Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually the most interesting character is the Monk and Cubi.

I hope we'll learn the secret origin of Onari one day and accepts Javert as his new disciple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually the most interesting character is the Monk and Cubi.

Onari's great when he's allowed to actually show why he's a monk. Those scenes only happen with Javert, but they're consistently great. He's also funny outside of them, but I love when he gets to be spiritual.

V-Men posted:

Is he not getting an upgraded form?

His upgrade was the Gan Gun Catcher. You know, the recolour of the weapon Makoto had from day one.

Ghost is lazy as hell with the props and it really shows.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Makoto's doesn't have the Eyecon Slot in the hand, I don't think.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, that was changed because Alain couldn't do eye contact due to not having a Ghost Driver. It's still a super minor change and overall a lazy weapon, just like Makoto getting a recoloured Sunglasslasher.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Stallion Cabana posted:

he is not. He's staying in his current form and will be using different heroic Eyecons, but he's not getting an upgrade unless he gets a super late one like Machine Chaser

What a shame. I love the voice on his brace too. "Yes sir. Standby. Loading."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Those plush Zyumen that TheWorld had at the end of the one episode are going to be an actual thing you can buy and it's great

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Hot off the presses! Kamen Rider Ex-Aid production staff information!
  • The head writer for Ex-Aid is Yuuya Takahashi, a veteran of several anime projects including Lupin III, and Tiger & Bunny
  • The main producer will be Motoi Sasaki whose resume includes Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters and Kamen Rider Gaim.
  • And the director for Ex-Aid is Shojiro Nakazawa, who has directed multiple episodes of Super Sentai from Timeranger through ToQGer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's a drat good writer.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So; Question for Ignis.

Are you guys at OT just loving with us or do they legitimately say a different animal group every time in the intro to Zyuohger?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So; Question for Ignis.

Are you guys at OT just loving with us or do they legitimately say a different animal group every time in the intro to Zyuohger?

I'm pretty sure it always says 群れ (mure, herd). The change is entirely on O-T, and to be honest, it's the only reason I never skip the opening. Part of the fun is seeing what new word O-T got in this time, and whoever is behind that has all of my praise.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

They change it based on what the animal shown in the box at the end of the episode is.

For instance; a group of crocodiles is called a Bask, so the time they did a Crocodile in the box at the end, they used Bask in the opening of the episode.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Stallion Cabana posted:

They change it based on what the animal shown in the box at the end of the episode is.

For instance; a group of crocodiles is called a Bask, so the time they did a Crocodile in the box at the end, they used Bask in the opening of the episode.

I'd never realised that, that's pretty drat clever of them.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Stallion Cabana posted:

man there goes my hopes for "murder" to appear

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Elfgames posted:

man there goes my hopes for "murder" to appear

I mean if a Crow ends up in the box....

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

So; Question for Ignis.

It's just a silly gimmick the editor and translator came up with on the first episodes. Don't think too much of it, it's always the same word in japanese.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Stallion Cabana posted:

I mean if a Crow ends up in the box....

it's possible but i feel it's unlikely i was hoping they were just random animal group names i doubt we'll get a crow or a raven.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Can Of Worms posted:

Hot off the presses! Kamen Rider Ex-Aid production staff information!
  • The head writer for Ex-Aid is Yuuya Takahashi, a veteran of several anime projects including Lupin III, and Tiger & Bunny
  • The main producer will be Motoi Sasaki whose resume includes Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters and Kamen Rider Gaim.
  • And the director for Ex-Aid is Shojiro Nakazawa, who has directed multiple episodes of Super Sentai from Timeranger through ToQGer.
Trying to not get too hyped about Ex-Aid.

And failing.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ignis posted:

It's just a silly gimmick the editor and translator came up with on the first episodes. Don't think too much of it, it's always the same word in japanese.

I'm really enjoying it, actually. You guys are great. (stay strong, Jeeg.)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, apparently Kamen Rider Blade is getting a Returns movie:

http://nihonhero.weebly.com/nihon-hero/kamen-rider-blade-v-cinema-announced-possibility-of-appearance-of-kamen-rider-garren-king-form

Not sure why they chose that series specifically (not that that's a bad thing as I liked Blade well enough) but it could be interesting.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 1, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Blade cast seems to be extremely easy to get, considering how all four of them constantly come back to voice their characters for videogames.

Also I'm pretty sure Blade is well-liked in Japan, or at the very least highly memetic with the whole Ondul thing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, apparently Kamen Rider Blade is getting a Returns movie:

http://nihonhero.weebly.com/nihon-hero/kamen-rider-blade-v-cinema-announced-possibility-of-appearance-of-kamen-rider-garren-king-form

Not sure why they chose that series specifically but it could be interesting.

Considering the ending Blade had

This could be VERY interesting

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Burkion posted:

Considering the ending Blade had

This could be VERY interesting

Kamen Rider Blade Returns: Everyone Dies

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey guys, guys. Did you know that humanity has infinite potential? Because they have infinite potential. That's right, infinite potential. Infinite potential.

