Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ah one of those "it's not anime if I like it" scenarios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
controversial opinion: Steins Gate is a harem anime

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

ah one of those "it's not anime if I like it" scenarios

I like plenty of typical anime nonsense

I just don't think steins gate is that

Sorry ????

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It has a cat girl maid you can date. It's anime as poo poo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

"tuturu~" - philip k dick

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

It has a cat girl maid you can date. It's anime as poo poo.
Steins Gate doesn't have a middle-aged scion decking a goat demon butler while another's imaginary friend drops deadly cakes on her rivals. I thought you knew that. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ymgve posted:

controversial opinion: Steins Gate is a harem anime

I mean it literally is, each ending is focused on a different girl

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a real harem vn would have a poly ending though. sorry. denied.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's only anime if it sucks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've never understood the anime complaint. I've also never understood why people can't just ask if something has some loli poo poo or something else skeevy instead of beating around the bush about it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everything is anime and that’s okay because anime is good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

Everything is anime and that’s okay because anime is good

No, anime is blood

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I accidentally listened to too much eurovision last night, including the same song from some not-german kinda-viking letters country ten times in a row thanks to autoplay and now i have a lot of lyrics to not understand but repeat in my head

hatty posted:

America is making its own lame version next year so don't worry

it's not fun if we aren't competing with our abusive dads overseas. y'all made us kill all these folks over here and do all those horrible things now you wont even let us play in your reindeer games?!

Redezga posted:

Is it really that popular in the US? I tried to look up how many people watch it over there but but the various graphs and numbers don't even bother to list viewer numbers for the United States. I think the only reason Australia has managed to weasel its way in (despite being on the other hemisphere of the planet and being its own continent) is because at least as long as I've been aware of the competition it has consistently drawn pretty big viewer numbers for something that gets broadcast on free to air Australian television (at least enough to get listed on the graphs).

as far as I know it ain't popular at all, even the comedy movie about eurovision didn't do so good over here because nobody gets the references or things its teasing. I do know that whatever proportion of the American population that still watches an actual TV, live, on a TV, broadcast from tv wires or some weird ancient poo poo -- loving love singing competitions of any kind. They cannot get enough of them, its a huge problem in america, middle aged soccer moms in the street scratching at people's legs as they walk by, begging them to sing, throwing money at others asking them to judge the signing and send somebody to hollywood for fucks sake. americans will host a talent competition and weed out contestants until only some friggin voice user stands on stage voicing really loud like that's impressive next to all of the cool poo poo we saw before, but sure, yeah, somehow singing is impressive enough even though we make singing competitions expressly for that poo poo, so go ahead, let some weird looking child with a big adult sing voice win again.

so i assume the only reason Eurovision isn't popular over here because of their choice to exclude the most undeniably extremely-European-rear end place on Earth, the Americas, all of em. Let us in and we will watch. Will never happen, EU couldn't stand to lose to Canada or Guyana after they spent so long learning how to copy our music after we invented all the good types of music people actually listen to today

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 23, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's time to replace american idol culture with regular idol culture. don't see a single glowstick or wota in the audience of american idol smh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

it's time to replace american idol culture with regular idol culture. don't see a single glowstick or wota in the audience of american idol smh

It's time to chuck both in the dumpster

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please don't chuck furukawa mirin, center of idol group dempagumi.inc, in the dumpster. she is 6 months pregnant and dumpsters are unsanitary

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just ate a large burrito, laying in bed, thinking about video games and Eurovision.

The jury vote in Eurovision is truly the European version of the electoral college, in that it exists to suppress the actual popular vote.

Maybe, I'll give FFXIV another try

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Walla posted:

I've never understood the anime complaint. I've also never understood why people can't just ask if something has some loli poo poo or something else skeevy instead of beating around the bush about it.

Because 99% anime has skeevy poo poo in it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

*bleary eyed from clocking 15+ hours of persona this weekend* what’s this about anime now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anime, animay not, I don't know

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
don't worry everyone, i only watch that 1% of good anime

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's anime

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a miserable little pile of cels

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

what's anime

Nothing, what's anime with you

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Animain’t

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Hey chat thread, I wanna new controller for playing games on PC because I find the PS4 controller a bit crampy. Is it stupid of me to buy a Ps5 controller just for the PC? It looks nice and I like the idea of games using the fancy haptics down the road. Or am I better off getting one of the xbox controllers? Haven't got the money for the premium xbox elite controller really tho!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The PS5 controller has much fancier haptics than the Xbox controller, and driver/game support can only get better from here, so go for it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I haven’t checked, does the DS5 (I’m not calling it the DS) have proper pc support yet?

