Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

not that ive seen

herculon posted:

Not the negative ones I don’t think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I swear I once sat in a healing spring and waited a few minutes for the poison to clear and it did. But then I tried it again last night, left the room, got a snack, did some chores, read a bit in a book, and came back and my guy was still poisoned lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Always choose poison when I'm guessing a trap because it's the only one where I mind getting hit by it.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

Always choose poison when I'm guessing a trap because it's the only one where I mind getting hit by it.

same here lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

good strat

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

First dungeon down. I'll start on the second town later in the week. I got all month.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yep

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I choose explosion because I remembered if it explodes in 2 you don't get the item inside. Guess you still get it here?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

I choose explosion because I remembered if it explodes in 2 you don't get the item inside. Guess you still get it here?

you still get the item

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I know I’m spending way too much time grinding to build up my weapons but it’s so satisfying

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

first dungeon done, I’m really taking my time with this one & savoring it. One of my favorite game club picks so far

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

second town is weird

got the 100% bonus when the analysis looked like this

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

second town is weird

got the 100% bonus when the analysis looked like this

weird, I figured you would need 100% on everything for that. I'm nearly done with the third area now, loving this game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

weird, I figured you would need 100% on everything for that. I'm nearly done with the third area now, loving this game

yeah me too. its still worth 100%ing everything though so you can spawn in all the town chests which are usually way better than the event rewards

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I recieved the compliments of the large scary hamster

I do not like to be the cat.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Cubone posted:

I do not like to be the cat.

in my innocence, I almost renamed the stray cat after my real cat, and a few minutes later I was very glad I hadn't

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

in my innocence, I almost renamed the stray cat after my real cat, and a few minutes later I was very glad I hadn't

I did this and regretted it soon after

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the cat is 10000x better once you get her a real weapon. i spend 30 minutes getting the bandit slingshot and now.she probably does damage faster than any teammate

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got my real copy in the mail so I might try to grind for another weapon for her in the first dungeon before I go to the second

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got my real copy in the mail so I might try to grind for another weapon for her in the first dungeon before I go to the second

best place to do it is her limited floors, if yiu just beeline to chests and escape powder out a run takes like 5-10 minutes. not bad at all

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I have to mute the tv any time I have to play as her because that same yell sound effect that plays each and every single time you fire her weapon is like a pickaxe to the brain after a few minutes

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
she also has insane text commentary when you play her

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I have to mute the tv any time I have to play as her because that same yell sound effect that plays each and every single time you fire her weapon is like a pickaxe to the brain after a few minutes

the sound effects in general are really loud and bad but shes definitely the worst lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

I named her "Horror Dog"

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Cool tribute I found to Dark Cloud's playable characters (spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mu8q6mKGL4

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

she also has insane text commentary when you play her

[insane sentence for nearly any game] That's actually Steve.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Fungah! posted:

the cat is 10000x better once you get her a real weapon. i spend 30 minutes getting the bandit slingshot and now.she probably does damage faster than any teammate
this is correct and now I love to be the cat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the macho sword pwns

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
omg they hosed up the name of the 4th town on its loading screen

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

omg they hosed up the name of the 4th town on its loading screen

lol awesome

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

stuck crossing a gap. found a cat and a potion but i can't use the potion on the cat
really not feeling this one but i'll see it through the first dungeon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

stuck crossing a gap. found a cat and a potion but i can't use the potion on the cat
really not feeling this one but i'll see it through the first dungeon

youve got to finish your house to use the potion

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

youve got to finish your house to use the potion

I got all the items but I still have question marks on it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mbt posted:

I got all the items but I still have question marks on it

Talk to your Mom to figure out what's missing and be called a retard.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

:tipshat:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Okay but what is mbt supposed to do in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Beat the game today. It definitely starts a lot stronger than it finishes, with the second last dungeon basically giving up on the city building, and the last dungeon explicitly giving up on it. The localization also starts to fall apart by the end. The bosses were never good.

Still, light action RPG + city building is such a winning combo, it feels strange to me that the only games I can name that do it are this, the sequel, and Actraiser.

By the end every time I got a new character I was filled with a sense of dread because I knew I'd have to slog through a level as them instead of blitzing through as Toan and Xiao.

Music was very good.