Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

M42 posted:

Yesss I was looking for that dude's videos, forgot his name. Is he riding on straight pipes? :laffo:

e. Holy poo poo he has an insane amount of videos. Anyone have the original one CA found?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRb1VVqjkvc

Or at least I think that's the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yall BMW nerds might enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-UHgfTrU4

'Mein Deutsches Motorrad' by Corb Lund

Yeah I'm following the thread subject pretty loosely.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 25, 2014

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ducati Scrambler all laid out. Click for bigger.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Look at that muffler hanging like a catalytic turd half the size of the engine itself.

Emissions laws. :saddowns:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That's not gonna run for poo poo without an airbox, wiring harness, or battery.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"Assembly is the reverse of disassembly."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

That's not gonna run for poo poo without an airbox, wiring harness, or battery.

There's no way of making wiring and engine management seem ~~full of passion~~ without everything bursting into flames.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Surprises me that it's got a cable throttle instead of dbw.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

High Protein posted:

I didn't notice that, good spotting. Guess it must be really easy to pass emissions/noise regs if you're using a relatively lazy engine and have no need for traction control.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

High Protein posted:

Ride-by-wire is still a relative rarity outside of the flagship bikes. Like Slavvy says, there's not a huge amount of need for it on a low-powered bike.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The gently caress you doin' physics?

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I am suddenly reminded of this:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

^ Does the battery catch on fire too?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

e: beaten like a lithium ion

I'd give its battery an extra look if I were them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
How do you fly it :confused:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chichevache posted:

How do you fly it :confused:

Very carefully...

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Keep your eyes safe while you're working on your café racer project.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I don't think the deathtrap ninja was the best choice for this. What is the context here? Is it owned by someone who helped build the plane, or what?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Or someone got sponsored by his employer. Note the sign in the background.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I don't think the deathtrap ninja was the best choice for this. What is the context here? Is it owned by someone who helped build the plane, or what?

It's advertising the Boeing employee motorcycle club. It's at the factory campus up at Everett where they build the 787.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

High Protein posted:

As I learned in bike fix school, most modern ride by wire systems still have a cable for safety to force the throttle bodies closed if the computer shits itself.

otaku69
May 18, 2003

do you have a working link to this ?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As I learned in bike fix school, most modern ride by wire systems still have a cable for safety to force the throttle bodies closed if the computer shits itself.

Interesting! Cars left that setup behind like a decade ago. I would've thought they'd just use the automotive solution of having a big fuckoff spring attached to the TB so it snaps shut when the actuator stops holding it open. But perhaps because of having multiple throttlebodies this isn't feasible?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They do.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The clutch is still manual, so you can always pull that in. Won't save the engine, but will stop you from running off.

First thing that caught me out about the 1290 was that if you're rolling with the engine on in neutral and you turn the key off, the bike doesn't actually turn off until you come to a stop. Haven't tried it with the killswitch yet, but I'd imagine that will kill it regardless.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Then I don't see the point of a cable, especially as you can hit the KS or grab the clutch then turn off the key.

Z3n posted:

The clutch is still manual, so you can always pull that in. Won't save the engine, but will stop you from running off.

First thing that caught me out about the 1290 was that if you're rolling with the engine on in neutral and you turn the key off, the bike doesn't actually turn off until you come to a stop. Haven't tried it with the killswitch yet, but I'd imagine that will kill it regardless.

Probably because the ignition doesn't operate a conventional relay type setup and instead just sends an on signal to the computer.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Needs to be a bigger version of this

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the bike on the left looks amazing.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
30 gallon gas tank on that bike.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

hayden. posted:

No stars, stripes, or eagles. 6/10

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Collateral Damage posted:

Keep your eyes safe while you're working on your café racer project.

If I can get those in prescription I'd wear them all the time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hayden. posted:

Slavvy posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the bike on the left looks amazing.

Thats because square headlights own and are due for a comeback

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://secure.motogp.com/en/Subscribe?utm_source=motogp.com&utm_medium=link&utm_content=menu_right&utm_campaign=2015_Fidelity

Off season motogp video pass is only 99 cents. Basically you get full races etc bact till 2002 and highlights back to 92 I think, till the season starts with testing in March. A steal...or their way of stopping you from stealing and making a dollar. Only Thursday and Friday.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

nsaP posted:

https://secure.motogp.com/en/Subscribe?utm_source=motogp.com&utm_medium=link&utm_content=menu_right&utm_campaign=2015_Fidelity

Off season motogp video pass is only 99 cents. Basically you get full races etc bact till 2002 and highlights back to 92 I think, till the season starts with testing in March. A steal...or their way of stopping you from stealing and making a dollar. Only Thursday and Friday.

I forgot I had mine on auto-renew and they grabbed the full amount 2 days ago. Though sometimes it is fun watching some of the older seasons. I work an overnight shift so if I start to nod off I'll try to find an exciting race.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
This is more AI than CA, but pretty cool nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS

hayden. posted:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

What's the CE rating for faux fur?