Another option is the 8bitdo Sn30 Pro 2. I haven’t tried it, but have heard good things. It’s also cheaper.

I do like Dualshocks for their touch pads though. Gives you a lot of flexibility for custom bindings.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I use my ancient wired 360 controller for PC gaming because many games don't support DualShock button prompts and it bothers me too much that it will tell me to push X and it really means push square.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

haveblue posted:

The PS5 controller has much fancier haptics than the Xbox controller, and driver/game support can only get better from here, so go for it

Aren’t haptics actually a downside, since pc games (so far, afaik) only have basic rumble support (which isn’t something the DS5 is great at emulating, IMO).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

Aren’t haptics actually a downside, since pc games (so far, afaik) only have basic rumble support (which isn’t something the DS5 is great at emulating, IMO).

For now, I assume if DS5 on PC becomes popular and multiplats start getting developed with PS5 releases in mind then PCs will become able to properly drive the DS5 triggers and rumble system

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I haven’t checked, does the DS5 (I’m not calling it the DS) have proper pc support yet?

Another option is the 8bitdo Sn30 Pro 2. I haven’t tried it, but have heard good things. It’s also cheaper.

I do like Dualshocks for their touch pads though. Gives you a lot of flexibility for custom bindings.

Steam knows what to do with the DS5 apparently, and Metro Exodus has recently patched in support for the haptic trigger stuff.

What's making it hard to make my mind up is that xbox controllers are just better supported - there's still gamepass games like Forza Horizon that you just can't play with a playstation controller, even with 3rd party software. But everyone's raving about this dang DS5 controller with its magic triggers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

If so, cool.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Grumbles posted:

Steam knows what to do with the DS5 apparently, and Metro Exodus has recently patched in support for the haptic trigger stuff.

What's making it hard to make my mind up is that xbox controllers are just better supported - there's still gamepass games like Forza Horizon that you just can't play with a playstation controller, even with 3rd party software. But everyone's raving about this dang DS5 controller with its magic triggers.
is that true, I'm pretty sure I played forza horizon with a ds4, but now you have me doubting myself. it's the only controller I have and I don't like how it handles with a wheel so I would have had to use it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The Grumbles posted:

With a DS4 at least, afaik, you can play virtually any game with xbox pad support by using DS4Windows, because it just tricks windows into thinking that’s what your DS4 is. I use it even with games that recognize DS4s because of how easy it is to make and change custom bindings. Like swipe left to quick save, or media controls.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

is that true, I'm pretty sure I played forza horizon with a ds4, but now you have me doubting myself. it's the only controller I have and I don't like how it handles with a wheel so I would have had to use it

Did you play it on Gamepass? apparently it's fine on Steam. But because the xbox app that you need to play gamepass games thru can't use the steam ds4 drivers, it gets screwy. For me, at least.

Rinkles posted:

With a DS4 at least, afaik, you can play virtually any game with xbox pad support by using DS4Windows, because it just tricks windows into thinking that’s what your DS4 is. I use it even with games that recognize DS4s because of how easy it is to make and change custom bindings. Like swipe left to quick save, or media controls.

Yeah DS4windows is a godsend. Looking into it and there's a very early version that works with a PS5 controller. I've just always found the Ps4 controller a little small and cramp inducing, and the Ps5 controller looks nice and big for my huge hands.

The Grumbles fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 23, 2021

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah, gamepass. idk, it can be pretty fucky sometimes

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 8bitdo is a good controller but on PC it can behave very strangely. I spent an hour trying to figure out why Tekken 7 was running like dogshit on my “runs Gears 5 on max”-rear end PC and when I switched to the Xbox controller everything was smooth as butter again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It's sort of not because it's only 4 ingredients but requires a lot of technique so you're unlikely to do better than the machines. It's not incredibly difficult though, and if you can make puff pastry you can make croissants, so you'll have that going for ya, which is nice.

I could go for a croissant right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm playing through 428 Shibuya Scramble right now and hot drat, this poo poo is really good

I think I like VNs now? It's a genre I always gave a pass but I'm learning that there are some drat good VNs out there