Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I was already an adult when gen IV came out so I don't feel any nostalgia for it. They should do something more like black and white 2 instead. I actually think Sun and Moon would be great candidates for a direct sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If they're going for a DP remake I hope they make the male trainer look like not an idiot

I'm really not optimistic, the trainer designs in the remakes usually look worse than the originals

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 24, 2017

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

TheKingofSprings posted:

If they're going for a DP remake I hope they make the male trainer look like not an idiot

Trainer Ocelot is good

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ogmius815 posted:

I was already an adult when gen IV came out so I don't feel any nostalgia for it. They should do something more like black and white 2 instead. I actually think Sun and Moon would be great candidates for a direct sequel.
Or Lillie's Adventures in Kanto.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dr. Fetus posted:

Welp, the unavailable mega stones are banned from Season 2 Battle Spot. Guess we'll have to wait for stars or whatever to get them.

If they're banned, wouldn't that lean towards the fact that we're getting them? Otherwise why would you specifically ban something players couldn't obtain?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
In that game we didn't steal her best friend from her and she's running around Kanto with a Mewtwo equivalent

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's hosed up that we are incapable of having nostalgia for things we experienced after our 18th birthdays, but hell, that's science.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm really not optimistic, the trainer designs in the remakes usually look worse than the originals

He looks a hell of a lot better than the B/W and B2/W2 player characters

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

He looks a hell of a lot better than the B/W

You take that poo poo back

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Diamond/Pearl was the gen I was in the "too mature for pokemon" phase so wouldn't mind a chance to catch up. :D

KyleeBitkin
Jan 22, 2017

Around, and around, and around, and around...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If they're banned, wouldn't that lean towards the fact that we're getting them? Otherwise why would you specifically ban something players couldn't obtain?

They banned the Mega Glove and other key items. I'm guessing it is a "catch-all" to prevent hacked items from being placed on Pokémon.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The data for those items still exists in the game's code, and hackers can put them in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TheKingofSprings posted:

You take that poo poo back

Sorry, but I have good taste

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Who's got an alolan graveler with Galvanize? I'll trade you for one of my Slush Rush sandslash that I spent two hours hunting for yesterday :cool:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

PokeBank update release confirmed January 32nd.

Also, neat !confirmation on GSC VC ports. I want to say it's for the 20th anniversary of Gold and Silver, but that's not until 2019. Still neat though.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Diamond/Pearl was the gen I was in the "too mature for pokemon" phase so wouldn't mind a chance to catch up. :D

Mine was Ruby/Sapphire.

I'd say it was D/P where things started getting really bananas with the mythos and what you can do on the side of things.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Who's got an alolan graveler with Galvanize?

Does it need to be a graveler? I got some geodudes with it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I remember really liking Gen IV Platinum, i should play it again if i can find the drat cartridge

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i liked platnium but diamond and pearl were kinda blah tbh

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why would you play the original Gold/Silver with HGSS in existence? Get yourself a Mamoswine, Togekiss, Yanmega, Ambipom, and respect your free time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shneak posted:

Why would you play the original Gold/Silver with HGSS in existence? Get yourself a Mamoswine, Togekiss, Yanmega, Ambipom, and respect your free time.

HGSS aren't on the virtual console

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shneak posted:

HG costs like 30 bucks cuz all pokemon games have terrible mark-up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i mean, i think i still have my HG cart somewhere around here, i could prob get some good money for it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wish the Pokewalkers were brought back as a special addition pack-in to some of the games.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I remember liking Pearl when it came out because the GTS loving blew my mind. You're saying I can actually get the three starters by trading with random people online?! :aaaaa:

But yeah, Platinum completely superseded Diamond/Pearl. There's no reason to play either of those if you can get Platinum.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

It says that "when you see a weather effect on the field before entering battle, you can find Pokémon from different evolutionary lines in SOS battles (but using a move like Rain Dance to change the weather yourself won't do the trick)." But that's not true. I've used a Drizzle Pelipper to get Goomy and Rain Dance to get a Politoed.

Wonder how that mistake made it onto the official website.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my hope for a DPPt remake is no HMs and a more fleshed out Battle Zone

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Improbable Lobster posted:

HGSS aren't on the virtual console

How dare you not have an old DS with a Pokemon game in both the DS and GBA slots.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i was packing up for my move i found out i actually have two heart gold carts and i don't remember playing on one of them at all. but it was up to ghost gym town

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ecruteak city is still one of the best town songs they've ever made and I wouldn't mind it showing up in every Pokemon game.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Silver Falcon posted:

Keep in mind Skarmories usually run Sturdy, at least mine sure as heck does!

Yeah, I also found it was impossible to one shot it even with a max EV Fire Blast. So, I might just toss Flamethrower and maybe Thunderbolt on it for coverage with no investment

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so there's not gonna be anything stopping me from going on battle spot with my choice scarf no guard fissure machamp right? pair it with sigilyph with gravity/tailwind, and magnezone to get rid of Sturdy skarmory. Does Focus Sash leave them at 1 HP after an OHKO move?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TheKingofSprings posted:

In that game we didn't steal her best friend from her

and cackled as we Wonder Traded it away

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

so there's not gonna be anything stopping me from going on battle spot with my choice scarf no guard fissure machamp right? pair it with sigilyph with gravity/tailwind, and magnezone to get rid of Sturdy skarmory. Does Focus Sash leave them at 1 HP after an OHKO move?

I would be surprised if they didn't end up banning imported VC Pokemon from the Battle Spot.

If they're allowed in the Battle Tree, though... :getin:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Your grand plan will end the moment you run into a Flying type, Sturdy, or a Pokemon with a speed stat of 176 or higher.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Your grand plan will end the moment you run into a Flying type, Sturdy, or a Pokemon with a speed stat of 176 or higher.

Fissure doesn't depend on speed past gen 1 :ssh:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

that's what gravity Sigilyph is there for. Or, maybe a bulky assault vest Machamp would work and you use Smack Down first.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Fissure doesn't depend on speed past gen 1 :ssh:

I know. I'm saying that there are Pokemon that are faster than Machamp with a Choice Scarf that can end their shenanigans.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I know. I'm saying that there are Pokemon that are faster than Machamp with a Choice Scarf that can end their shenanigans.

Finally, a reason for Talonflame to become relevant again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Does Grassy Terrain affect Fissure at all? Bulu's breakout moment y'all.