Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol americans gonna lie down and die like a dog :sad:

just the redhats which is fine. their lives are completely worthless and meaningless anyway. might as well be the same in death as in life.

ed balls has personally given over fifty redhats cancer of the dilz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

I began reading All the President's Men. A few thoughts after getting about 1/6ths through the book so far:

1. Lol imagine what governments got away with before journalism became a serious thing

i wonder if watergate was where "the liberal media" started. all the newspaper business i'm aware of before then was very much about gently caress the poor the robber barons are the real heroes. I guess poo poo like The Jungle was as close to class-based investigative journalism as we got before those two idiots at the post.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

This is not how it works! Abortion isn't going away, the civil rights act is not being reversed, gay marriage is a thing and in 20 years we'll be the old bigots arguing you can't marry your sexbot.

Yes, Trump and the court can do a lot of damage. But we aren't going back to the 1500s, till we get our time machine.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
death is certain

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

BUSH 2112 posted:

just the redhats which is fine. their lives are completely worthless and meaningless anyway. might as well be the same in death as in life.

ed balls has personally given over fifty redhats cancer of the dilz

yes everybody who lives in a red state voted trump thats how it works thanks donnie

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

logikv9 posted:

death is certain

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
poo poo i just ran some numbers and I don't think bernie has a chance of winning anymore

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

logikv9 posted:

death is certain

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Nah, he's going to name a nominee and the Senate is going to confirm them and the judge will serve for decades. That is how it is "supposed to" work because it is a dumb system.

well he's supposed to nominate the best person for the job and not sessions

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my cspam prez platform will include giving avs to all good postin regulars and month-long probations for all avless bad posters every time they post bad

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
red States brought this upon themselves, like how in Kansas they voted in a dude who is like actually killing the state for no reason other than Koch cash

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hope yall are ready for scotus justice jeff sessions

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

my cspam prez platform will include giving avs to all good postin regulars and month-long probations for all avless bad posters every time they post bad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ScrubLeague posted:

i wonder if watergate was where "the liberal media" started. all the newspaper business i'm aware of before then was very much about gently caress the poor the robber barons are the real heroes. I guess poo poo like The Jungle was as close to class-based investigative journalism as we got before those two idiots at the post.

Woodward & Bernstein legit deserve to go down in human history for what they accomplished and the sea change it brought about

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
I just woke up from a dream where people finally got fed up and had a general strike and things actually mattered then I woke I up lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't believe how excited I am about the Zuck! campaign!

Go full cuck for ZUCK!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

ScrubLeague posted:

Ed Murrow was uh not popular with the right.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

death is certain

and expensive!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Ed Murrow was uh not popular with the right.

oh sure right

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

what im saying is that mysterious stranger would be posting 1/month

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yes everybody who lives in a red state voted trump thats how it works thanks donnie

god'll sort 'em out :clint:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

His Purple Majesty posted:

I just woke up from a dream where people finally got fed up and had a general strike and things actually mattered then I woke I up lol

Mulholland Dr remake not looking so hot

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Jazerus posted:

oh you're one of those folks in the mold of silentd and migf who unironically talk about "flyover"

I don't know what that means. But you all are freaking out over poo poo that is not going happen and thinking that electing people from the party over highly paid social climbers is going to fix things for people. It's highly comedic.

Trump is not Hitler, Democrats won't save the working class. You should still vote. But the solutions to the problems we face are not in electoral politics. How much spare time do you donate outside of work and make post? How much of your income do you donate? How involved in your locality are you? Because that's the fix, screaming that "Trump is Hitler, but these upper class sociopaths from the same zip codes that destroyed the country will save us because social justice" is lunacy.

I vote every election and on every issue. From parks to libraries to public schools. I usually vote to raise my taxes. I'm a member of the VFW, ACLU, and NRA. I donate 20 hours a month to the DC public schools system as part of a vets for troubled kids in problem areas program, kids that don't have a dad.

I just don't buy the bullshit you are sold because I interact with the people you expect to change poo poo on a daily basis. Here's the truth, there are two clubs, 99% of us ain't in one, 80% of us ain't in the other. Go make a difference outside of that, but keep voting. Just realize you're voting for "hung or shot" unless you did something other than voting.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

(circle o life) gopailures allow it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yinlock posted:

i may have called the kkk instead of bernie sanders though

bernie sanders took my baby away, he took her away, away from me-e~

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Yinlock posted:

well he's supposed to nominate the best person for the job and not sessions

issuing his dissents from jail

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/SegaTape/status/878744770063077376

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/879000887171088385

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

I don't know what that means. But you all are freaking out over poo poo that is not going happen and thinking that electing people from the party over highly paid social climbers is going to fix things for people. It's highly comedic.

Trump is not Hitler, Democrats won't save the working class. You should still vote. But the solutions to the problems we face are not in electoral politics. How much spare time do you donate outside of work and make post? How much of your income do you donate? How involved in your locality are you? Because that's the fix, screaming that "Trump is Hitler, but these upper class sociopaths from the same zip codes that destroyed the country will save us because social justice" is lunacy.

I vote every election and on every issue. From parks to libraries to public schools. I usually vote to raise my taxes. I'm a member of the VFW, ACLU, and NRA. I donate 20 hours a month to the DC public schools system as part of a vets for troubled kids in problem areas program, kids that don't have a dad.

I just don't buy the bullshit you are sold because I interact with the people you expect to change poo poo on a daily basis. Here's the truth, there are two clubs, 99% of us ain't in one, 80% of us ain't in the other. Go make a difference outside of that, but keep voting. Just realize you're voting for "hung or shot" unless you did something other than voting.

Whao whos that mysterious stranger... :ninja:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

but brugofil would have an av, a public assistance av to provide for his postin welfare

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Mulholland Dr remake not looking so hot

a tiny hillary and a tiny bernie run out of a blue box just in the corner of your field of vision

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

nice meltdown

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

*suck zoneishly* I won't vote to send a message to the Dems and that message will get through to them once I get randomly chosen for a poll and I can rant to the pollster

this is an actual argument btw

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

There are a lot of elections between now and then, and it's hard to take poo poo away after you give it to people. This isn't the crisis you think.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sir this is a Baskin Robens and we don't have that flavor

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bernie owns he makes some dumb people angry and other dumb people overly protective

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Mysterious Meltdown~

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i will offer free medical care to goons who need it, covering everything from Band-Aids to also more Band-Aids. Also bring your own Band-Aids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Mariana Horchata posted:

Whao whos that mysterious stranger... :ninja:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Stranger

Mark Twain actually, or Satan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpaRouocBes

• Locked thread