Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm beginning to think Hetty wasn't just about Renard's growth and remorse, but also foreshadowing for Tony's sudden death by arsenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Splicer posted:

I'm beginning to think Hetty wasn't just about Renard's growth and remorse, but also foreshadowing for Tony's sudden death by arsenic.

The time to treat this cancer with the blade has ended. We must bring forth the torch.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Well jeez Annie, yeah, having short hair is Kat's thing

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
We need more edits with Red's hair.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
As sad as today's strip is, at least it's a TINY bit of catharsis after the last few weeks of suffering. We finally get a tiny pressure valve.

I just wish it wasn't at Kat's expense :smith:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I don't see any problem here, Kat just needs to let her hair grow.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't see any problem here, Kat just needs to let her hair grow.
But who's going to do makeup? Certainly not Kat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It is sad seeing what an utterly broken person Annie is. She doesn't even have a ghost of a capacity to resist, or even begin to comprehend that something might be wrong with all this :smith:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It is sad seeing what an utterly broken person Annie is. She doesn't even have a ghost of a capacity to resist, or even begin to comprehend that something might be wrong with all this :smith:

She seems so confused about Kat's reaction. :(

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Wittgen posted:

She seems so confused about Kat's reaction. :(

Her whole world literally broke. It was split apart and smashed to bits by her dad, and she thinks he did no wrong. That is some serious brainwashing/denial/mental conditioning there. Like, drat.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

she's even dressed like she's in some sort of cult

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Everything is fine, guys. Why do you think there's any trouble? :shepface:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

She can't admit there's something wrong with this because that would mean acknowledging something that is unbearable for her to even contemplate. Mere misery and loneliness is preferable to thinking that her father blames her for her mother's death. If she ever thinks that, then she only has two options for what to believe: either all the suffering and abuse is because of circumstances beyond her control (which means she can't prevent or control it, dooming her to an existence of fear), or she actually did kill her mother (which means she deserves worse).

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 13, 2015

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I wonder when Kat will notice Reynard is gone (which I can only assume he already is).

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tom talks about Coyote Stories.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Oh my gosh, yes, I missed these so much! It's great to see another one.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's basically the best chapter so I'm glad.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder what Annie's dad's special power is. Everyone at the Court has something interesting about them. I wonder if it is some sort of weird compulsion to obey him.

Sure, Annie misses her Dad, but with how much of an unbearable rear end he is, I am beginning to wonder if there is something special about his assholishness and why everyone just politely puts up with it.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Bilirubin posted:

she's even dressed like she's in some sort of cult
Seriously, she looks like one of the women that rarely pops up in town from the fundamentalist something-or-other communes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Donkringel posted:

I wonder what Annie's dad's special power is. Everyone at the Court has something interesting about them. I wonder if it is some sort of weird compulsion to obey him.

Sure, Annie misses her Dad, but with how much of an unbearable rear end he is, I am beginning to wonder if there is something special about his assholishness and why everyone just politely puts up with it.

The power to command redheads.

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011

Parts Kit posted:

Seriously, she looks like one of the women that rarely pops up in town from the fundamentalist something-or-other communes.

I think she's wearing the same dress she wore at the beginning of that haircut chapter. So she's had it for a while.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=306

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Parts Kit posted:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Nice.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Today's edition of "statements that are rough in hindsight"

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1058

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Today's edition of "statements that are rough in hindsight"

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1058

Made somewhat less harsh by Jones going "snap out of it" and then Annie apparently catching up on all her detentions, for people who don't remember how that plot line turned out.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Honestly, the Court probably brought Dad down from the sky because he was the only person that could rein Antimony in. She hasn't exactly endeared herself to the headmaster and things finally got to a point where they could no longer overlook Annie's 'indiscretions'.

While he lacks the... how does one say, the human touch (and I am definitely not condoning the methods, since they're born out of completely cold logic), I am sure the headmaster approves of the results.

Coyote's probably not going to take this laying down, though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

LuiCypher posted:

Honestly, the Court probably brought Dad down from the sky because he was the only person that could rein Antimony in. She hasn't exactly endeared herself to the headmaster and things finally got to a point where they could no longer overlook Annie's 'indiscretions'.

While he lacks the... how does one say, the human touch (and I am definitely not condoning the methods, since they're born out of completely cold logic), I am sure the headmaster approves of the results.

Coyote's probably not going to take this laying down, though.
This is surely condoned by some of the forces in the Court. No way that there is consensus though. I bet the Knight is pissed for one, or will be when he finds out.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
"Come, Antimony, it is time for us to eschew this corrupt modern world and live our lives on a farm. Where no robots are allowed. Aside from me."

"Yes, Father."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

"Come, Antimony, it is time for us to eschew this corrupt modern world and live our lives on a farm. Where no robots are allowed. Aside from me."

"Yes, Father."

"Sir."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fire Elementals are strong as hell.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Everyone ready for the latest tragedy? I know I am :q:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, seeing Annie dressed like that is probably more disturbing and depressing than anything else this chapter. It really feels like she's been brainwashed into a weird cult.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
She has the haircut and basically the same dress of when she was a child. Including having her hair tucked behind both ears.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Kat is The Best Friend. :unsmith:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

:unsmith:

:smith:

:qq:

Repeat on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 3 AM.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well, at least the homework copying thing isn't leading to a rift between them like I'd worried. So that's something, at least. :unsmith:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Honestly not sure how well Kat would actually be able to teach someone who doesn't just instantly understand all science, Annie probably would've been better served asking another classmate than asking Kat.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Kat Donlan. Good person. Best friend. A lonely ray of sunlight in this painful chapter. :unsmith:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Kat's an even better friend than I thought she was. I never thought the cheating reveal would be a huge deal, but I thought it would, but I thought it was spark some conflict. Of course, I didn't think it would coincide with dadpocalypse. Kat has a good sense of priorities.

This is honestly the page this chapter that brought me the closest to tears. Annie not wanting to be seen by her friend as dumb is too real.

Also that haircut/outfit is not getting any easier to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Kat, Kat's parents, Jones, Eglamore, Renardine and Ysengrin all have their flaws, but together they make a much better support structure for Annie than her father appears to be remotely capable of.