Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Spiders are motherfuckers of the highest order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Spiders are motherfuckers of the highest order.

The species' Latin name is loving Retarius.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Wait until you have to fight a Silver King Spider and all of a sudden the table turn once you get it to ragdoll. For some reason they made it so that once it gets stunned from enough explosions, it has a huge difficulty getting back on it's feet. This results in it lazily ragdolling to the edges of the map like some discarded plastic bag in the wind as you keep hammering it.

This shows it off quite well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-pATyDgWjM

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do you get vehicles in underground missions

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

You can only call in the Depth Crawlers.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

how do you get vehicles in underground missions

Depth Crawlers are it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Got some weird graphic issue where the light maps during explosions are all pixely and hosed up. Any ideas?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

SilverMike posted:

Man, Cheat Engine is such a nice solution to the armor grind. Just tell the system you picked up 1000 armor boxes in a mission and be set for a while until you need to hit Hardest or Inferno.
How do you do that?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

How do you do that?

There's a table on the cheat engine forums that does it.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

There's a thread in the CE forums for EDF4.1 and the first page has a script for it. Not sure how to create a .ct file, so I just grabbed some other one, erased everything in it, and copied over the box script.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Obsurveyor posted:

Depth Crawlers are it.
According to the description the bike can be called in underground too, though I haven't tried it yet to verify.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

SilverMike posted:

There's a thread in the CE forums for EDF4.1 and the first page has a script for it. Not sure how to create a .ct file, so I just grabbed some other one, erased everything in it, and copied over the box script.

just dump it into a text file named <whogivesashit>.ct

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

keyboard vomit posted:

The species' Latin name is loving Retarius.

I mean the normal spiders. Getting shotgunned by those hopping fuckers is awful.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
We did a thing with Balam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxPSYPota0

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

dis astranagant posted:

There's a table on the cheat engine forums that does it.
Thanks for that. Just changed the armor in seconds.

World of Final Fantasy is looking good.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 24, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah gently caress it, I just used the cheats to (more or less) "copy" over my armor numbers from my PS4 save. I ain't gonna do that particular part of the grind over again already.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Just deployed a Titan that finally became available at the last minute of a mission. It is too... drat... big...
I knocked over three buildings from the recoil of one shot.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Played split-screen with a friend earlier and we had an amazing glitch. I was the poor fencer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WGQS1uz4Ag&t=250s

Might wanna turn your audio down a tad. We kept the game audio up a bit too much.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Little Mac posted:

Played split-screen with a friend earlier and we had an amazing glitch. I was the poor fencer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WGQS1uz4Ag&t=250s

Might wanna turn your audio down a tad. We kept the game audio up a bit too much.

Had the very same with an unfortunate incident involving a tunnel and a motorcycle sidecar.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Feonir posted:

Had the very same with an unfortunate incident involving a tunnel and a motorcycle sidecar.

Great way to get that achievement, though!

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Is there some trick to dealing with the flying drones in 14? I'm playing on inferno and trying to let the AI kill all the hectors for me so I can just swoop in for loot at the last second, but 4-5 drones always end up following me when the level starts and I haul rear end for the far corner of the map.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I'm only about a dozen missions in and just grinding some of the easier missions on hard and hardest to up my arsenal, but fuuuuuck I love this game. My usual loadout is a good assault rifle and grenade launcher - nothing beats the aoe spam grenades can put out, and their damage radius is much better than most other explosive options. Usual strategy is just thin the herd by blind firing wildly at the horizon, watching the bodies fly, and mopping up with the ar. Grenade launchers are ace at leveling city blocks too.

God, I haven't even touched the other classes yet. There's so much to do!

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah gently caress it, I just used the cheats to (more or less) "copy" over my armor numbers from my PS4 save. I ain't gonna do that particular part of the grind over again already.

Is there a trainer or something that lets you set the exact armor value? I wanna get my ps4 armor back too

Speaking of trainers, armageddon cluster + no reload
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUIo6mWq5w

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The steam forums for the game are full of threads where someone bitches about playing a game online with someone cheating and ending up getting a huge pile of armor afterwards and how this has forever ruined their saves.

Of course they don't seem to understand that they could just as easily use the same cheats to set their armor back. Or use the built-into-the-game option to lower your own armor. Or realize that unless they're over 70% complete already anyway most of that armor isn't going to actually be available to them during missions.

HolyKrap posted:

Is there a trainer or something that lets you set the exact armor value? I wanna get my ps4 armor back too

I used this one for it: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=593526

The numbers aren't 1:1 so like I have about 9000 armor on most of my PS4 dudes and for this code the value to get there was like 22,250 (and double that for wing diver).

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 24, 2016

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You know you have it working when the values are displayed correctly and updates in the game. The values are based on the number of armor crates you picked up for that class. Still follows the class-based pickup ratio.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 24, 2016

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Light Gun Man posted:

The steam forums for the game are full of threads where someone bitches about playing a game online with someone cheating and ending up getting a huge pile of armor afterwards and how this has forever ruined their saves.

