Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

England in Pooh-ins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Byolante posted:

The club just did this to me in a email

Maybe it's the lighting in that photo but wow he looks old, especially for only 49. I'm sure Stoke will revitalize him though.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sticksy posted:

Maybe it's the lighting in that photo but wow he looks old, especially for only 49. I'm sure Stoke will revitalize him though.

Stoke will feed him the youth of the fans they suck the life out of.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sticksy posted:

That's the welsh blood in his veins, boyo.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

r/gunners is the absolute worst thing

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
one from the archives here - the single worst article ever run in an even remotely respected publication: http://web.archive.org/web/20120301214258/http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/helen-lewis-hasteley/2011/02/football-women-money

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Babby Thatcher posted:

one from the archives here - the single worst article ever run in an even remotely respected publication: http://web.archive.org/web/20120301214258/http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/helen-lewis-hasteley/2011/02/football-women-money

Spotted a comment on there from notorious forums poster tbp, nice

dreadful article as well, I doubted it would be as bad as you claimed but it is truly shite

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

FIFA has not "endorsed turbans globally." It has no stated policy on turbans and won't look into it until the hijab experiment is finished (probably 2014). It does have a policy stating that political and religious messages are not allowed. I guess 100 or so Sikhs are more important to the CSA than tens of thousands of Quebec kids. But then, Sikhs speak English and Quebec kids speak French. You realize this just means we won't be participating in Canadian championships. We'll just have to find someone else to play against...someone better at soccer than Canada. Shouldn't be that difficult. Even Canadians can't be bothered playing for Canada anyway.

:thumbsup:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

Except I'm not forming opinions based on YouTube videos.

I'm commenting on what I've observed in those videos.

lol

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

please tell me that this is from TRP

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

my son bort posted:

FIFA has not "endorsed turbans globally." It has no stated policy on turbans and won't look into it until the hijab experiment is finished (probably 2014). It does have a policy stating that political and religious messages are not allowed. I guess 100 or so Sikhs are more important to the CSA than tens of thousands of Quebec kids. But then, Sikhs speak English and Quebec kids speak French. You realize this just means we won't be participating in Canadian championships. We'll just have to find someone else to play against...someone better at soccer than Canada. Shouldn't be that difficult. Even Canadians can't be bothered playing for Canada anyway.

:thumbsup:

Link

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Wasn't there a quote literally just like this in the transfer thread?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?4638-CSA-suspends-Quebec-Soccer-Federation&page=2#comments

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

So, just because it is a religious garment, it should be allowed? We all know Muslims like to push their ways onto others (Isn't that a reason they don't like America? Ironic) but this isn't saying they cannot participate because they still can! The ruling isn't that Muslims cannot participate in Soccer anymore, they just won't be given any privileges when it comes to attire.

:eyepop:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ahahaha holy poo poo that is amazing.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Last one:

quote:

It is time for Quebec Soccer to apply for nation status within FIFA. The presadent is there.

Quebec sends it's own teams to the Francophone games and Conferences and now finds the arbitrary, unjust and unlawful ruling from the dictatorial English (Canadian)Soccer Association
to be to much to take.

The right to self determination is fundamental in a democratic society, this has to be done.

Vive Le Quebec libre

I'm sure they'll get right on that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
People shouldn't be able to play in turbans, they could wear devices underneath that make them do more powerful headers. Springs or something. I commend them for banning them.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

It's a bit silly to be honest no Sikh plays in a dastar but likely plays in a ramaal or patka. I see those are banned too though so what exactly do you want me to do with my hair, Canada? Twats.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hallowed Turban posted:

It's a bit silly to be honest no Sikh plays in a dastar but likely plays in a ramaal or patka. I see those are banned too though so what exactly do you want me to do with my hair, Canada? Twats.

Fellaini it.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I had to plait my hair when I was horse riding so I could wear a helmet man it was f'd up

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Hallowed Turban posted:

There's a simple answer to that!

quote:

Brigitte Frot, the director-general of the provincial association, was asked what she would tell a five-year-old boy in a turban who shows up to register to play soccer with his friends.

She replied: “They can play in their backyard. But not with official referees, not in the official rules of soccer. They have no choice.”

Vive le quebec libre

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Brigitte Frot

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Hahahaa I crye everytiem

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i cry 5eva everytime i read thoses word

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

ahahahaha this is the loving best thing

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

#Respect

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

I bet we could probably find a similar pic of footballers engaging in Fair Play towards each other and put a ridiculous bullshit text meme over top. Hmm perhaps a goofy thread for this would be fun, imo

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

#This is what football is all about

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Elf Herland was so touched by this sacrifice that he retired from footbal to weave malaria nets full time

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Top Player I just met you.
And this i crazy.
When your contract is over.
You can call me maybe.

#MarottaSong #CostoCero

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ4yg7rDjsg

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The fact that Real 'loving' Madrid are battling for a player with ickle ole Ciddy is a true sign of the loving times.

Whatever happens just think about that statement. Real 'loving' Madrid have not yet and can not yet officially announce they have easily wrapped up another major signing because us - yes us - are in serious loving competition with them.

COME ON YOU loving BLUE BEAUTIES!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
this is going to all be one poster because wow

quote:

some of the names linked with us on here are a joke!

Gareth Barry, no thanks, terrible. Connor Wickham, rubbish, James Milner, donkey. Gary Hooper, Jordan Rhodes, heaven help us.

Do some people just pull a name out of thin air? Have any of you seen some of these duffers play??

quote:

Barry is another Kovac, absolutely terrible player. Milner is better than Barry, but hes huff & puff with minimal quality. Runs up and down a lot in a Faubert style. Hes no better than Faubert just cos hes played for England, its just that England have worse players than France

quote:

that's one way of looking at it

Another way is considering Onouha, Johnson, Bridge. They've all played first team games for City in their rich era. And they're tinpot too. I'd say they're worse or on a par with RVT, Jarvis & Noble

Milner. I'd like to know how many 90mins hes completed. They bring him on when a goal up to do a load of running around to close the oppo down. I'm not dismissing that role within a team, but please don't try and convince me hes this flying creative right-winger that's gonna create 200 goals I reckon more clubs in our bracket would rather sign Kevin Nolan than James Milner

now that Mancini and his negativity has gone, Milner wont get a look in

PS to all those saying about the games hes played for City and he must be great because of that, I remember our own club selecting Harewood & Mullins ahead of Tevez & Mascherano.

quote:

Maybe I don't know much about football, maybe I do and you don't. I dismiss players but what I see not by reading stats that can be bent anyway you wish to use them. I see a trier, a 100% man which is very admirable, but quality wise a poor player. Just my opinion

quote:

fair enough then, lets pick a similar style player. Mo Diame. I reckon more clubs in our bracket would rather sign Diame than Milner.

Going by your argument that Milner & Nolan cant be compared as they are a different style of player, then you cant compare Milner who, in your words, is all about workrate, to Vaz Te who is a striker converted to a winger

it's like I'm looking at peak fan