Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
"Does anyone else want the job?" is a heck of a deterrent in Zepathan circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

A Terrible Person posted:

Even my crazy rear end thinks this is a bit of a reach.

Lots of assumptions ( :v: )

But the test idea is pretty cool nonetheless!

Personally, I vote that C and D are private. Zabdi and our Allies only.

This

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Diogines posted:

Vote totals were kind of low but D wins, which was...

What you wanted to do was ambigious and D was way ahead of everything else. There is not enough information for us to process what you do next, so we need another vote.

Keep in mind that while generally the Armanumians will be quite pleased to see you bringing home so many of their people, some will be a bit disappointed that you actually made a deal with their Hated Foe instead of just kicking their asses or threatening them, but that should be relatively minor. Conservative Zepathans won't be happy about MORE foreigners coming, Enkidel is practically opening the floodgates! Many from Kavodel will also likely be unhappy about bringing more people to Zepath due to the general xenophobia of your people. A smaller portion of the most hardcore abolitionists won't be happy that you bought slaves and would have prefered you used force. Those with large stockpiles of gold, silver and gems will be displeased you made a purchase that they will likely see as "unnecessary" while you have simultaneously been urging people to NOT unload their big stockpiles to prevent hyperinflation in this region of Ur.

The Armanumians will definitely be unhappy about friendly relations with Yeledtov, who have stolen from them in raids for generations and enslaved their people and not be happy about any new military agreements or trade relations.

Which is not to say you are going to bring about civil disorder or rebellion over this, for the most part the unhappiness should be mild, but you would probably want to know how your decisions influence your people so we are telling you. You remain beloved and are generally massively popular among all of your subjects, even most of the conservative Zepathans like you, only those close to the Mighty Men have strong negative feelings.

The Very Large Dog is sad when you go and sniffs you a few times and then gives you a very large, dry lick with his tongue.

You are nice. Come back some time? And please fine Master!

You tell Yeledtov you will come back to visit, eventually, if you can.

As to the actual humans in the city, you decide to not possibly destabilize the city of Yeledtov and so when you tell Zabdi that you know he is lying to you and has tried to deceive you, not only did their king not invite Snarls and he should feel great shame for lying in the name of the king whom he is bound to serve, but he invited you as guests while planning to steal your Companion away from you! The people of Zepath are not bloodthirsty, you warn him, but no foe who has ever turned against us has survived, even the hordes of the demons of the sea were ultimately ground into dust upon our city!

Zabdi remains stoic and denies everything and so you return home…

[…]

Other envoys have visited you not long after you took the throne of Armanu-… of Zepath. It seems not every “king” in the region is human, for many centuries one of your neighbors has a female dog as their king, though one of the monarchs of the region seems a more recent development...

“There are some strange men in the city who want to talk to you” Paebel tells you one day. There are a great many demands upon your time, both from your own people and from foreigners, more people want to see you every day than you possibly have time for and so you ask Paebel what makes them strange?

“They are not very Blooded but they are much better armed than most and comport themselves like soldiers. An innkeeper told one of my men and they told me. I asked around, it looks like they have been asking around as well to try to find someone in authority to bring a message to you.”

That is strange. Usually foreigners who want to see you just… find you in the market, or go to the Chairmen or your home or find Gareb or something? And so with Paebel’s help you find the inn where the men are staying and simply knock on the door to their room one night. The door opens a bit and you see a man who looks at you and then closes the door quickly. A hushed conversation follows.

“Uh Sir, he is here.”
“What do you mean him?”
“Sir, I mean HIM!”

A moment later the door to the room opens and you see those within. Inside of the room are ten men who are very clearly soldiers of some sort wearing bronze armor even if their garments are hiding it passably well, it looks like they were just seated around two tables gambling and are now frantically standing and trying to look presentable. There is another man who in the room as well, the one who answered the door. He is more richly dressed than the others, dressed in a style which Zepathans would probably think is flamboyant but would probably be quite fashionable in Acco? He is not bedecked in jewels but his garments seem to be of fine quality. He gestures into the room with one hand with a warm and inviting smile as he says to you...

“Ah! The Hero Enkidel! Just the man I wanted to see. Thank you so much for saving me the time to come and see you! I hope I do not offend? I am told you prefer Magistrate but that such is reserved for your own people? I only wish to address you as you desire, if that is King it shall be! But please, do come in, I thank you for making time in what I am sure is your very busy day, working even at this very late hour!”

