Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

"all children are either cis or temporarily-embarrassing-to-me (and still cis)"
— someone who wants to gently caress liberty

e: *libertophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I thought the Statue of Liberty was well over eighteen years old though

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Clarste posted:

Just mentally find-replace "child" with "slave."

Yeah, they fundamentally do not conceive of their children as independent persons. To them, children are just property, a mini-me that they feel is obliged to present and behave the way they expect it to.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, they fundamentally do not conceive of their children as independent persons. To them, children are just property, a mini-me that they feel is obliged to present and behave the way they expect it to.

Well, that too, but I meant more specifically that back in the day the slave states used to call a slave's desire to escape a "mental illness" and curse the North for allowing slaves to run up there and not sending them back as property. It just felt like an oddly precise parallel to their kids going to other states for gender-affirming care.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bleak lol at the concept of drapetomania.

Scientific racism is/was a hell of a thing.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Buhhhht don't libertarians think a business should be able to run things without government regulation? Even if this bullshit is true (seems simple to debunk here) isn't it their prerogative regardless?
https://twitter.com/emmitt8x/status/1658174923469119502?t=Zsu2IAaOB5Ez5Syb5ZGx4w&s=19

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lol pure grift.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
God it's so easy.
Why do I have a real job?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
In her hio her real job is a "Neuromuscular therapist" which is a fancy word for someone who performs a particular type of massage on people. This grift is likely just a side hustle.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Panfilo posted:

In her hio her real job is a "Neuromuscular therapist" which is a fancy word for someone who performs a particular type of massage on people. This grift is likely just a side hustle.
Sounds like her main hustle is also a grift! Libertarians sure love woo medical treatments for people who fancy themselves as logical.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So is the venn diagram of chiropractors and libertarians just a solid circle or what

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Panfilo posted:

So is the venn diagram of chiropractors and libertarians just a solid circle or what

I have met some green chiropractors as well.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

socialsecurity posted:

I have met some green chiropractors as well.

These days a lot of the green quacks go hard into Q poo poo so I'm sure they aren't great either

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Green/crystal/astrological woo has completely merged with Q poo poo. It was always going to happen, because they are all anti-scientific and love to validate their pre-existing beliefs even if it means deluding themselves, but the COVID vaccine stuff really sealed the deal. Hippies were the OG anti-vaxxers, after all.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

cat botherer posted:

Green/crystal/astrological woo has completely merged with Q poo poo. It was always going to happen, because they are all anti-scientific and love to validate their pre-existing beliefs even if it means deluding themselves, but the COVID vaccine stuff really sealed the deal. Hippies were the OG anti-vaxxers, after all.
Yeah I remember not that long ago how, if Republicans were the party of creationists and global warming denial (and obviously still are), Democrats were accused of harboring suburban anti-vaxxers.

Then the pandemic threatened to make Donald J. Trump look like a lovely leader to voters who otherwise assume "Republican in office = good for economy and/or safety." Numerous Republican talking-heads began mouthing anti-vaxx talking points in response.

See also: how Republicans went from touting Bill Gates as a capitalist success story to denouncing him as a leftist evildoer after he mildly criticized Trump on Covid.

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 18, 2023

Caros
May 14, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Let me tell you a tale of a man and his decision to spend thousands of dollars on unnecessary dental work to get the mercury out of his teeth (and into his bloodstream)

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Enver Zogha posted:

Yeah I remember not that long ago how, if Republicans were the party of creationists and global warming denial (and obviously still are), Democrats were accused of harboring suburban anti-vaxxers.

Then the pandemic threatened to make Donald J. Trump look like a lovely leader to voters who otherwise assume "Republican in office = good for economy and/or safety." Numerous Republican talking-heads began mouthing anti-vaxx talking points in response.

See also: how Republicans went from touting Bill Gates as a capitalist success story to denouncing him as a leftist evildoer after he mildly criticized Trump on Covid.

Wasn't Trump lightly pushing some antivax stuff as early as the 2016 primary? I recall something about him and someone else talking about spacing out the number of shots that children/infants had at once or something, and some other vague platitudes in that direction.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dirk the Average posted:

Wasn't Trump lightly pushing some antivax stuff as early as the 2016 primary? I recall something about him and someone else talking about spacing out the number of shots that children/infants had at once or something, and some other vague platitudes in that direction.

He'd been doing for that ages, though it seems far more like just jumping on the bandwagon to see if it got him attention. It became pretty funny when he genuinely wanted to claim the covid vaccine as a personal achievement and all of his followers completely ignore him and continue to claim he's defending them against the evil vaccines.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It would've been interesting to see how that went if he'd won.

