Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Assault posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

euphronius posted:

He could nuke a rioting Philadelphia as an "example" to other insurrectionist elements.

he's gonna detonate a LOW LEVEL NUKE off the coast of south carolina

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yinlock posted:

also i'm pretty sure trump is going to be too busy holding rallies to launch any nukes

it's just going to be 8 years of republican turbo fuckery rather than global apocalypse, g-good news?

global financial collapse isnt good news

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Here's some trump news! Tom cotton for secdef
https://twitter.com/olivianuzzi/status/798669354124644352

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

euphronius posted:

John Bolton

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm the clicked link on cassandra butts

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

can we take the entirely unrelated chat stuff to the chat thread? just posting youtube music vids and tumblr gifs really shits on the rest of the thread.

and at least keep the nite crew chat stuff during the actual nite and not 6 pm or whatever.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

UberJew posted:

assault weapon was made up as a fake category consisting of 'things that look scary' during the clinton administration tbqh

its always irritating as somebody who is pro gun control but like, pro sane gun control (storage laws to keep guns away from kids, background checks and limits on handguns specifically) but anti stupid gun control (you can't have a semi-automatic AK because 'ak' is on the california list of THIS BAD, or you can't have a pistol grip and a removable magazine on a rifle but you can if there's a lock on the removable magazine) because the battle lines are between unfettered guns for everyone forever and immensely stupid laws

i think the general public not having access to aks is a good thing

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

pretty sure it means like assault rifle

and there's never been a satisfactory answer to "why do you need a loving automatic weapon outside of a range"

sale of automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 was banned. All extant automatic firearms in civilian hands were grandfathered in, and the shittiest, most garbage one of those grandfathered automatic weapons will cost you 10,000 dollars or more.

I can definitely get behind the banning of poo poo like Bump Stocks, The World's Worst Idea though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

can we take the entirely unrelated chat stuff to the chat thread? just posting youtube music vids and tumblr gifs really shits on the rest of the thread.

and at least keep the nite crew chat stuff during the actual nite and not 6 pm or whatever.

first you vote for jill stein, now this

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Serf posted:

right, which is why there's no reason to have anything that isn't manual action

that's dumb

they work the exact same way but the mechanism is different so OMG OMG OMG BANNIT

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

pretty sure it means like assault rifle

and there's never been a satisfactory answer to "why do you need a loving automatic weapon outside of a range"

the inalienable right to self defense given to us by our creator

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

i think the general public not having access to aks is a good thing

a semiautomatic only ak with a 10 round magazine is not any more dangerous than any other mid caliber semiautomatic rifle with a 10 round magazine but plenty others are legal while ak-pattern is illegal because THE CHICOMS ARE COMING

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bushiz posted:

sale of automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 was banned. All extant automatic firearms in civilian hands were grandfathered in, and the shittiest, most garbage one of those grandfathered automatic weapons will cost you 10,000 dollars or more.

I can definitely get behind the banning of poo poo like Bump Stocks, The World's Worst Idea though.

see this is a way better answer than "~target rich environment~" or whatever

Serf
May 5, 2011

can you give me a reason why you would need a semiautomatic that isn't murder?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"I'm just like Jack Ryan", Trump mutters to himself before launching nukes onto Western Europe for some reason

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

He could nuke a rioting Philadelphia as an "example" to other insurrectionist elements.

that wouldn't work because Philly is the city that America forgot. no one would notice

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can we please talk about survival strategies over the years and not derail about guns? Hand axes are way more important than guns and if you tried to hunt with some penis machine you'd end up getting trampled by a furious and bleeding moose

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

the queen didn't give you that though?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm the clicked link on cassandra butts

Butts :quagmire:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Serf posted:

can you give me a reason why you would need a semiautomatic that isn't murder?

a manual action gun will kill someone just as dead as a semiautomatic so why not just ban both, idiot?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Can we please talk about survival strategies over the years and not derail about guns? Hand axes are way more important than guns and if you tried to hunt with some penis machine you'd end up getting trampled by a furious and bleeding moose

i am super impressed at how water filters have come in the last ten years actually

they are crazy good now, super lightweight and rated for stupid amounts

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

we live in trumps america now and laws are backed up by the liberal use of nuclear arms

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Baloogan posted:

"God made men, Colt made them equal"

-the constitution (blade)

iamanLLC
May 25, 2007

We're all dead and this is hell...
So do we have a list of Senate Republicans that are reasonable, or at least hate Trump? So far I have....

-Lindsey Graham
-Rand Paul
-?

edit: reasonable may be a strong word

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
new york city is safe from trump's nukes as long as trump tower stands

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure that trying to take a handaxe to a moose is a better idea

In fact, just avoid all moose, really.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Baloogan posted:

george washington reportedly enjoyed the feeling of being shot at in battle

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I try to give everyone a chance but now I see why most people around here think your a pedantic bore.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm the clarinet solo.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

UberJew posted:

i am super impressed at how water filters have come in the last ten years actually

they are crazy good now, super lightweight and rated for stupid amounts

they have? my steripen is trash garbage and all the hand filters I've seen are basically the same as what I used in the 90s

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

I try to give everyone a chance but now I see why most people around here think your a pedantic bore.

preemptive *you're for maximum pedantry

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Well What Now posted:

a manual action gun will kill someone just as dead as a semiautomatic so why not just ban both, idiot?

i never read the manual

:dukedog:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

they have? my steripen is trash garbage and all the hand filters I've seen are basically the same as what I used in the 90s

im a water filter enthusiest

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

we live in trumps america now and laws are backed up by the liberal use of nuclear arms

your point only bolsters the wanton abandon and embrace of drunken nihilism

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XISxIKwnQk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

mastershakeman posted:

here you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

look if we've got to deal with actual nazis I reserve the inalienable right to be a grammar nazi

• Locked thread