Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Just rename the show to Game of Olenna and let it be done and give Diana Rigg every part like Orphan Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"The Lannisters are totally the underdog guys, they have no money and no allies!"

*wrecks Danny's navy*
*wrecks the Tyrells*
*Casterly Rock is a trap, lol*

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Queen of Thorns greedily chugs the wine that means she won't have to be on the show anymore

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
gently caress this TV show for making me so angry.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sydin posted:

"The Lannisters are totally the underdog guys, they have no money and no allies!"

*wrecks Danny's navy*
*wrecks the Tyrells*

Well it does sort of make sense for the experienced military commanders (Jaime, Euron) to outmaneuver the children playing war.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

This show is bad and I'm glad it's ending

They've got nothing left.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
great sets, great production, the laws of time and space are completely gone. I loving love it and take back everything bad I've said

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Why does this show constantly have to have at least 2 to 3 perfect Mary Sue villains that can teleport and kill anyone at any time

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
This aftershow, Christ. "The tyrells aren't known for being strong warriors. We figured they didn't have an army"

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sydin posted:

*wrecks Danny's navy*
*wrecks the Tyrells*

Seriously, 6 seasons of Danny gradually building up her Across The Narrow Sea Army and they all get wiped out in 3 episodes :lol:

I mean Euron decapitating the Dorne leadership last episode was kind of nifty and added more intrigue but I didn't think they'd follow it up with almost all of Dany's armies being obliterated in the following episode.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

TheRat posted:

Well it does sort of make sense for the experienced military commanders (Jaime, Euron) to outmaneuver the children playing war.

Except, we saw Danny and Friends utterly wreck armies across the sea. But hey, who's keeping track?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheRat posted:

Also Dany basically has a history of of making incompetent leadership decisions which always get overturned by Deus Ex Machina cheese moments.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CDHiggs posted:

Except, we saw Danny and Friends utterly wreck armies across the sea. But hey, who's keeping track?

And that's exactly why Jaime said he avoided open combat and went for the sneaky poo poo instead?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Sydin posted:

Ten good men lol

TheRat posted:

It's a Bronn quote from season 3

What the hell is it with their random call back quotes? They really think that poo poo is clever writing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

TheRat posted:

Danerys conquered most of a continent and the Unsullied have been trained since childhod how to war.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

VaultAggie posted:

This aftershow, Christ. "The tyrells aren't known for being strong warriors. We figured they didn't have an army"

Dorne had literally four women as their fighting force, apparently

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
hahah the Unsullied have been hyped up for literally 4 loving years and this is what happens.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I didn't think they'd follow it up with almost all of Dany's armies being obliterated in the following episode.

The main bulk of her army (the dothraki) hasnt seen action yet.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

TheRat posted:

And that's exactly why Jaime said he avoided open combat and went for the sneaky poo poo instead?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Okay, you got me with your great reasoning.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

TheRat posted:

Give it time

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

VaultAggie posted:

Did you not see who was riding next to Jaime? It was Randyll Tarly, aka the main commander of what used to the the Tyrell army aka the dude Jaime convinced to switch sides in episode 2.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My stream died around the Unsullied getting into Casterly Rock through the sewers. What happened after that?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

Danerys conquered most of a continent and the Unsullied have been trained since childhod how to war.

They are taught how to fight. Strategy is a whole different thing, I guess.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Why does this show constantly have to have at least 2 to 3 perfect Mary Sue villains that can teleport and kill anyone at any time

I am kind of starting to feel like the sense of time is a little hosed up. People seem to be able to bounce all over the map nearly-instantly.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This is all stuff that should have happened in the yawning gulf of wandering around that happened in Season 6. We saw this coming.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

My stream died around the Unsullied getting into Casterly Rock through the sewers. What happened after that?

Jaime Lannister took HIghgarden and allowed Olenna to kill herself with poison. Euron destroyed the unsullied ships so they couldnt sail back. Olenna told Jaime she was the one who killed Joffrey.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TheRat posted:

Opening of the next episode sees the dothraki standing on the beach looking at all of their horses laying dead upon the ground as one glumly notes that they knew they shouldn't have let them drink from the sea.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mary Sue Euron Greyjoy is making everything very anticlimactic

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It is amazingly cathartic to see the show deal with GRRMs endlessly expanding spiderweb of eternally unresolved plotlines by murdering everyone involved in them tbh.

Also pour one out for OT, Last of the OGs.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Episode owned. Dany getting outmaneuvered hard is a good strategy to keep the tension going.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So basically Tyrion has more or less completely hosed Danny over two seasons in a row, first by completely botching his governorship of Slaver's Bay, and now by giving her dogshit military advice and getting outmaneuvered by Cersei of all people. Great job you loving loser.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

hahah the Unsullied have been hyped up for literally 4 loving years and this is what happens.

Grey Worm was dead the second he stuck his grey worm in Missandei and we all knew it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
apparently highgarden and casterly rock are about 550 miles apart lmao

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Euron sailed from the victory party in King's Landing to Casterly Rock to appear behind the Unsullied even though they left the Blackwater Bay region days or even weeks before he departed the same region for the same destination.

This is not unusual for real naval campaigns because wind is a bitch but they didn't even explain it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Jaime Lannister took HIghgarden and allowed Olenna to kill herself with poison. Euron destroyed the unsullied ships so they couldnt sail back. Olenna told Jaime she was the one who killed Joffrey.

Oh, so the Unsullied took the Rock but they're kinda stuck there? They can't just start walking back?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Isn't this all being set up so Dany and her folk have to flee north? That seems to be the direction.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

PostNouveau posted:

They won, but it was a feint-- the Lannisters had instead marched on the Tyrells, taking Highgarden. Jamie confronted Oleanna and gave her a peaceful death by poison, at which point she taunts him by revealing that she poisoned Joffrey.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
eurons magic dragon horn and armor in the books have been rewritten as scry and teleport and I'm 100% OK with it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, so the Unsullied took the Rock but they're kinda stuck there? They can't just start walking back?

Yes, they took the Rock. I'm sure they could start marching by foot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Found leaked scene of the end of season 8. Cersei and the night king loving on top of the rubble of the wall. end scene

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This is all being set up so that Dany has to go hardass and let lose her Dothraki and dragons on a bitch. She already wants to go burn Euron's fleet personally but her advisers told her not to. With a good chunk of her loyal Essos army in danger she'll do it anyway. Probably without telling the audience first so it can be a ~shocking TV moment~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
*4 dornish women die*

*dany knocks over the Dorne sigil on her game board*

• Locked thread