Trump's strutting around like he invented the vaccine himself even now, he'd have been doing that times 1000 if he were still president, it would obviously be in the Republican Party's interest for people to get vaccinated to lower the death rate and make the administration look good, and to get commerce going again.

But a bunch of them had been saying all year that covid was fake, and a whole snake oil operation had sprung up to convince people to reject evidence based medicine and sell them dewormer and bleach as magical cure-alls

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Trump admin purposefully ignoring COVID because it was killing the right demographic at first but then not being able to turn the narrative when it very quickly began to work against them was insane to witness

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Caros posted:

Let me tell you a tale of a man and his decision to spend thousands of dollars on unnecessary dental work to get the mercury out of his teeth (and into his bloodstream)

*places a watermelon on the table between us, waits to see if you start sweating*

Caros
May 14, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

*places a watermelon on the table between us, waits to see if you start sweating*

Thread: The watermelon lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, but you're not loving it.

Jrod: [angry at the suggestion] What do you mean I'm not loving it?

Thread: I mean: you're not loving it! Why is that, Jrodefeld?

[Jrod has become visibly shaken]

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Dirk the Average posted:

Yeah, he was one of Wakefield's idiots long before covid.

Professor Shark posted:

The Trump admin purposefully ignoring COVID because it was killing the right demographic at first but then not being able to turn the narrative when it very quickly began to work against them was insane to witness

They really do follow in Reagan's footsteps.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Arbeit macht frei
https://twitter.com/LPNational/status/1659188839380836352?t=gn11ji2rVpsOiSl1mVCW9g&s=19

Edit: :stare:
https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/status/1659226509339512835?t=-_JV0u3w8I4knDsFyKD1kg&s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Old-style libertarians: Guys, I'm not a pedo, I just think that age of consent laws are government overreach
New-style libertarians: Guys, I'm not a pedo, I just think we should roll back everything that ended the horrific child abuse era

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Since we're on the subject, neo-Nazi chair moistener Nick Fuentes is perplexed that people are looking askance at him wanting a 16 year old child bride. So that's another one for the libertarian to fascist pipeline checklist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I uh... I think fuentes might be swimming backwards up the pipe in that instance.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Since we're on the subject, neo-Nazi chair moistener Nick Fuentes is perplexed that people are looking askance at him wanting a 16 year old child bride. So that's another one for the libertarian to fascist pipeline checklist.

Fuentes is a piece of poo poo, but he has never been a libertarian to my knowledge. Fascists also have a stories history of being child molesters.

He is also probably lying for shock value given his live for carboys.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah the Manosphere has been fash-adjacent from the start, and only got more so as they evolved into their current form. They're all about domination and power dynamics, so of course their idea of a relationship partner is someone vulnerable to abuse. It's not hard for actual pedophiles to slip in beneath that umbrella of shittiness.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1659530738318950402?t=GBETOqNzjhjnb8LTT4XSFA&s=19

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I read that as "they learn to hate their parents and they learn the things that make them free" at first.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I don't remember this part in the history books, can someone fill me in?
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1660966266914349056?t=mhqriGfjfZMO91TkaK39sw&s=19

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Panfilo posted:

I don't remember this part in the history books, can someone fill me in?
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1660966266914349056?t=mhqriGfjfZMO91TkaK39sw&s=19

Projection so bright its like when you looked straight into an overhead projector.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Huh, wonder what was going on during WWII that made the enemies of communism look like fascists and anti-Semites

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, I heard that the communists killed millions of people between 1939 and 1945. No need to check on who those people were, just trust me bro.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm slightly curious what they think the "communist head quarters in Europe" during WW2 was, but not curious enough to click through :ohno:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Their "citation" seems to be an old film clip with some guy reading a book about how communists will just blame everything on fascism and manipulate the public until their domination is assured or something.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Fister Roboto posted:

Well, I heard that the communists killed millions of people between 1939 and 1945. No need to check on who those people were, just trust me bro.
The 500 trillion victims of communism.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

cat botherer posted:

The 500 trillion victims of communism.

The first caveman who said maybe we should share the food was actually Karl Marx projecting into the astral void to create victims of communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Libertarians have been rather :tinfoil: about this lately. It's their ultimate gotcha to why we're not in a free market-nefarious WOKE government gatekeepers are pressuring companies into conforming to the leftist agenda! Also, according to this Libertarian, woke was was a term "Co opted from the black community by gender activists infected with Neo Marxism. " :psyduck: What's Neo Marxism? I'm still trying to understand a Libertarians definition of Marxism and now they've moved on to Neo Marxism? I can't keep up! :negative:
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1662589467809529856?t=5ujEfT0mtyJDztKLq1sQQA&s=19