You do decide to enter the room, he gestures the others away from one of the tables and gestures for you to sit, sitting at the table as well.

“I am Gaham, son of Aziel and I come to express the good will, admiration and friendship of your peer the Great Bochica, First Chief of the Tribes and Uniter of a Hundred Peoples-” with a small smile and a small self-depreciating laugh he holds his hands out towards you as if to gesture you to wait and says “-and yes, I am sure you will find this strange, but these are strange times that we live in and your friend the First Chief knows that these are strange times and that you have seen many strange things in your long life and having seen such things, know that things are not always as they may appear at first glance and will seek only the truth, which may take some small explanation, if I may do so?”

You… you are talking to an envoy, a rather well dressed human envoy from… the “Great Bochica”… the king of the goblins, who conquered Hebronos, occupied Dibonith, marched off Bozrith(after they attacked the goblins) and is receiving tribute from Shilohara(after they attacked the goblins). A human envoy. A human envoy from… the goblins.

However you actually feel about this you hide your true feelings as you say, very well, I am listening, explain.

The man has not groveled at your feet or knelt or scraped before you as many foreigners do when they first meet you, instead he nods his head once and said “I thank you. Lets get the first thing out of the way. Yes, the First Chief is a goblin, though to use such a… base and course word is highly unfitting and improper. It would be like calling a... dough which has been thrown into an oven for but a moment bread, or saying that a roc, like a pigeon, is a bird. Technically might such words be true, technically…? Perhaps by only the slimmest margins, but hardly at all and it does not convey the true meaning which is what words are for! The First Chief is not human, but he is not a monster. He is a great man and a great leader who has lifted many from barbarism and civilized them. And yes, he did by force of arms take a city, though this is a thing many men have done and having done so he showed great restraint and beneficence to the conquered, adding them to our own people and not having abused them and he only did this set things to right and continue his war on the Bnaimokt. You have seen what has befallen the land Enkidel, the entire land is in disarray, what the First Chief has done has been has been to restore things to the order which the Prophet set forth.”

He gestures to you with one hand and says “And we have heard of you of course Enkidel, of you and your people, the men of Zepath, true heroes like from days of old who have clung to El’s laws and won many great victories in El’s name, each of which brings joy to the First Chief’s heart for your foes are El’s foes and thus they are also the foes of our people. And the First Chief knows that once few men knew of your people at all and falsely thought you to be primitives and barbarians, a misconception which some have for our own people. A people, like yours, who were once many people but united in common cause as one. And so the First Chief has sent me to express his good will, to discuss friendship between you and him and to ensure that our people do not quarrel. In all the land there is no ruler such as he, just as in all the land there is no dark skinned giant champion of El such as you, for appearances can at time be deceiving and the First Chief knows that it will take… time for your people to come to know that our people are not savages but united in our devotion to El, so more… overt signs of friendship will need to wait until your people come to understand ours better.”

You maintain a neutral expression as Gaham says all of this and eventually asks, what exactly are you proposing?

“I have come to negotiate a treaty, or at least to begin the negotiating of such, by which the First Chief and you declare that you and your peoples and servants shall not fight each other in the hopes of one day more openly fighting together against the demons. And as a sign of his affection for you and to aid you in your fight, he shall share with you secrets of the Bnaimokt which are not known to you which he knows shall be of great interest, for our people have fought the Bnaimokt for many years and know things of the Bnaimokt which others do not. The First Chief appreciates that you might wish to keep this from some of your own advisors at least for a time, and so I tried to come more quietly to keep a lower profile.”

[…]

There is no vote for now, you can speak with him and question him, normal rules apply. As of right now you are alone (besides Jael who is nearby and unnoticed by the humans) but if you wanted to bring anyone with you or fetch anyone you can, if so, who did you have in mind? After you have a chance to talk for a bit we will structure a proper vote, though if you want to weigh in on what you want to do now by all means, please do so! Rough ideas of what you are thinking are helpful!

[...]

For reference, if you want to remember what the Melachim you talk to regularly thought about the situation with the goblins was initially, before getting more information, here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=607#post537910278

A general polling of the Melachim who don’t get much screen time on what they thought of the goblins: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=608#post538031538

Here is what Jobe thought: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=609#post538203450

An analysis by some Melachim on if the goblins are magically mind controlling people: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=608#post538180290

Questioning a family the Melachim rescued from the goblins:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=608#post538180290

There may be other relevant information, we just linked some of the posts we thought some of you might want to look up. We thought some of you might go digging for them so we were just saving you the effort.