I hope you believe in the infinite potential of humanity, because that potential sure is infinite. It is infinite potential, and it is humanity's.

Infinite.

Potential.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hey guys, guys. Did you know that humanity has infinite potential? Because they have infinite potential. That's right, infinite potential. Infinite potential.

I hope you believe in the infinite potential of humanity, because that potential sure is infinite. It is infinite potential, and it is humanity's.

Infinite.

Potential.

Is this

A Rider Ultraman or Sentai thing

Because it could be any of them

it kinda sounds like Maskman

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's Kamen Rider Ghost, and I sure as hell hope there isn't any other series as loving preachy because while Takeru's personality was always "says catchphrases constantly, has nothing else" it's reached all-new levels when everyone's parroting his constant HUMANITY'S INFINITE POTENTIAL bullshit.

I'll be so happy when Ex-Aid starts because sadly, our prayers of "please be good, Ghost" ended up unheard.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
kamen rider ghost's current thing.

Ghost has many parts that feel either boring or underwhelming, but not enough to drop the show over.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Burkion posted:

Is this

A Rider Ultraman or Sentai thing

Because it could be any of them

it kinda sounds like Maskman

Ghost's big upgrade is Infinite and his new thing is saying "infinite potential" all the loving time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't that basically Wizards thing

Why is Ghost Wizard

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

rip ghost

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ghost is still better than Wizard in that it's still watchable even if it's not good and the protagonist is the blandest poo poo since Haruto.

It is, however, only slightly above Wizard in quality. I can watch it, but it leaves me yawning. And any serious moment it could have is ruined by bad gags which doesn't help, especially around the Sage that should be an interesting character (especially with his double life) and yet is just a bad gag.

At least Alain is still good. He can join Nitoh on the "good Riders on a bad show" list.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm interested to see if they're going to explain why the Sage and the Chancellor are the same actor or if it's just going to be "holy poo poo they look the same!"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Some Numbers posted:

I'm interested to see if they're going to explain why the Sage and the Chancellor are the same actor or if it's just going to be "holy poo poo they look the same!"

They just did last episode they find out because sage forgot and wore the wrong outfit when being edith, everyone got mad at him especially after he says he could've actually brought takeru back to life in the first 99 day cycle, takeru learns a rage based weapon finisher for mugen from it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ghost is a bit more than a step above Wizard as even the secondary characters are more interesting than the ones in Wizard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I have not watched the most recent episode, so I appreciate you spoiler tagging that.

I guess I'll get on that tonight.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 2, 2016

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Ghost isn't bad. The characters overall are less likeable than Drive although Ghost's plot has been better paced throughout the series.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I kind of disagree with the latter? You can look at the last few episodes and it's been infodump after infodump, they didn't have to rush to tell a backstory they forgot to like this in Drive.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ghost's plot has been awfully paced: it started with just a lot of setup of things without any interesting narrative, which finally ended once they got the Eyecons and then we had something actually interesting with Alain and the Ganma World, only for all of that to get thrown out in favour of a super formulaic aesop-of-the-fortnight format where Takeru learns what emotions are and nothing of interest happens. Not even good battles because Infinite is so much stronger than every enemy in the show that there's no reason to watch, hell, this episode he killed several Ganmeisers without even fighting them because they were in weapon form, and in previous Ganmeiser fights he just literally tanked everything then one-shot them.

It doesn't help that Takeru is only barely better than Haruto, and at some points actually comes across as more annoying. He's horribly preachy, and does nothing but spout whatever catchphrase he has at that point of the series. He's bland, he's boring, his fights are boring, and he has somehow died thrice during the show (and the movie will likely contain a fourth) which makes it really drat hard to care about him because death only makes him stronger (literally - first death makes him Ghost, second death gives him Boost, third death gives him Infinite, the last one without even an explanation beyond the series harping on about him being special somehow).

Ghost survives on an actually good cast (Onari and Alain especially, though Akari definitely has her moments) that most definitely does not include the protagonist, the mentor of sorts, or the second rider, much less his little sister. There's something to be said when I care more about Ryotaro and his bud than I care about Takeru or Makoto.

This would be so much better if it was Kamen Rider Necrom, seriously. And Necrom specifically, what they did with Alain's sister as Dark Necrom P was terrible.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

No, but in Drive, there wasn't really a story until the story just happens. It seemed like Heart, Brain, and Medic just did stuff until Chaser was rescued. Then 001 showed up and Shinnosuke's father becomes a big mystery. Then 001 was defeated and then you learn about the Promised Number and Banno. At least in Ghost, there was gathering the Eyecons, Alain creating portals at different locations, Ignis taking over Deep Connect and at least it felt like stuff was continually ongoing.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'd like to point out the director in charge of Ex-aid was also in charge of Wizard and Nininger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I'd like to point out the director in charge of Ex-aid was also in charge of Wizard and Nininger.

why you do these things

• Locked thread