Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
So with Trickster Mode now being relevant, anyone else think about other easter eggs like Dark Cage being important?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Sprite141 posted:

:psyduck:

Well this is something I've never heard of. So apparently skipper plumbthroat isn't English or Bec.

How much you want to bet it's Dualscar? He's dead for a reason. :tinfoil:

Caliborn is debatably not Lord English. (I mean he is, but there could be a subtle semantic reason, or unifying Caliborn and Lord English may have been a more recent idea)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Maybe Lord English is what happens when Caliborn gets ahold of the combined Juju, hence his coruscating rainbow eyes.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Allarion posted:

So with Trickster Mode now being relevant, anyone else think about other easter eggs like Dark Cage being important?

I'm holding out for the theory that Cage is the villain higher than LE that Tavros speculated might exist.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dark Cage is the space counterpart to the Nick of Time, and they were both introduced into the comic as a metaphor for the relationship between Caliborn and Calliope.

The hints have been there for years.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Allarion posted:

Female John. There is going to be Female John, and the tumblr community will realize they had their trans character the whole time.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sprite141 posted:

:psyduck:

Well this is something I've never heard of. So apparently skipper plumbthroat isn't English or Bec.

How much you want to bet it's Dualscar? He's dead for a reason. :tinfoil:

I could've sworn that the Alterniabound notes directly drew a comparison between Skipper Plumbthroat and Eridan. I'm away from my desktop which would have the notes, but at the least, you've got the direct similarity between Eridan's Theme from Alterniabound (http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/eridans-theme) and Catchyegrabber (http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/catchyegrabber-skipper-plumbthroats-song).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So, I'm a bit embarrassed that I've only just realized that the Trickster Mode song is based on Showtime.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

graybook posted:

I could've sworn that the Alterniabound notes directly drew a comparison between Skipper Plumbthroat and Eridan.

quote:

The only thing I’d like to note is the middle section remixing Alexander Rosetti’s Catchyegrabber. Eridan basically IS Skipper Plumbthroat. I mean, I’m not the voice of Eridan... and it’s a bit of a parallel... but... you know all those people you saw in the flash animation? They were ONLY in the opening sequence. They left after the theme song because they realized Plumbthroat was about as bright as a lump of seaweed. He doesn’t have any friends. Even the Squiddles refuse to love him. He is one drat lonely man.

It is Radiation's headcanon, but since he is basically emergency backup Hussie it may as well be true.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I can't really buy the Skipper Plumbthroat = Eridan thing considering that we've seen (multiple instances of) Eridan chilling out in dreambubbles since he died. Some people thought he'd be the one who would manage to kill a bunch of horrorterrors, but that is almost definitely Lord English.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Caliborn is also as bright as a lump of seaweed and has no friends, so he fits just as well.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
What? Why Eridan?
Look, Dualscar is basically Eridan but worse. Eridan is, I think, at least starting to realise what a poo poo head he is in the afterlife. Granted I can't remember off my head where I heard that. But from what we've seen of prescratch Dualscar, he is basically reveling in his horribleness. I'd assume the post scratch version is just as bad?

The reason I brought up Dualscar is due to Hussie's email he sent about keeping Dualscar dead as he's dead for a reason. Does anyone have that image?

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
This one?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
But I'm pretty sure that e-mail was faked?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Sprite141 posted:

I'd assume the post scratch version is just as bad?

He's implied to be a rapist and at least is fully willing to harass those unable to defend themselves, so yes?

e: mixed up pre- and post- when reading post initially. What I get for phoneposting during a lull in a shoot, I guess. :negative:

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 10, 2013

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

He's implied to be a rapist and at least is fully willing to harass those unable to defend themselves, so yes?

Mindfang is stated to be a rapist; Vriska throws Tavros off a cliff. Twice.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Freudian posted:

Mindfang is stated to be a rapist; Vriska throws Tavros off a cliff. Twice.

And yet, as long as an Aquarius troll is around, Serkets somehow manage to not be the most atrocious people in the room. The Amporas just ain't got that panache that would move them from "horrible" to "entertainingly horrible".

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eridan totally does, but he labors under the fact that a lot of the beta trolls are secondary characters at best. He's got loads of panache, though.

Considering how many people are hating on Jake lately, he's probably the least detested Hope player in the story. :v:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Eridan totally does, but he labors under the fact that a lot of the beta trolls are secondary characters at best. He's got loads of panache, though.