[…]

Discord Link if you want to join us to chat: https://discord.gg/w4az9EGt

The channel is CannibalKingofZepath.

If by the time you try the link it has expired, please message me for a new one, or post in the thread asking! Discord has them expire periodically for reasons beyond our control and indeed, beyond the understanding of mere mortal men.

[...]

Travic's Awesome Index: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=4080&perpage=40#post473373440

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 4, 2024

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

I just don't wanna catch him in bed with a goblin

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hmm.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
From an "ur cultural norms" point of view, how bad would it be to kidnap and mind-read this emissary?

Is this a blooded martial champion? Can we read his thoughts? Can we ascertain if he has been tampered with and if so how?

Is he carrying a sword? Do we know anything about it?

Do we get any sense of WRONGDOING from him?

Has this man broken the law, or the laws of man as we see them?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
This is insane.

But he is promising Lore and Answers.

I want to send Ashael or Esher to visit them and see what’s up.

I trust them enough to not murder/mind control them.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

How would the mighty men/ur cultural norms react if we made a treaty with goblins?

What if we conquered and subjugated them?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

So, does the First Chief worship El? Not just leave the temples unmolested and let men worship El, but give all the proper sacrifices himself? And he has not been smote for this?

El does not like unclean things worshipping him, but if there's been no active action to smite this First Chief...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog posted:

From an "ur cultural norms" point of view, how bad would it be to kidnap and mind-read this emissary?
From traditional Ur cultural norms it would be bad to kidnap him. Ur cultural norms dont really concieve of mind reading or not because it is not a thing people can really do?

TheCog posted:

Is this a blooded martial champion? Can we read his thoughts? Can we ascertain if he has been tampered with and if so how?
He is only a little Blooded, by the standards of your people he is not really Blooded. He does not seem to be a Martial Champion.

TheCog posted:

Is he carrying a sword? Do we know anything about it?
He is carrying a large knife on his belt but not a sword.

TheCog posted:

...give us a random number between 1 and 10,000 please.

TheCog posted:

...one more, thanks.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 4, 2024

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
What is the nature of the scaled-ones that we hear live in your cities? Are they Citizens, pets, or something in between?

How did a goblin come to worship THE LORD?

How are... racial relations, I suppose, in your cities? How do you keep such disparate peoples from in-fighting?

Do all your citizens worship El and only El, or does each race have their own deity?

Have your temples been in contact with the House of El in Baitel? (Are they legitimate? I mean, everyone says of course yes to this question, but I want to judge his response anyway)

Do you like cats?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Diogines posted:

...give us a random number between 1 and 10,000 please.

...one more, thanks.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog posted:

How would the mighty men/ur cultural norms react if we made a treaty with goblins?
Poorly. Everyone hates goblins.

TheCog posted:

What if we conquered and subjugated them?
It wouldn't be as bad as making a treaty with them but it is unlikely to be popular. Maybe you can sell your people on it? Keep in mind these goblins are not especially close, they are fairly far away.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Would you like to shake his hand at some point or otherwise try to innocuously get some physical contact to help?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Diogines posted:

Would you like to shake his hand at some point or otherwise try to innocuously get some physical contact to help?

Yes

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Diogines posted:

Yes

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

What is the nature of the scaled-ones that we hear live in your cities? Are they Citizens, pets, or something in between?

"They are one of the peoples which the First Chief has civilized. They are rather timid but hard workers."

How did a goblin come to worship THE LORD?

"Before the First Chief united many people's beneath his banner he knew the depravity of the Bnaimokt and opposed them and fought them and in fighting them recieved a miraculous sign from the Almighty. And so like the Prophet the First Chief learned how wrong the ways of his fathers were and turned from them, though of course not EXACTLY like the Prophet, there only ever and ever shall be one prophet, Labaras, I meant only that that the First Chief learned how truly wrong all he had known was. And I am well aware this is a grand claim to make and some may find it hard to believe, that it is something too strange-" he gestures towards the northwest with one hand "-but I only point my hand towards all the First Chief has accomplished as proof and ask is this not a time of sign and wonders and dare I say, miracles even as El has revealed himself to your own people? And from this revelation the First Chief enlightened all those peoples who he came across and rallied them to El's banner and now we are here to continue the fight."

