains 1000 LP.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That is the best card I will hear no objections.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

That is the best card I will hear no objections.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I believe this is a reference to the infamously broken Pole Position

If you can't see the obvious problem, if you have a monster with lower attack, then equip i with an equip spell to push your attack to the highest attack, then you become unaffected by spell cards.... and then your attack drops etc.

It looks like Overdrive and Oni Tank T-34 haven't managed to decide who's first in their race.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

hahah no.
It's not. Not even close to as disruptive as mirror force was when it came out.
Especially now with infinite ways to S/T destroy/negate

It seems like with more pendulum support coming out, returning to hand could be super broken. But beyond that, a non targeting, non destruction card that clears all attack monsters will probably go straight to 1, if it isn't banned.

With Dark Hole at 2 and Rageki back at 1, and because this isn't actually broken, maybe we do need more field clearers. That, or we need to nerf some decks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey since Judgment Dragon has a dedicated searcher now, can we please finally get it Limited? Please, Konami?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

We won't see JD get hit until the meta slows down enough for LightSworns to become a thing again. Even then it'll happen two banlists after the supporter hits.

It's gonna be a shortprinted secret rare. Calling it now.

EDIT: I just remembered the biggest gently caress you Konami did to me personally. Printing Madolche Anjelly in common in the OCG, and in Ultra in the TCG. ::(:

Skull Servant fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 22, 2015