Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Thief posted:

blitz might be the weakest op right now but i guess that's part of the charm because he's fun as heck and has the best shield skin
:frogsiren:

True as hell

Blitz is a feast or famine kind of guy. Either you rush and blind/kill a bunch of guys or you get instantly killed.

I had an ace as blitz the other day but my shadowplay wasn't on for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Duggler posted:

True as hell

Blitz is a feast or famine kind of guy. Either you rush and blind/kill a bunch of guys or you get instantly killed.

I had an ace as blitz the other day but my shadowplay wasn't on for some reason.

My first ace clutch was as Blitz

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My challenges don't appear to be updating still

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Carecat posted:

On Thursday, March 9th, we will be performing scheduled maintenance on all servers.
PS4: 9:00am-9:59am EST
XB1: 10:00am-10:59am EST
PC: 11:00am-11:59am EST
Maintenance Notes:
Address ranked penalties missing when user quits a ranked game and does not reconnect to it.
Address the low points awarded when opponent losing team drops the game in the end of round replay
Fixed issue where no victory or loss is registered when surrendering team quits before final kill cam in a ranked match
Fixed issue where no rank is obtained when a team surrenders in a ranked match
Fixed issue where winning team is not awarded any skill rating or a win if an entire team leaves on the first round

Thank gently caress

esports ready

but absolutely none of these are affecting esports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8ZkqI6Ufs&t=1s

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

but absolutely none of these are affecting esports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8ZkqI6Ufs&t=1s

The editing on this is impressive.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard,

Was that match you had at the invitational with all the YouTube pros and Serinity showing off the new maps and stuff scripted? It seemed like it was.

Thanks!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hard,

Was that match you had at the invitational with all the YouTube pros and Serinity showing off the new maps and stuff scripted? It seemed like it was.

Thanks!

Nope not at all, if i remember correctly, aside from Macy, Serenity was the only good player. A showcase with pros would've probably had a different outcome.
The only thing that was required obviously was for him to pick the new ops and make it interesting by communicating a lot but that's how he plays all the time. The plays were genuine.

e: Canadian and Kixstar might have been in there and they are both incredible players but either way nothing was scripted.

Hard fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 9, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fayk posted:

I agree btw that this kinda thing is super frustrating, but the sad thing is it's also super hard to fix. While I suspect they can make some changes (given resources/time), fundamentally the state of your game and your opponent's game is going to be out of sync by ~100±50ms. So if their knifestrike happened at a given spot/angle and there's data fromy our side saying 'no it was blocked' then they just see the reverse of the current problem - something they swung at that wasn't blocked now is blocked. Network latency is such a brutal thing in some gametypes, especially fighting games.

That said, I do hate how (Somehow no guns are subsonic?!) you never hear the bullets that shoot/kill you, until the replay.

Except Siege's network issues have gotten progressively worse from launch to now. It's really kind of astonishing because the game played like rear end in the early semi-public tests, then ran incredibly well at launch, and since then has just gotten worse and worse with reg, animation sync and various bugs that in a game like Siege make certain things basically impossible. If taking a working game and making it garbage has ever been done before so thoroughly, I'd be very surprised.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 9, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Orv posted:

Except Siege's network issues have gotten progressively worse from launch to now. It's really kind of astonishing because the game played like rear end in the early semi-public tests, then ran incredibly well at launch, and since then has just gotten worse and worse with reg, animation sync and various bugs that in a game like Siege make certain things basically impossible. If taking a working game and making it garbage has ever been done before so thoroughly, I'd be very surprised.

Funny because a lot of people feel the opposite in the grand scheme of things.

It goes back and forth, there's good patches and bad patches.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Duggler posted:

Oh yeah sure you did

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

Funny because a lot of people feel the opposite in the grand scheme of things.

It goes back and forth, there's good patches and bad patches.

Truth.

For a hot minute right around the time Black Ice dropped there was insane amount of netcode bugs; the aforementioned pawn rotation bug where the direction players were looking wasn't updated correctly was the most prominent.
https://gfycat.com/DecimalDeliciousKentrosaurus

Personally Dust Line was probably the time where the netcode was the best.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 9, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

Truth.

For a hot minute right around the time Black Ice dropped there was insane amount of netcode bugs; the aforementioned positioning bug where the direction players were looking wasn't updated correctly was the most prominent.

Personally Dust Line was probably the time where the netcode was the best.

People probably think this because Blackbeard was at his strongest so it didn't matter

Also, there's apparently a new bug where you shoot two boards off the very bottom of the window so that there's a tiny sliver of light coming through. This apparently counts as broken enough for you to vault through instantly even though no one could ever identify it as being touched from the outside. Hard fix.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 9, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Hard posted:

welp.

Edit: The team has determined the source of the error. We are excited to announce that your progress since Tuesday has been saved. We are in the process of manually updating everyone's progress now. This is a lengthy process, and should be completed within the next 12 hours. After your progress has been updated, your Challenges will continue to update in real time.

