Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Guys, lots of stuff is Monarch. Prestor John is just making stuff up, I think, to distract from the truth that 9/11 was planned.

Not sure if you're the perfect troll or need a psychiatrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Earlier in the thread he was a funny troll, but now I'm really going back and forth on the question.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Honestly, I don't give two shillings about that. I can use a structured logical model to evaluate claims based on evidence. I don't need you giving me your twentieth rate psychology. Who believes such a thing really? I mean - give me a real name of a person. What an incredible strawman!

How about this: are you aware that there are over one billion people without access to clean water?

Okay then using your structured logical model evaluate the claims that Princess Di was murdered for us

And then evaluate the claims that Princess Di is still alive

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What's with people biting at the most obvious low effort trolling garbage? Block the brony shitlord and move on.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of complete nuts, an electrician in Germany built a bunker in his basement in case of Russian invasion and got arrested for the hilariously over the top arsenal he put in it

* 2 SMGs
* 80 rifles
* 60 pistols
* 20k rounds of ammo
* 40kg of explosives ingredients

* a family pissed off at the weirdo :laugh:

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

blowfish posted:

Speaking of complete nuts, an electrician in Germany built a bunker in his basement in case of Russian invasion and got arrested for the hilariously over the top arsenal he put in it

* 2 SMGs
* 80 rifles
* 60 pistols
* 20k rounds of ammo
* 40kg of explosives ingredients

* a family pissed off at the weirdo :laugh:

Don't forget the sweet-rear end Sword Cane.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

Okay then using your structured logical model evaluate the claims that Princess Di was murdered for us

And then evaluate the claims that Princess Di is still alive

I don't care about Princess Di, so I'll do 9/11. I'm working on summarizing a truth tree into a post. A truth tree is a simple logical model that I would teach my children at age 5 or so. Google "truth tree" and you can see why it's hard to put into a post, but I'm working on it.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

blowfish posted:

Not sure if you're the perfect troll or need a psychiatrist.

A wife more than anything.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
Have you considered using LaTeX or one of the generator apps to make an image?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Krotera posted:

Have you considered using LaTeX or one of the generator apps to make an image?

Yeah. I'll have to do it later. I don't have time right now. Stay tuned.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
These tree-like runes I inscribe show me the most likely outcomes and causalities, giving me insight into reality that few others can perceive.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm fond of the time I was arguing with a 9/11 truther at a party and got him to admit in public that he didn't understand basic middle school physics. Like he actually said "the science is beyond me, and most of you also I would imagine" and the few people who were still listening were like "no I get it dude its real easy" and then everyone stood up and applauded

This was in reference to me asking him to define what free fall speed meant and why it mattered

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

McDowell posted:

These tree-like runes I inscribe show me the most likely outcomes and causalities, giving me insight into reality that few others can perceive.

I noted a five year old could understand it. You just take premises and their negation and list out your argument as if every negation were possible. You go off of what makes the most sense based on evidence.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AddMEonFacebook posted:

I noted a five year old could understand it. You just take premises and their negation and list out your argument as if every negation were possible. You go off of what makes the most sense based on evidence.

If you don't test the evidence for validity you're just fooling yourself. The tree becomes a ritual to let you believe you've objectively validated the thing you already wanted to be true to begin with.

Same 9/11 truther guy refuses to believe any academic, government, or media source that isn't on some obscure blog. The only trustworthy evidence for him is unverifiable things posted anonymously on the internet. He can't possibly reason his way into any other conclusion than the one he wanted in the first place, so even if he sits down and thinks logically about 9/11 he can only produce illogical answers.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
We all do use evidence. The tree simply outlines the possibilities. How can you possibly believe the official story of the US government? Perhaps looking at the tree, you can see that the government story is about as likely as the most outlandish truther. You at least see that every premise has a negation. The truther obviously doesn't have his entire story straight – and even fabricates some things, but the same could be said for the government story. Buying that hook, line, and sinker is just as bad as buying the truthers fabricated evidence. The fact is if you believe the government story, you have about as much evidence to go on as the guy that watched loose change one time.