Considering how many people are hating on Jake lately, he's probably the least detested Hope player in the story. :v:

In fairness to Eridan he's got the dire misfortune of being associated with Cronus. I'd still swap him in a second for Gamzee though. Dude is still a contender for funniest bit player in the comic.

I would say that hating Jake is pretty extreme, given that his crimes are pretty much just "being a complete schlemiel."

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 10, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Seoinin posted:

In fairness to Eridan he's got the dire misfortune of being associated with Cronus. I'd still swap him in a second for Gamzee though. Dude is still a contender for funniest bit player in the comic.

I would say that hating Jake is pretty extreme, given that his crimes are pretty much just "being a complete schlemiel."

Jake is responsible for the Act 6 Shippocalypse and will forever bear that burden.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

YggiDee posted:

But I'm pretty sure that e-mail was faked?

Yep. MSPA Forums Admin NotASenator faked it a while back as a joke. And also, because he knew that the fanbase will seize on absolutely any dumb thing without the faintest hint of skepticism.

See also: sburb.exe

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oxxidation posted:

Jake is responsible for the Act 6 Shippocalypse and will forever bear that burden.

When I first read this post, I thought it said "shitpocolypse" and thought "Alright, we get it. Jeez. :rolleye:" Then I realized that it was completely accurate. :haw:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
WHAT THE gently caress.

Also, one more intermission and then its endgame.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Luminous Obscurity posted:

WHAT THE gently caress.

So, there's the incredible power of the juju, then. God drat.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

It's too early for the Act to close. This is all going to be a big PSYCHE! :colbert:

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

:stare: God drat. I guess this really is the glitch that'll defeat LE.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hahahaha, I was going to jokingly reply to Oxxidation's post about Act 6 becoming bloated with END OF ACT 6 ACT 5.

Jokingly. :stare:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Did we just see some lilies grow in the dead land under all that zillion?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
So Crocker is Homestuck's The Mask?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Bell_ posted:

Did we just see some lilies grow in the dead land under all that zillion?

Maybe she somehow accessed a weaponized version of the lifey thing?

Castomira posted:

Female John. There is going to be Female John, and the tumblr community will realize they had their trans character the whole time.

are you sure that wasn't just hinting at Jane

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 10, 2013

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

brainSnakes posted:

Put some red circles on The Mask's cheeks and that's Caliborn in a yellow zoot suit. Kinda makes sense in a way just how wacky that lolipop has turned Jane.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Caliborn willingly allowed them to have this power.

That's concerning.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

brainSnakes posted:

I guess it's appropriate that when Caliborn traced over Jake's background photo, he replaced Jake's mask with a pumpkin, like the one Trickster Jake wears on his head.

Iny fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 10, 2013

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax

Regy Rusty posted:

That's concerning.

apparently lil' cal puts the power of his former juju to shame

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

KaosMachina posted:

are you sure that wasn't just hinting at Jane

That was hinting at what happens when Andrew cedes the slightest amount of easter egg authourity to Gankro and the art team.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Hahahaha, I was going to jokingly reply to Oxxidation's post about Act 6 becoming bloated with END OF ACT 6 ACT 5.

Jokingly. :stare:

I give up. Do whatever, Hussie. I will stick with you to the end.

And should you disappoint me, let my futile rage be my instrument.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I got the impression it sort of turbocharged her life powers? If that's true I'm not sure I want to know what would happen if Roxy got ahold of it, and I can't even begin to comprehend how Jake or Dirk's would work.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

piemanmoo posted:

apparently lil' cal puts the power of his former juju to shame
Given that this seems to require collaboration by the juju owners, I wouldn't be surprised if Caliborn doesn't even know what happens when you combine the two.

e. On the other hand, he can see what happens on his monitor tower. So I guess Cal is totally a flat upgrade.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 10, 2013

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
You can hate on the Alpha kids all you like, but this along with merged troll sprites have been hilarious, enjoyable moments.

We'll get our Beta kids soon enough and that will be awesome but I'm just so happy about all the crazy going on right now

also gamzee getting trickster wave'd into the stratosphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jollybright indeed. I wonder if this ever wears off.

All right, I am ready for go time.

Regy Rusty posted:

That's concerning.

Caliborn didn't even know what his does, nevermind both of them together.