As previously noted, we are aware that the Weekly Challenges are not properly tracking your progress. We do not have an ETA for a resolution at this time. In light of this, we have made the decision to remove all Weekly Challenges this week.
The Commonwealth Day Challenge, as well as a new set of Weekly Challenges, will make a return at another date in the near future. In addition to returning the Commonwealth Day Challenge to the list of available challenges in the future, we will be doubling the Renown rewards for all challenges that week. In the event that we are not able to double the Renown of the Commonwealth Day Challenge itself, we will include an additional Challenge that will provide the appropriate amount of Renown.
Thank you for your patience.

e: VV doubt it, challenges were hosed last week too.

booo

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

People probably think this because Blackbeard was at his strongest so it didn't matter

Also, there's apparently a new bug where you shoot two boards off the very bottom of the window so that there's a tiny sliver of light coming through. This apparently counts as broken enough for you to vault through instantly even though no one could ever identify it as being touched from the outside. Hard fix.

You've been able to punch off the boards below windows to make the barricade vaultable since, I think, forever.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That doesn't make it any less dumb and broken.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hard, where is Ubi's bottleneck? Is it a capacity issue or an application issue that makes your online poo poo grind to a halt every time you launch a game? If it's capacity why don't you offload that poo poo to a third party that can handle the load like a sane company?
It's an Ubisoft issue, where they ignore common sense and how rest of the world has solved similar problems.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk if this is an actual thing but i've had really good luck when turning 90 degress while reloading when using shields. i think the shield even protects you if you lay prone or put it on your back like a turtle

also cav is probably the worst person to have a honky tonk pistol shootout with :ocelot:

watchin it like :bisonyes:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Thief posted:

idk if this is an actual thing but i've had really good luck when turning 90 degress while reloading when using shields. i think the shield even protects you if you lay prone or put it on your back like a turtle

also cav is probably the worst person to have a honky tonk pistol shootout with :ocelot:

watchin it like :bisonyes:

It does and if you have to reload in a fight doing the 90 degree turn is smart and good!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Is your FOV 60 or something?

edit: also the thing Blitz players forget is their entire gadget; too often I see them die with 3 or 4 charges left.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, if that's not the default then i must have changed it when i was playing while hosed up. FOV doesn't seem to matter much in this game though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You merely adopted the Blitz; I was born into him, molded by him: https://streamable.com/g7yzg

Also the shield will protect you no matter what (except when Ubisoft decides it doesn't exist). Wherever it is, it blocks bullets. The game is very good about that, and turning when you reload moves it back in front of you so it's definitely a thing.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 9, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You merely adopted the Blitz; I was born into him, molded by him: https://streamable.com/stjps (whoops I exported it wrong)

Also the shield will protect you no matter what (except when Ubisoft decides it doesn't exist). Wherever it is, it blocks bullets. The game is very good about that, and turning when you reload moves it back in front of you so it's definitely a thing.

Yeah bitching about Blitz is the flavor of the week. Gotta respect the ones whos been been bitching about him since pre turtle neck era.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

There fixed the upload

Hard posted:

Yeah bitching about Blitz is the flavor of the week. Gotta respect the ones whos been been bitching about him since pre turtle neck era.

Thank you Hard, I'm so glad you appreciate me I just went and bought the Pro League Blitz set.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The Frost proleague set totally fucks with quick recognition because its an all black color scheme.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah but that blue hat is a dead giveaway like 99% of the time and idk why anyone that plays frost as much as I do wouldn't use it

though it is probably as close as you can get to a pay 2 win unlock that will give you a slight advantage

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I don't think it's really that big of an advantage, target identification in this game comes down to "does it have a nameplate above it's head?"

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

how long until there is an operator that is a jack of all trades yet master of none

and can pick up/swap X amount of items from fallen teammates and use them

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Thief posted:

how long until there is an operator that is a jack of all trades yet master of none

and can pick up/swap X amount of items from fallen teammates and use them

I foresee people picking this guy to teamkill someone for their gadgets after not getting what they want.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Here is a question... Should Blitz be able to use his flash whole down but not out? Would that be an appropriate buff?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Here is a question... Should Blitz be able to use his flash whole down but not out? Would that be an appropriate buff?

No, that's stupid.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wooper posted:

No, that's stupid.
Rig it with an oversized button on a cord so you could flee with shield on your back and blind the pursuit.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

I wanted to do something like this with sledge bops but I think it would take another year to get enough clips.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i think if blitz is seriously going to get buffed then it should be something as minimal as giving him a few pistols to choose from that are unique to him so people can write essays on which is the most efficient even though they are basically all balanced around damage to magazine size.

IQ is one of my most played operators. And when they gave her a frag grenade I think it was a pretty legit tweak without going overboard.

Thief fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 9, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard posted:

I've been bitching for as long as I've been playing. I've just been louder about it because there aren't bigger problems now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Blitz just needs a range extension on his shield. And better netcode. That's it.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Blitz just needs a range extension on his shield. And better netcode. That's it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah. He's very helpless at any sort of range.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Wooper posted:

No, that's stupid.

So are you, tough guy!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Better netcode for just blitz would be baller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Make Blitz really tiny.

• Locked thread