The fact is I don’t have all the evidence precisely because the government quickly whisks it away, and the media doesn’t report on things unless they are told to, but I do glean evidence here and there and it’s entirely suspicious and worth questioning. If you study history, it’s well known that governments will do this sort of thing to gain support for wars and for more control over people’s lives. That’s exactly what has happened, analogous to history, so it’s really not all that crazy to assume maybe some involvement. I think they would come out and take credit for it outright if it hadn’t been a colossal failure. Historically, this kind of tactic is more successful, but the logistics of two wars in the Middle East was enough to bankrupt the country. Everyone now knows they were a mistake, and we've wiped out the tradition of secularism and rationalism from Iraq. I don't think there ever was one in Afghanistan, but if there was one budding, it's dead now.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 21, 2014

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I would say he's a troll, but at least one other FYAD regular was an unmedicated schizophrenic who said that FYAD made the most sense to him when he was unmedicated.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I can ad hom you, too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569772&userid=101945

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 21, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

We all do use evidence. The tree simply outlines the possibilities. How can you possibly believe the official story of the US government? Perhaps looking at the tree, you can see that the government story is about as likely as the most outlandish truther. You at least see that every premise has a negation. The truther obviously doesn't have his entire story straight – and even fabricates some things, but the same could be said for the government story. Buying that hook, line, and sinker is just as bad as buying the truthers fabricated evidence. The fact is if you believe the government story, you have about as much evidence to go on as the guy that watched loose change one time.

The fact is I don’t have all the evidence precisely because the government quickly whisks it away, and the media doesn’t report on things unless they are told to, but I do glean evidence here and there and it’s entirely suspicious and worth questioning. If you study history, it’s well known that governments will do this sort of thing to gain support for wars and for more control over people’s lives. That’s exactly what has happened, analogous to history, so it’s really not all that crazy to assume maybe some involvement. I think they would come out and take credit for it outright if it hadn’t been a colossal failure. Historically, this kind of tactic is more successful, but the logistics of two wars in the Middle East was enough to bankrupt the country. Everyone now knows they were a mistake, and we've wiped out the tradition of secularism and rationalism from Iraq. I don't think there ever was one in Afghanistan, but if there was one budding, it's dead now.

yeah you're pretty well on your way off the deep end

also :lol: if you believe governments actually are that much in control but somehow leave just barely enough evidence for ~intelligent~ (dumb) people like you to find and simultaneously screw up as badly as they do instead of just being full of people as useless as dilbert's boss like every other large organisation.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

blowfish posted:

yeah you're pretty well on your way off the deep end

also :lol: if you believe governments actually are that much in control but somehow leave just barely enough evidence for ~intelligent~ (dumb) people like you to find and simultaneously screw up as badly as they do instead of just being full of people as useless as dilbert's boss like every other large organisation.

Could you please try to use proper grammar and punctuation? I can't decode your point. It's a mess of bad grammar.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 21, 2014

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I will say this to try to respond, but I'm only going to reply to posters who use punctuation from now on. It's not "the government" per se, just certain individuals in key positions who have to become compromised- usually with payoffs or duress, and boom. You're in.

There are pretty solid reports - which means solid evidence - that politicians in other countries besides the US become compromised in such a way where they are offered payoffs and simultaneously threatened, making their "choice easy." The cartels in Columbia, for instance, openly run things there with extreme violence. The politicians there are powerless, really, to stop them, although the army does fight with them, it's mostly a resigned stand-off.

We're approaching a point in the US where we're soon going to be similarly run by cartels, but not drug cartels necessarily, it's a more intricate blend of markets including arms and healthcare as huge contributors. The financial companies, often with diverse inter-national interests and little actual interest in the welfare of the United States' people, have their own cartel as well, and manifest its power through the federal reserve. Control of the money entirely belongs to the financial cartel. The other cartels are just good at stacking it because they sell product, employ doctors and lawyers, get huge contracts etc. etc.