How are... racial relations, I suppose, in your cities? How do you keep such disparate peoples from in-fighting?

"At times it is difficult, it is something I imagine you appreciate in bringing into your own people those from Armanum? But the First Chief is a wise man and so he has bound them together by those things which they share in common."

Do all your citizens worship El and only El, or does each race have their own deity?

"There is only one God in all the world, who made the heavens and the earth, El and all of our people know this. The sun rises and sets only as El has ordained."

Have your temples been in contact with the House of El in Baitel? (Are they legitimate? I mean, everyone says of course yes to this question, but I want to judge his response anyway)

"I do not believe we have had word back from Baitel yet, if that is what you mean? But it is a long journey."

"I suppose they are fine, why? I prefer dogs."

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

give me the biak lore man! out with it already!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nothingtoseehere posted:

So, does the First Chief worship El? Not just leave the temples unmolested and let men worship El, but give all the proper sacrifices himself? And he has not been smote for this?

"Yes, he is El's devoted servant and fervent in his worship. It is the First Chief's great and ardent desire that all men properly worship El and obey the sacred law. It is only be obedience and subservience to El can we hope to prevail to against the demons which envelop the land."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TheCog posted:

You shake his hand at some point during this discussion, physical contact helps with your Abilities.

You do not get a sense of WRONGDOING from him, though you may wish to keep in mind it has certain limitations, so does this mean he has not done any or you just can't tell?

As to breaking the Law, you can sense that this man has broken... mortal laws before? Important ones. Unless you spend more time or Nephesh on it you can't seem to sense more. Probably not something like cannibalism or profane worship though? Has he broken an important Contract or betrayed someone? Maybe?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Would you submit to investigations by our peoples to confirm that nothing profane is going on in your lands?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Would you submit to investigations by our peoples to confirm that nothing profane is going on in your lands?

"So long as you swear it is to determine that the things I have said are true and it is not done as a plot to gain advantage against our people, yes. As a pious man, the First Chief can trust you will not seek to deceive him, if you give your word. Though the men you send may not be well Blooded"

Why not anyone well Blooded?

"Because this is a delegation who surely comes in peace and we wish it to remain such. Surely your own people are ill at ease when Blooded foreigners walk among their homes?"

It... sounds like you already had an answer to this, before I asked?

"That is because I did. The First Chief appreciates that this is a strange time and our people may seem odd to you, it was considered you might ask for this and approved before I came, it is a reasonable request."

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I would like to loop Danal, Gareb, and Obel in on this. I figure they probably cover the spectrum of opinions for us to bounce off, while having the discretion to not blab no matter what happens? Although if we invite Gareb and end up going aggressively violent he probably hates us?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Does the First Chief used any sort of mental manipulation or emotion pacifying... method on the people?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Question
1. Can he swear on the altar of El on our temple that everything he says here is true?
2. Is there some proof they can provide that they know more about the bnaimokt than enkidel? Has the first chief been fighting them longer than enkidel?
3. Ask if anyone among his people got the El high five of an approved sacrifice like the manhood trials of us, danal and ruth?
4. Ask specifically if the first chief got the El sacrifice flames.
5. What is the first chief's biggest battle victory/demon or monster kill so far.
6. When did the first chief convert to El?

Polgas fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 4, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Does the First Chief used any sort of mental manipulation or emotion pacifying... method on the people?
He seems confused as he says...

"What do you mean? The First Chief has given wise counsel and commands to his people?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Diogines posted:

"What do you mean? The First Chief has given wise counsel and commands to his people?"
Oh I mean the free beer gathering thing, seem like some wise way to govern people, anything special with the drink and what not?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Oh I mean the free beer gathering thing, seem like some wise way to govern people and what not, anything special with the drink and what not?

He seems slightly confused as he says "The First Chief does at time provide drink to his people?"

The idea of supernaturally mind controlling people is a Really Weird Idea. If you want to ask that, ask that? Though it is pretty provocative so you'd probably need support.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Bring in Nabonassar to visit this guy, he's the regional expert and also the only non-Zepathan this smooth.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

You shake his hand at some point during this discussion, physical contact helps with your Abilities.

You do not get a sense of WRONGDOING from him, though you may wish to keep in mind it has certain limitations, so does this mean he has not done any or you just can't tell?

