Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
F and broadly I think hostilities are inadvisable until we have more info. We can move into the melachim city in the meantime if the priest doesn't arrive instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can we do both F and a variant of C? I guess one than the other is better for stalling for time.

F
I suppose, sure? Nothing but the options which are obviously mutually exclusive, are mutually exclusive.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
F

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
A, for now, we've got too much on our plate. "Secrets of the bnaimokt" aren't a big reveal to us, and it doesn't sound like their offer has any more mystical elements.

I suspect that this guy is on the level, that what Big Gob is doing is mostly what it seems, the mind dulling helps to keep the towns from tearing each other apart, and so on. It isn't GREAT, but if their big melting pot stays Over There for now, and doesn't affect us, it's one less thing on the list.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Probably going to vote for no deal, after we talk to their priest

Ask Jobe about F

Is he able/willing to do it, would he/the Temple be able to detect mental manipulation, truthfulness of his claims and the like?

Ask Pubai- how much extra would any of the divination (on Gaham) options cost to include ‘hide the fact we’ve done so from any Tudiya-style returning home inspections’?

Ask Jael, [Melachim who is a temple scribe- the one who came to Damu with us], and Knowledge: Law - Am I allowed to do anything indirectly in regards to a Priest who gets sent? ie a simple detect law breaking with my abilities, truth check etc or does the absolutely off limits in every conceivable way rule still apply?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

What if there's a goblin/Muki equivalent of something like us? We've seen some poo poo. I don't think it's unlikely. I propose we exchange representatives on a quarterly basis and maintain the peace as long as our guy doesn't get spooked. Cold war style; verify, then trust. They hand over the Intel, and if it's good we can consider a formal keep-at-arms-length non-aggression agreement, maintain the diplomatic exchanges but otherwise leave each other alone. When Zepath is better settled we can make a visit and check up on this oddity.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

yea, im not believing the 'secrets' aren't things 1) we already know, 2) weaknesses/tactics which, although may have lead to their defeat, we know they would've adapted to or 3) not actually of much tactical use

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask Jobe about F

Is he able/willing to do it, would he/the Temple be able to detect mental manipulation, truthfulness of his claims and the like?

F is the goblins sending THEIR human high priest to talk with you, not you sending Jobe.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
F

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A

I don't think any more information will come from F, it'll just be "yes, they seem to worship El, yes we can sacrifice in peace, yes the sacrifices seem to be accepted".

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
L Agree to the goblin deal, no inspections necessary; that's how you get mind-washed commoners. Enkidel already made a deal with LAKE AGAM whatever it was, this is nothing. Down with the Bnaimokt, up with El.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A. Our people can live in peace so long as you follow El's laws and avoid destabilizing the region. But we aren't ready to make any formal agreement yet, even in secret.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
D+F

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
EAT THE GOBLIN SMOOCHER

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Blasphemaster posted:

What if there's a goblin/Muki equivalent of something like us? We've seen some poo poo. I don't think it's unlikely. I propose we exchange representatives on a quarterly basis and maintain the peace as long as our guy doesn't get spooked. Cold war style; verify, then trust. They hand over the Intel, and if it's good we can consider a formal keep-at-arms-length non-aggression agreement, maintain the diplomatic exchanges but otherwise leave each other alone. When Zepath is better settled we can make a visit and check up on this oddity.

K

I agree broadly with this view. We're too busy to go pick a fight with an unknown quantity of monsters right now. They are disinterested in a fight and not obviously wrong and in need of an immediate regime change operation (not any more than the average Donut tyrant). Have a secret agreement, discourage our guys from finding trouble there, revisiting our options in 50 years is good since I suspect it will take that time to stabilise things on the home front anyway. If we feel the need to do a Team Zepath, Ur Police on someone there are plenty of other assholes around that need a dose of Mercy.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting 1A.

I want to investigate further, but Gaham appears to be protected against Enkidel's manipulations. And their current priest might be corrupted or simply not sanctioned by Baitel.

