Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Can I get a link to the Nazi thing ? Looking for anything on the forums on a tablet sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My hot take is that out of everyone Nazis hate, they hate themselves the most

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my hot take is there's a lot of lonely and disaffected people in america and actually all over the world, and many of them just want to belong, and some of them find a place to belong by being racist bigoted assholes who are a-OK with mass murder and genocide

and that we're not gonna have a world without those kinds of groups unless in addition to many other things, we figure out how to live as a modern society in a way that doesn't tend to alienate a significant minority of people and make them feel left out and dismissed and hopeless

but in the meantime until we invent some kind of new society where everyone feels fulfilled and stuff, we probably just have to relentlessly attack bigotry and ignorance and hatred using whatever means prove to be most effective

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Alaois posted:

kensou must die for the crime of being a fuckboy

been trying to think of a comeback all afternoon and the best I could manage is that when he was replaced by Bao no one cared

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Leperflesh posted:

my hot take is there's a lot of lonely and disaffected people in america and actually all over the world, and many of them just want to belong, and some of them find a place to belong by being racist bigoted assholes who are a-OK with mass murder and genocide

and that we're not gonna have a world without those kinds of groups unless in addition to many other things, we figure out how to live as a modern society in a way that doesn't tend to alienate a significant minority of people and make them feel left out and dismissed and hopeless

but in the meantime until we invent some kind of new society where everyone feels fulfilled and stuff, we probably just have to relentlessly attack bigotry and ignorance and hatred using whatever means prove to be most effective

Agreed but even barring a new society our current one can do a significantly better job giving people semi meaningful work and decent pay.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Leperflesh posted:

Wow straight from Mein Kamf

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Agreed but even barring a new society our current one can do a significantly better job giving people semi meaningful work and decent pay.

Oh poo poo yes, and proper publicly funded mental health programs, and affordable housing, and improved working conditions, and maybe even a political system that isn't transparently corrupt. Maybe after that we could de-fuckify the school textbook industry, pay teachers properly, and ensure people living in poor areas have access to affordable healthy food. And after that, we could get equal wages for women, end the horrifyingly racist and unjust biases in the criminal justice system, stop the war on drugs, put a stop to the financial usury that prays on the poorest people, and break up the credit rating monopoly.

Just off the top of my head.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The only Nazi I know of that we can blame mental illness on is Tila Tequilla who had a stroke and went crazy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

its been an honor and a privilege gentlemen

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/916084837299126272

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

God just use the 25th amendment already

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we talk about how e-sports are the worst development in the history of the human experience?

Dota commentators own and I celebrate our goon brothers who made it.

Spoeank posted:

I left the land of the niners.

They're all raiders rams and seahawks

loving disgusting subhuman filth

I'll miss you guys when they throw me into the slant eye camp

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

No Butt Stuff posted:

God just use the 25th amendment already

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's like 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% we're gonna declare war on iran now if they dont fill some insane list of demands huh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's a shame that Trump has literally never overhyped something utterly inconsequential before otherwise I'd have hope that this wasn't a big deal.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the tweet doesn't mention that he was talking about the rumbling in his stomach before he took a giant DUMP in his fuckin DIAPER

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

so I guess, what, we just drive troops over the border from afghanistan? Make bombing runs from israel? I wonder if israel can talk him out of it

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

axeil posted:

I just started playing Diablo II: Eastern Sun and god drat is it fun. I'm a bit worried about how enjoyable it is.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3797978

Is there anything that makes the game upscale go a reasonable resolution?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I tried playing Eastern Sun once and it just felt like the overarching design philosophy was MORE MORE PUT IN MORE MORE NUMBERS MORE ITEMS MORE SPELLS MORE MORE MORE and that's cool i guess but i don't know if it actually made Diablo 2 more fun

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Path of exile felt like a natural successor to Eastern Sun

Has a bunch of the bad diablo stuff, but well, free's free

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Path of exile felt like a natural successor to Eastern Sun

Has a bunch of the bad diablo stuff, but well, free's free

Path of Exile felt like someone who played a lot of Diablo saw the Final Fantasy X sphere grid and then went on a 4 day meth bender

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Maybe Trump is going to scale down the military and put all the money into infrastructure, social services, and education?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Maybe Trump is going to scale down the military and put all the money into infrastructure, social services, and education?

Lol he could ask for that (he won't) but congress isn't doing it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shangri-Law School posted:

Kazuo Ishiguro is a Nobel Prize winner. :3:

The Buried Giant went over my head or something. It's message on marriage, memory, and mortality seemed a little on the nose yet inspecific. Like the whole narrative existed to highlight the effect these themes have on each other without saying anything meaningful about that interaction. It just didn't resonate at all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All these people lying down with Nazis getting exposed today is pretty beautiful.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

All these people lying down with Nazis getting exposed today is pretty beautiful.

Explain. I missed this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Explain. I missed this

Milo & Bannon's emails got hacked and a bunch of mainstreamers got caught going "oh go after this person now lol"
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.wqn166oLxP#.fx07jjKe81

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edit nevermind. The forums are acting up again

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seems like he was stroking nazis for some access to their audience and then attacked people some rich dudes wanted attacked.

Pretty much as expected for most new media websites.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/spankyevans1/status/914968129570316288

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

holy poo poo

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
why

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spoeank posted:

Milo & Bannon's emails got hacked and a bunch of mainstreamers got caught going "oh go after this person now lol"
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.wqn166oLxP#.fx07jjKe81

Good loving god.

I hope to see all the named people feeding him stories to be poo poo canned shortly. Helping loving Nazis, despicable. I would actually prefer Buzzfeed release every email tip sent to Milo. Let me see every one of those assholes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I'm going to need an explainer or something.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Uhhhhhh... is this an episode of Atlanta or something?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

Uhhhhhh... is this an episode of Atlanta or something?

Darius ain't that crazy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My friend is a go go dancer at a gay bar in Seattle. It's a Thursday night, he's been dancing for maybe 15 minutes and I've seen him make $50+

Yeah friend, get that money

E: a lot of Sia and Minaj

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/916177522399645697

uuuuuuuuuuuck lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brock would take care of him p easy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

I can't figure out if this is a clever self depreciating joke or the worst explanation ever:

quote:

It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.

He added that during his karaoke performance, his "severe myopia" made it impossible for him to see the Hitler salutes a few feet away.

the dictionary posted:

myopia
1. Ophthalmology. a condition of the eye in which parallel rays are focused in front of the retina, objects being seen distinctly only when near to the eye; nearsightedness (opposed to hyperopia).
2. lack of foresight or discernment; obtuseness.
3. narrow-mindedness; intolerance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/mattmittenthal/status/916038497529663488

I mean, how else do you have a password with both upper and lowercase letters, and numbers,and have it be memorable enough you don't have to write it down.

• Locked thread