Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's me in the back there, Poison from Final Fight.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Is there any mod which just lets me fit more inventory items onto the screen at once so I don't need to scroll as much? I am using MTUI if that matters but can't seem to find a mod to let me fit more of the inventory on the screen at once?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 19, 2024

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Vanilla UI Plus is pretty popular these days, Viva New Vegas covers it.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Vanilla UI Extension is a further mod on top of VUI+ that'll get even more items on there for you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just tried to download Viva New Vegas using Wabbajack, and it seemed to be going well but I suddenly got an “Error during install” screen. It seems to have successfully downloaded every mod except one. Is there a way to fix this, Ideally without having to redownload all those mods?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Try it again, it's smart enough to just pull down what it didn't download the first time.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Format your hard drive and reinstall Windows.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Try it again, it's smart enough to just pull down what it didn't download the first time.

Ah, thank you. I was hoping that would be the case but I couldn’t find anything about it in the FAQ.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is there a vnv equivalent for TTW? The main wabbajack lists also stuff your loader to the gills with extra stuff which means you don’t have any space to add your own

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Is there a vnv equivalent for TTW? The main wabbajack lists also stuff your loader to the gills with extra stuff which means you don’t have any space to add your own

https://thebestoftimes.moddinglinked.com/intro.html

for additional mods:
https://wastelandsurvivalguide.com/docs/intro

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

FrancisFukyomama posted:

The mod limit is a thing of the past. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
I've been having a hell of a time getting TTW to work but I think I finally have everything how I like, in a (somewhat) stable state. I was getting regular CTD's because apparently the latest version of JIP is broken so I had to go to the xNVSE discord and download a beta version from there... Modding is wild, folks

Anyway I'm now 20 hours or so into Fallout 3 and it's been cool revisiting this game I haven't played since 2009 with modern UI and features. Looking forward to getting to the actual New Vegas part tho lol

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Installed TTW using the begin again wabbajack list and made a beeline to dc so I could get right to playing FNV. Found a LMG on a super mutant even though I’m still lvl5. Is this intentional? Since I remember the TTW super mutants being notoriously wonky in terms of leveling and gear but that was also quite a while ago

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

In the Fallout 3 documentary, a Bethesda dev mentions that one of the great things about making a gun-centric game is that you don't have to worry as much about the player getting their hands on an overpowered weapon too early on. Let them have their fun, they'll run out of ammo soon enough.

e: this is to say I have no idea if it's intentional, but it should be fine. What's the weight-to-value ratio?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

quote is not edit

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

In the Fallout 3 documentary, a Bethesda dev mentions that one of the great things about making a gun-centric game is that you don't have to worry as much about the player getting their hands on an overpowered weapon too early on. Let them have their fun, they'll run out of ammo soon enough.

e: this is to say I have no idea if it's intentional, but it should be fine. What's the weight-to-value ratio?

And then they added durability as well, which means your powerful guns that come in a broken-down state aren't actually as powerful as you'd expect.

When I get back to my NV run I should look if there's a tweak to ignore durability. Or maybe just console in a bunch of repair kits I guess.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
You can almost certainly just tweak weapons to have a million durability points or something. Bethesda did that by accident with one of the Fallout 3 DLC armours

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

ThaumPenguin posted:

~

player.additem xxxxxxxx 100000000

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://x.com/BNBaku2/status/1793433054054412567

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Serperoth posted:

And then they added durability as well, which means your powerful guns that come in a broken-down state aren't actually as powerful as you'd expect.

When I get back to my NV run I should look if there's a tweak to ignore durability. Or maybe just console in a bunch of repair kits I guess.

You can take the jury-rigging perk and use offbrand parts to repair your gear, or just repair kits

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

If anyone wants to know what's happening, in vanilla FO3/NV, the Fat Man has no jamming animation at all, meaning the durability of it doesn't actually matter unless it's just broken. When doing new jamming animations for weapons, the modder (I think it's Hitman) made a "jam" animation where instead it misfires in a way that's guaranteed to kill the player.
The ammo check mod was made by the same dude, and while he made a bunch of new animations for it, the mod will sometimes use jam animations if it doesn't have a custom made one made for it yet.
The Fat Man will never have a custom made animation, apparently.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 26, 2024

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Good, everything that happened in that video was perfect.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

RoastBeef posted:

~

player.additem xxxxxxxx 100000000

It's generally considered a bad idea to balance your game around the assumption that the player will cheat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's generally considered a bad idea to balance your game around the assumption that the player will cheat

tbh this depends on the cheating. For example, %chance speech checks in Fallout 3 (which can easily be savescummed) versus the set threshold checks in New Vegas.