Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:perfect: CIG hosed it up again, watch the citizens squirm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

His salary is not as high as you think.

What is it?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

HycoCam posted:

Timeline: Fuzzy Trial complete. Fuzzy Jailed. Fuzzy Released. Fuzzy Re-Arrested. 3.0 Release.

To be more accurate, I would see another trial and jail time before 3.0. At a minimum.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Samizdata posted:

To be more accurate, I would see another trial and jail time before 3.0. At a minimum.

As a Star Citizen (derp), he's not actually going to get traditional Jail time, he's going to be getting the much more fideliteous "refactored freedom" in which he'll still be able to participate in being free, but from the confines of a cell, which will totally be at least if not better than anything currently avalible to everyone who is not a pedo, anyone saying he's only going to get the mvp (minimum viable prison) is just being a dirty malcontent and naysayer. Bookmark the next 3 months!

:D

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
75 Metacritic. I told you guys this game was gonna suck. Back to the dream.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I remember PGabz was downloading this crap once more so I expected a cool space video real soon but seems like I got crobertsed.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

So, I remember PGabz was downloading this crap once more so I expected a cool space video real soon but seems like I got crobertsed.

He may still be downloading.

The patcher, it's not good. :D

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Is/was Derek right yet?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I miss the gently caress out of reading his posts. I lurked here for over a year before I joined. He was one of the best.

You Know who else was a good poster? Surface Detail, that guy put his balls on the line, faced up to Sandi's razor.

If only he was back and we could trust him and he was legit .... but alias, just another Goon gone to the great Stimpire in the sky.

At lest we still get the odd echo of Eonwe ghost walking thought internet pipes.

Botcha was fun too, good times.

Gonna tip one out for our lost Goonies, this is for them, join me in a .............. PAAAARRRRRRPP

:eonwe: :fuzzknot: :kayak:
:gary: :flaccid: :ughh:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

his nibs posted:

big nipples, big wife

Big idris, big lies

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

You Know who else was a good poster? Surface Detail, that guy put his balls on the line, faced up to Sandi's razor.

If only he was back and we could trust him and he was legit .... but alias, just another Goon gone to the great Stimpire in the sky.

At lest we still get the odd echo of Eonwe ghost walking thought internet pipes.

Gonna tip one out for our lost Goonies, this is for them, join me in a .............. PAAAARRRRRRPP

This entire thing is waiting for nothing to happen, so people aren't going to stick around forever. Especially the guy who has a gimmick of maximum effort posting elaborate summaries and analysis. You can't really just sit around doing that for years.

I'm sure when this shitshow collapses because the world's combined gross domestic product can't make enough terrible motion capture for Chris Robert's terrible movie ideas that we will have a thread reunion but right now we are at the part between acts of the inevitable documentary where they skip from Citcon 16 to "By the late summer of 2017....." and dick all is actually happening.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

As a Star Citizen (derp), he's not actually going to get traditional Jail time, he's going to be getting the much more fideliteous "refactored freedom" in which he'll still be able to participate in being free, but from the confines of a cell, which will totally be at least if not better than anything currently avalible to everyone who is not a pedo, anyone saying he's only going to get the mvp (minimum viable prison) is just being a dirty malcontent and naysayer. Bookmark the next 3 months!

:D

I am archiving this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
There should be a sale this Friday I think but considering CIG have pretty much bailed on the RSI forums I dunno if they've said anything about it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kosumo posted:

TrustmeImLegit is surface detail.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Sandweed posted:

TrustmeImLegit is surface detail.

There was literally no indication that this guy was aware of this fact when he made that post.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I'm glad focus has moved back on to the fact that Roberts & co are dodgy as gently caress and have a history.

There is absolutely no reason for the stupid amount of shell corporations to exist and anyone that doesn't see that as a warning sign is drowning in flavor-aid and is beyond help.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Kosumo posted:

And Something Jones, he was a great poster with his transcribing.

Lost some greats over the time.

SomethingJones took a serious hit for the team. I don't think he will ever be the same, after enduring hours and hours of CIG videos.

Stay safe video transcribing friend :ohdear:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

VealCutlet posted:

Interesting point. What so we think are the odds of the Fuzzy trial being completed before 3.0?

Pedo trials are pretty short in the grand scheme. I was on the jury to a seriously horrible UK trial in the early 2000's involving a pedo ring whoring their 5 kids out and that lasted 3.5 weeks in the court room and 2 weeks in jury deliberation. Deliberation involved verdicts on over 150 counts of various disgusting acts with 8 defendants.

If it's just him and one vic, it could be done in a couple of days.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Oh, there was also some groundwork exploration in the trial to set up the ringleader for multiple cases of infant murder, which he later got charged with.

e.