Of course they don't seem to understand that they could just as easily use the same cheats to set their armor back. Or use the built-into-the-game option to lower your own armor. Or realize that unless they're over 70% complete already anyway most of that armor isn't going to actually be available to them during missions.

I used this one for it: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=593526

The numbers aren't 1:1 so like I have about 9000 armor on most of my PS4 dudes and for this code the value to get there was like 22,250 (and double that for wing diver).

Thanks. I've played through hard mode like 5 times now. Time to cheat back my armor and finally finish hardest/inferno

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Omi no Kami posted:

Is there some trick to dealing with the flying drones in 14? I'm playing on inferno and trying to let the AI kill all the hectors for me so I can just swoop in for loot at the last second, but 4-5 drones always end up following me when the level starts and I haul rear end for the far corner of the map.
Not really. Just stay mobile and plink away at them until they drop. Even on inferno they're not super threatening unless there's a hojillion of them all focused on you. Depending on your class and what you have unlocked so far you might have something that will be helpful in knocking out stragglers like that, like a sniper rifle or the air raider's AA mines.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

Do the opposite. The ai is really good at picking off the drones but takes ages on the hectors. Bonus points if you commandeer every squad so you have this ridiculous murderball going.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Helter Skelter posted:

Not really. Just stay mobile and plink away at them until they drop. Even on inferno they're not super threatening unless there's a hojillion of them all focused on you. Depending on your class and what you have unlocked so far you might have something that will be helpful in knocking out stragglers like that, like a sniper rifle or the air raider's AA mines.

I think the problem was specifically with how slow the ranger is, since I haven't had problems with the other three... I'm still super-squishy (I'm only up to mission 15 or so), but getting consistent enough at it to make for a decent farming run.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
One vague piece of advice I have from playing a lot of PS4 4.1 is that flying drones and the later upgraded ones are kind of the most dangerous and most often ignored enemy on high difficulties. I found much more success on Inferno missions involving them if I took the methodology of 1) they are loving dangerous, kill them asap, and 2) try to actually KILL them one at a time, don't try to go "oh well I'll just pepper the whole crowd with damage and then eventually they'll all be dead!". Take them out. Eliminate the threat. One less drone is one less set of lasers stopping you in your tracks and getting you killed.

A good example of this is the mission with just an Argo and a bunch of drones. I played that one online a ton of times and we kept losing until I applied those strategies and told everyone else to (and them eventually listening like three failures later).

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Help I can't stop leveling city blocks and yelling EDF EDF EDF EDF

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

I'm loving the differences between 4.1 and 2025 so far. It's the little bits like th elighting effects making the underground actually unsettling or the fact the EDF actually seems to be better equipped and throwing tanks at all and sundry.

I've also just picked up the Javelin Catapult for the Fencer which I'm pretty sure is new. Utterly ridiculous, utterly hilarious, probably useless, but great for dumping 600 6-foot tungsten rods all over the place. Just need to stomp my way uncontrollably through another 70-odd missions.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TacticalNecromancy posted:

I'm loving the differences between 4.1 and 2025 so far.
I like not waiting for a minute for a level to load.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

dis astranagant posted:

Including a table that lets you tell the game how many items you picked up during a mission.

Kinda want to pick back up where I left off on the PS3. Do you have a link to that thread? My google-fu returns only two threads on EDF in CE.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

Do the opposite. The ai is really good at picking off the drones but takes ages on the hectors. Bonus points if you commandeer every squad so you have this ridiculous murderball going.

Holy crap, I never even noticed I could take over squads before... that makes 14 take like half as long, thanks!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baller Time posted:

Help I can't stop leveling city blocks and yelling EDF EDF EDF EDF

I will help

EDF EDF EDF EDF

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I got to thinking

What happens if I call in a third.

...or a fourth.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My first trip through 2025 I didn't respect the Cascade launcher because I demanded to be a danger to myself and others and myself with Goliath launchers that dealt twice my health in damage, because "That's a bunch of TINY rockets! Those don't blow up as good!"

Oh what a fool I was. Cascade 1, eh. Cascade 2? Versatile as hell. I guess I was suffering a "I should know better by now" case of judging a weapon variant by it's first model.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 24, 2016

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TacticalNecromancy posted:

I'm loving the differences between 4.1 and 2025 so far. It's the little bits like th elighting effects making the underground actually unsettling or the fact the EDF actually seems to be better equipped and throwing tanks at all and sundry.

I've also just picked up the Javelin Catapult for the Fencer which I'm pretty sure is new. Utterly ridiculous, utterly hilarious, probably useless, but great for dumping 600 6-foot tungsten rods all over the place. Just need to stomp my way uncontrollably through another 70-odd missions.

The Javelin Catapult is also by far the best item for dash cancelling. Just hold down the fire button and mash dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Helter Skelter posted:

The Javelin Catapult is also by far the best item for dash cancelling. Just hold down the fire button and mash dash.
I thought it was the only item for effective dash cancelling. I learned how to dash cancel right after I got it.

edit: the actual weapon version of it fires like 20 javelins at once but still almost straight up un-aimed so you can feel like Asuka in End of Evaneglion.