The government is implicit in allowing them to operate, and they even also are rather easy to "buy" so the legitimate use of force ascribed to the government in the holy, unwritten social contract is corrupted by the influence of these cartels in the form of money, and the government becomes their protectorate. This is ideal because now the cartel is officially legalized, and maintains it legal status through force of government. It's also fascism.

edit: spelling

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 21, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah there's really no internet glory to be gained if your trolling tactic is to emulate a crazy person as hard as possible. You have to be really dedicated to make the gimmic work and I just don't see that kind of hustle out of you.

quote:

Buying that hook, line, and sinker is just as bad as buying the truthers fabricated evidence. The fact is if you believe the government story, you have about as much evidence to go on as the guy that watched loose change one time.

*bong noises* woah man, blowin my mind

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

A truth tree is a simple logical model that I would teach my children at age 5 or so. Google "truth tree" and you can see why it's hard to put into a post, but I'm working on it.

Work less, OK?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Some of the posts are gimmicks, but it's just meant for humor and effect. I'm really not trolling. I want people to see there is good reason to be skeptical. I'm not insisting you believe anything. You seem to insist I ought to believe the official story.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

BiggerBoat posted:

Work less, OK?

Yeah, I'm not doing it. Not unless someone buys me a new avatar.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Haha, well who would believe that health insurance companies could be powerful enough to affect legislation or influence the choices of senators or the choices of impartial Supreme Court justices like Antonin Scalia?

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I didn't use insurance company as an example. Constantly strawmanned in every reply... so rediculous.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I feel you, though. You're saying I'm right

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 22, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Some of the posts are gimmicks, but it's just meant for humor and effect. I'm really not trolling. I want people to see there is good reason to be skeptical. I'm not insisting you believe anything. You seem to insist I ought to believe the official story.

Ok yeah you need professional help

Now stop making GBS threads up this thread by alternating between stating the blindingly obvious and being the personification of :tinfoil:

(ps i won't use proper punctuation because your posts don't justify that level of effort in responses)

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's now obvious what was once before not true because of me, I assure you.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Yeah, I'm not doing it. Not unless someone buys me a new avatar.

"Hey guys I'm going to create a truth tree so that you can see for yourselves how the government totally caused 9/11."

Later that day:

"Nevermind what I said earlier, you'll just have to accept that what I'm saying is true. You all know that I'm right :smug:"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AddMEonFacebook posted:

It's now obvious what was once before not true because of me, I assure you.

How are you able to criticize people about their grammar and then write something like this?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's cool how this thread had really excellent contributions from prester john and now you're all being fuckwits responding to the most obvious, transparent troll in D&D history

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

QuarkJets posted:

How are you able to criticize people about their grammar and then write something like this?

That is literally a poem, you clod.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

BBJoey posted:

it's cool how this thread had really excellent contributions from prester john and now you're all being fuckwits responding to the most obvious, transparent troll in D&D history

I thought prestorjohn was just some guy full of poo poo?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ok gently caress that's enough stupidity I'll start using the ignore list from this day on :eng99:

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
He's either full of poo poo or a complete idiot. I come to enlighten, to challenge. You come for the pandering, just like a TV audience. So pathetic. Ignore me, yes. Go tweet at the Kardashians.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

AddMEonFacebook posted:

He's either full of poo poo or a complete idiot. I come to enlighten, to challenge. You come for the pandering, just like a TV audience. So pathetic. Ignore me, yes. Go tweet at the Kardashians.

Case in point :fuckoff:

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
You're just trolling me. ad hom all you like. I use logic.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

BBJoey posted:

I agree Prester John's posts were really good, he should post more.

By the way, why doesn't random idiot from facebook guy have red text yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

blowfish posted:

I agree Prester John's posts were really good, he should post more.

By the way, why doesn't random idiot from facebook guy have red text yet?

Christ just let me into the circle-jerk already!

• Locked thread