:nws: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY UPSET :nws:

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/09/21/george-evanssheila-minton-telford/

The ringleader committed suicide in prison shortly after being found guilty of murder

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 21, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
the hate boner for Fuzzy Modem is really loving boring

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

JugbandDude posted:

SomethingJones took a serious hit for the team. I don't think he will ever be the same, after enduring hours and hours of CIG videos.

Stay safe video transcribing friend :ohdear:

Staring too long into the abyss that is CIG tends to drain the humorous aspects from all but the most detached observers. There is almost too much here that is "funny" - nearly everything about CIG, quite literally, is hosed up. There's a couple of things they get right (some of the non-Archered art assets are nice, if derivative and uninspired) but the rest of it is like the world's most elaborate Andy Kaufman piece of performance art.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Can we keep loving depressing and weird poo poo to a minimum? This is the Star Citizen thread it should be a happy place full of laughs and the occasional idiot Chris Roberts fan.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think you guys get the whole fuzzy modem thing. He's a big Star citizen backer and he makes a lot of really dumb stuff about it. His worst crime is letting CR take his stuff and use it to advertise their scam.

He's a monster.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

His salary is not as high as you think.
I thought you weren't an insider?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Can we keep loving depressing and weird poo poo to a minimum? This is the Star Citizen thread it should be a happy place full of laughs and the occasional idiot Chris Roberts fan.

Cheer up guys. When Star Citizen implodes all our friends will be back. We're just keeping the seats warm/torch lit/metaphor of your choice

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

starkebn posted:

the hate boner for Fuzzy Modem is really loving boring

Don't worry, it'll liven up once the oval office is sitting in his pyjama's in front of the judge. :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

Staring too long into the abyss that is CIG tends to drain the humorous aspects from all but the most detached observers. There is almost too much here that is "funny" - nearly everything about CIG, quite literally, is hosed up. There's a couple of things they get right (some of the non-Archered art assets are nice, if derivative and uninspired) but the rest of it is like the world's most elaborate Andy Kaufman piece of performance art.

Back when I "translated" 104TC I quickly realized that Chris was basically saying the same thing over and over again.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Back when I "translated" 104TC I quickly realized that Chris was basically saying the same thing over and over again.

lol I'll never forget how quickly reddit turned on you after the slow realization that you were joking but also kind of serious.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/X1sbvCh.gifv

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Xaerael posted:

Oh, there was also some groundwork exploration in the trial to set up the ringleader for multiple cases of infant murder, which he later got charged with.

e.

:nws: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY UPSET :nws:

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/09/21/george-evanssheila-minton-telford/

The ringleader committed suicide in prison shortly after being found guilty of murder

quote:

The offences are so appalling that they are likely to be outside the comprehension of ordinary people.

Whoa. I imagine we'll hear something like that at Chris's trial.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This is a good squirrel

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/844013843948814336

:psypop:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

lol I'll never forget how quickly reddit turned on you after the slow realization that you were joking but also kind of serious.

The best part is that when I quit doing it a bunch of folks asked what happened because those translations were the only thing people were reading.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Clearly this is time well spent and backers should be happy to know how their dollars are being used.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You mean saying "Yes" in a round-a-bout way every time?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/844015343253176320

I'd like to say that the fact he thinks working on a scam is an honor. But the fact is, his life is such a pathetic waste that it probably is.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The best part is that when I quit doing it a bunch of folks asked what happened because those translations were the only thing people were reading.

Yeah, after all the missed deadlines (and BS) I had the realization that it was all fake (and got my refund). Your translations were just comedy (I cannot watch anything Chris puts out now).

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/841523956251205632

It's like: "I see what you did there. And also up there."

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 21, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 21, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beet Wagon posted:

I went looking for some of this. The Missing 104TC Translations!

quote:

Q9. How many loving nerds can we expect in a single space?
A9. We'll be lucky to between 50 and 100 spergs in a single instance. Currently the social module can handle 25. AC can handle 16. If you expect more than 100 then check your meds.
LOL, Good stuff beer.

quote:

Q4. Will there be interior damage?
A4. Jesus gently caress did you miss the part where I talked about this game is so detailed that your clothes will get messy and you will have to go to Space Hot Topic to get a new shirt? Yes there will be loving interior damage.
:vince:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 21, 2017

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Honoring the thread posters that got burnt out from following this train wreck is a beautiful thing and should not be considered sad or depressing.

Like Beet said, we are just keeping the flame alive. When Ragnarok comes, we will all rejoice in the all consuming fire and destruction.

Fake edit: for clarity, I'm not expecting court cases or commando kicking space doors, just a meager MVP and many salty threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

If (and of course a big IF) they can poo poo out a MVP then I think this dumpster fire can keep burning for a long time.

They'll hand wave off the mechanics such as golf swings and other promised missing features as merely placeholders...to be replaced by more fidelitious ones in the near future.