As to breaking the Law, you can sense that this man has broken... mortal laws before? Important ones. Unless you spend more time or Nephesh on it you can't seem to sense more. Probably not something like cannibalism or profane worship though? Has he broken an important Contract or betrayed someone? Maybe?

Dude's had fun with his goblin (or scale beast) mistress.

Vote:
Call me Enkidel.
Set aside euphemisms in my presence. State clearly your desires, for they seem sincere enough.
I had assumed Boddiciah Bochica was a female. My apologies.

Ask:
Would it be possible to meet, discretely, with a goblin diplomat?
If "goblin" is offensive, then what term would you have us use?
Could we witness a great offering by your First Chief, if such could be arranged?

Separate:
Been awhile, but...
Make a makeshift altar to El in the wilderness. Ask if Bochica's worship is acceptable. Is their worship profane? Can we receive a sign as to how to proceed?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

This man looks like a bearded Timothy Dalton ala Flash Gordon and as such I love him and am immediately and irrevocably on his side.

Anyway

Zodiac5000 posted:

I would like to loop Danal, Gareb, and Obel in on this. I figure they probably cover the spectrum of opinions for us to bounce off, while having the discretion to not blab no matter what happens?

+1 This seems like the right trio.

I think this has sort of been already answered but it wasn't clear to me, so:

Have you personally seen Bochica enter a temple of El and sacrifice to El on an ordained altar? What was the result, and what was the history of that temple and its ranking priest/whoever oversaw the sacrifice, to the best of your knowledge?

Try to sense whether he's lying.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Surely you must know my people will not agree to any treaties with goblins? Has the First Chief any ideas for how to approach his proposal without inciting the masses?

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Yah I don't trust these goblins at all. Either people won't go along with it, or El isn't going to be okay with it. We need to stay on El's good side, and that means not doing strange things like making alliances with goblins.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Domain: Natural Order - Have these people been altered in any way?

Domain: War - did any of these people contest the Goblin attack on the cities?

Diogines posted:

Has he broken an important Contract or betrayed someone? Maybe?

Domain: Law (Synergy - Domain: Contracts) - Have any of these people betrayed an oath of lotalty to their city/King/El?

Ask which part of Els, who we have to thank for everything–including our lives, gospel exhorts turning over his works to monsters? we must’ve missed that part

+1 to bringing our personal council in on this

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
Seems like something Jobe should be a part of. Probably Obel too

Also, I realize I am late with this but since we probably had occasion to do some blooded handshaking in yeledtov I am curious if anyone read as “Sippai”

Bob Tuskins fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 4, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Theglavwen posted:

This man looks like a bearded Timothy Dalton ala Flash Gordon and as such I love him and am immediately and irrevocably on his side.

Anyway

+1 This seems like the right trio.

I think this has sort of been already answered but it wasn't clear to me, so:

Have you personally seen Bochica enter a temple of El and sacrifice to El on an ordained altar? What was the result, and what was the history of that temple and its ranking priest/whoever oversaw the sacrifice, to the best of your knowledge?

Try to sense whether he's lying.

+1 to all this (including the Timothy Dalton comment)

Cat Wings posted:

Yah I don't trust these goblins at all. Either people won't go along with it, or El isn't going to be okay with it. We need to stay on El's good side, and that means not doing strange things like making alliances with goblins.

Hold up... let him cook sacrifice

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
We know many secrets. tell us what you have to offer so we may judge if you actually have new value to share

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

On the one hand, goblins.

On the other hand, he is kind of saying exactly what we want to hear. Sending the scouting delegation would, if nothing else, be a way to get some melachim on-site for extensive investigations in a way that doesn't arouse suspicion.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

And so like the Prophet the First Chief learned how wrong the ways of his fathers were and turned from them…

[…]

I only point my hand towards all the First Chief has accomplished as proof and ask is this not a time of sign and wonders and dare I say, miracles even as El has revealed himself to your own people

[…]

But the First Chief is a wise man…

Do you know what an apostate is?

Tell me true—with everything you have heard of me—what did you honestly expect my reaction to this would be?

Do you honestly think this is something Baitel would let stand, let alone give their blessing to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Zodiac5000 posted:

I would like to loop Danal, Gareb, and Obel in on this. I figure they probably cover the spectrum of opinions for us to bounce off, while having the discretion to not blab no matter what happens? Although if we invite Gareb and end up going aggressively violent he probably hates us?

+1, lets bring some actual advisors into play.