If anything, we ought to discreetly investigate further. We're dealing with a seven foot tall goblin that claims to have received visions from El and is allying with humanity.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Diogines posted:

"I am afraid I have not measured him personally-" he gives a small laugh "-I believe he is a bit over seven feet tall?"

How tall do goblins normally get? 7ft sounds very large for a Goblin.

Voting A. Something weird is definitely going on, and there's no way to know for now how much of what they say is true and how much of it is them telling us what we want to hear.

I don't want to make deals with them when we don't know what's up, and I don't want to poke a potential hornets nest when we already have plenty on our plate.

Ignore them for as long as possible, revisit it when food is secure and Dor/Acco are established.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Turns out to be some blooded guy in a goblin suit who has tricked a bunch of monsters.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Watch it be someone who did a really long psyop manhood trial and just stuck with the ruse.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
A. KILL THEM ALL

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Theglavwen posted:

Turns out to be some blooded guy in a goblin suit who has tricked a bunch of monsters.

One of Enkidel's great-grandchildren painted green?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

F

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
F. This is the lynchpin: If their priest is kosher, this is an outside context issue for our melachim and gibborim.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
Until/Unless we get orders from on high or we get clear and decisive evidence one way or the other, stick to A.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

F is the goblins sending THEIR human high priest to talk with you, not you sending Jobe.

Yea- is he willing/able to receive him, and do all the things we ask/he’d deem necessary

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

alpaca diseases posted:

Yea- is he willing/able to receive him, and do all the things we ask/he’d deem necessary
Jobe says "If you want me to speak to them I will, of course."

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

D+F

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
A, as diplomatically as we can be--we have so, so much more on our plate right now we can't be setting up an entanglement this complex before we even have our food sorted out. I don't want to sign a binding agreement and find out they're being horrible on the downlow and be bound by it. I'd be happy with a NAPpy right now.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Voting F - with Jobe and Adoram (Temple Melachim) to deal with him

And also to recieve the delegation from Zarethan

The only brand of absolutely unhinged devotion to El allowed is Enkidels brand :colbert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

F :bandwagon:

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

L. They've petitioned The House of El in Baitel to have an official temple. Let The House of El make the decision for us. We wait to hear how they respond then revisit. This is effectively A until then.

By the way Diog, how long could we expect that decision to take?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

DCBomB posted:

L. They've petitioned The House of El in Baitel to have an official temple. Let The House of El make the decision for us. We wait to hear how they respond then revisit. This is effectively A until then.

By the way Diog, how long could we expect that decision to take?

I like this after the F if it's inconclusive.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

F

Gareb says according to the current deal if the info isn't worth it then we don't actually have a peace deal so I don't see why we shouldn't take the deal. As the premier demon/ monster fighting experts in our slice of Ur they must have something truly worth knowing if they think that's worth getting our attention.

They even sent a delegation to focus our attention on them if we didn't send scouts earlier. Their entire basis of a potential treaty is that they know something so useful we'd agree even if we wanted them dead.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

A

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
D+F

I wanted to vote D but saw f leading, I think they're not exclusive so if we get enough d+f let's goooo.

Blessed be El Goblins

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
DF

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
D - assuming the promise is to not send blooded men, not to only send unblooded men. I'd rather not make an oath to El to only send unblooded men and then send melachim.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

As a reminder, how long has Habaneros been in this new, goblin-tastic situation?

I get the feeling there's got to be some fuckery going on if the time frame is as short as I'm assuming. Like, no sane man of this culture could make even a passing comparison between Labaras and a non-human without visibly wincing, and yet here we are.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

UppaTree posted:

As a reminder, how long has Habaneros been in this new, goblin-tastic situation?

I get the feeling there's got to be some fuckery going on if the time frame is as short as I'm assuming. Like, no sane man of this culture could make even a passing comparison between Labaras and a non-human without visibly wincing, and yet here we are.

"A bit over a year before the Jubilee."

So almost two years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

UppaTree posted:

Labaras is like, the uber-example of abandoning the way of your fathers to do something new, isn't it? Is it so shocking that he would be the example used for doing something new?