Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
my favorite part about the dungeons is how none of the keys you find open any of the doors you want them to and one of the keys even mentions this in the item description saying something like the keys and layout were specifically designed to drive the prisoners mad while they tried to escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
nameless king on ng++ is giving me defiled watchdog levels of rage

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

apropos to nothing posted:

my favorite part about the dungeons is how none of the keys you find open any of the doors you want them to and one of the keys even mentions this in the item description saying something like the keys and layout were specifically designed to drive the prisoners mad while they tried to escape

Yeah I love that to find the actual key you've been looking for you have to go to the next area, explore that and find a different way back into the dungeons. It drove me batty searching for it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

did it. had to respec to my refined longsword lol but im more powerful than ever now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

irithyll is kicking my rear end so far gently caress these motherfucking pontiff knights

yeah they're assholes. This is where I'm at as well

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the first part of irithyll is kind of ridiculous, it's probably the hardest non-boss area in the game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol some japanese kid invaded me in the archives, harassed me with a greatbow and it was super annoying so i popped a seed of tree of giants, he kept running away and healing when we'd fight. then he finally black soapstoned out so i sent him a message that just said "lol" and he sent back "gg^-^"

its hard to stay mad at the japanese

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I dont understand the invasion system at all, and whether or not it's scaling all of my stats, but invading a group that's decked out in late game boss gear as a SL3 and almost taking out two of em with my +2 raw broadsword was a real trip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i was reading weapon descriptions on some of the swords I picked up as a way to wind down my session last night and a sword I found is described as "average size but thick"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"A short katana wielded by the swordsman and distinguished guest of High Lord Wolnir. This shiny black blade is thick, but shorter than the typical katana."

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Girth makes all the difference when it comes to... Katanas

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this guy's build loving owns

he just beat sullyvhan with this trainwreck

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
carefully considering where to put his next soul level, he flips around through the various stats, hits "info" on a few of them, and then ticks over his 39th point into endurance

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I appreciate that every boss soul in this game has a unique icon.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

this guy's build loving owns

he just beat sullyvhan with this trainwreck

ive been thinking about making that same build haha. Ive been wondering how far raw-infused weapons can carry you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's been a while since I've read berserk but isn't the undead legion / abyss watcher armor almost identical to Guts outfit? It looks so familiar.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

It's been a while since I've read berserk but isn't the undead legion / abyss watcher armor almost identical to Guts outfit? It looks so familiar.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. i wonder if there's a wolf-head helm in the game...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

ive been thinking about making that same build haha. Ive been wondering how far raw-infused weapons can carry you

222 is just a little bit under what i was using on pontiff, but my build is also a trainwreck, and i haven't been bumping scaling stats that much since i'm eventually going for chaos

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They buffed the Astora Greatsword just in time for me to fight Pontiff so I rolled in there with 340 AR, it owned. Refined, though, not Raw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I get 387 AR with +6 twinblades and Fire weapon but that only last about 30 seconds

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me and mad spirit Mark Rutzou

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I started NG+ and yeah its kind of disappointing how except for the occasional item it seems to just be enemy damage x 20, enemy health x5 because I still oneshot everything with my +5 Dancer swords

By the way if you like twinblades, keep those babies equipped in PVP. If you see someone wearing lovely, low-poise armor you can stunlock them for like 30 seconds and kill them if their armor has bad slash resist. This is a great way to destroy lovely sub 30% roll attack Uchigatana spammers.

QQ more

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

on the downside, the dogs in this game are definitely the worst to fight in any souls game

i dont have problems with them personally but i think the reason is cos they move at bloodborne speed and your character doesnt quite move that fast. since in bloodborne u could walk backwards and theyd attack and miss

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont have problems with them personally but i think the reason is cos they move at bloodborne speed and your character doesnt quite move that fast. since in bloodborne u could walk backwards and theyd attack and miss

the shaggy irish wolfhound dogs in bloodborne killed me more than some of the bosses for some reason, even after i'd mastered all the defiled chalice stuff. idk what it is, but their moveset owns me without mercy.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

the shaggy irish wolfhound dogs in bloodborne killed me more than some of the bosses for some reason, even after i'd mastered all the defiled chalice stuff. idk what it is, but their moveset owns me without mercy.

u mean the big ones with red eyes? they were hardcore. but if you shoot them they fall over in a really funny way

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I felt like there were multiple reliable strategies to fight the dogs in Bloodborne, but in DS3 theyre just constantly running in circles way outside your range or lunging way past you, and its dumb that the only reliable strategy seems to be waiting with your shield up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you could try unlocking vs them and use a sweeping weapon when they lunge, since weapons track well in ds3

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

u mean the big ones with red eyes? they were hardcore. but if you shoot them they fall over in a really funny way

unfortunately i mean the yellow ones that pthumerians use as guard dogs. idk what it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

knocking dogs around like rag dolls with Chikage is a highlight of tinge character runs

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Dogs: Wait for them to attack, hit dodge without moving the stick so you just do the lil jump backwards, r1. No problem.

I managed to drop 3 hosts off the bridge at the end of the catacombs last night. Too easy! It's awesome that people fall for that.

The last guy though... I dropped his phantom but the host wasn't on the bridge yet and I didn't realize you couldn't backtrack without it. He ran away and so I just waited, and waited. I get the pop-up that he's summoned some one else, meaning he ran all the way back to the bonfire. Awhile later, I see them pop out on the cliffside and just stare at me before retreating again I ended up black crystalling out another 15 mins later. What a waste of time. Why so scared of 2v1?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

knocking dogs around like rag dolls with Chikage is a highlight of tinge character runs

they actually brought that back for ds3, if you hit them with a big weapon or a charged attack they go flying :D

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If you set the dogs in Dark Soul 3 on fire, they have a unique stop, drop and roll animation.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

If you set the dogs in Dark Soul 3 on fire, they have a unique stop, drop and roll animation.

The Sensible Dark Souls Dogs

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
finally hit a brick wall with champion gundyr. i'm good with most of his attacks but that second form speeds him up and i always get him to about a few hits before he owns me. might be the frame rate hitches throwing off my timing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

hitting them with a greatsword or heaver knocks them the gently caress over it's pretty satisyfing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

finally hit a brick wall with champion gundyr. i'm good with most of his attacks but that second form speeds him up and i always get him to about a few hits before he owns me. might be the frame rate hitches throwing off my timing.
he's the only boss I summoned for because I knew after a couple of attempts that he was just going to keep loving me up

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

hitting them with a greatsword or heaver knocks them the gently caress over it's pretty satisyfing

I had one dog go flying into the horizon at like 100x the intended speed and I couldnt stop laughing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I had one dog go flying into the horizon at like 100x the intended speed and I couldnt stop laughing

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Hitting the dogs in this game with yhorm s machete makes them go flying and it's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

When you get invaded by a washing pole user

lol

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dont understand the invasion system at all, and whether or not it's scaling all of my stats, but invading a group that's decked out in late game boss gear as a SL3 and almost taking out two of em with my +2 raw broadsword was a real trip

i gave my sl1 casca invader a bunch of late game armor....its not really benificial to your stats

• Locked thread