Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

bobvonunheil posted:

...but it's completely relevant to start talk about conspiracy theories with discussion of the actual Illuminati

No it isn't. if a journalist really does have proof of who q is they aren't going to start with a meandering and superficial summary of 14th century conspiracy theories. I like bucky but the article is not good. does ANYONE really need to read a bad history of those two books to understand this unbelivably basic point: "People like conspiracy theories becuase they are simple explanations to complex problems"? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

"If all this sounds like a “string-on-a-cork-board conspiracy”, as some seem to almost reflexively try to claim, it’s because that’s the way the world is. Everything that happens is the result of a convergence of multiple factors. Every ad that gets aired, or product that gets sold, or campaign that gets run, is the outcome of a vast “conspiracy”. Explaining anything requires looking at how the paths of its various components intersected. As Sagan said, “if you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe”.

We’re not “taking comfort” in a single identifiable villain, we’re documenting the chaotic estuary that is reality on this rock that’s hurtling through space."

If you find yourself writing something like this in the middle of your supposed "proof" of who Q is, then your evidence isn't as strong as you think it is.

Though, to be fair, it is excellent. I love this little paragraph lmao. It's too good. never change bucky

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
the sequel to loose change: loose units

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

are the headline writers at abc okay?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

are the headline writers at abc okay?

Those superstitious orientals will believe anything

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

[pacing back and forth in front of my computer, hissing and muttering, arms waving spasmodically, flecks of saliva visible at the edges of my mouth, now and then accidentally kicking over a piss bottle]

Oh, they'll read the royal commission. They'll read the royal commission. Oh, the commissioner's writing is so clear! "Such clear writing, your majesty! It didn't seem long at all! Oh, such good information!" What about Q, you think that poo poo's not important? Oh, no, democracy's not important! Nobody else can see. Nobody else can see. We'll they'll see, all right. They'll see. I'm the only one who can put the pieces together. They'll loving see. Oh, the royal commission! loving trivial poo poo. You want evidence? You want evidence???

had to actually check to see it wasn't bucky writing this

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
With the power of Geothermal Energy Z you can become or a God or a Devil

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Unbelievably cursed

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There is actually a whole thing where japanese boomers are wildly against geothermal power because they think it'll somehow gently caress up the hot springs.

To be fair given the wild incompetence of japanese energy depts and contractors I'm sure they'd find a way.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There is actually a whole thing where japanese boomers are wildly against geothermal power because they think it'll somehow gently caress up the hot springs.

To be fair given the wild incompetence of japanese energy depts and contractors I'm sure they'd find a way.

tbh I don't think I'd trust some move fast and break things geothermal power startup (the only kind of outfit which would be chosen for such things) to not somehow inexplicably cause Hokkaido to collapse into a giant sink hole either

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

i dont think there are any kaiju based on geothermal power

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Assessor of Maat posted:

tbh I don't think I'd trust some move fast and break things geothermal power startup (the only kind of outfit which would be chosen for such things) to not somehow inexplicably cause Hokkaido to collapse into a giant sink hole either

The guy they interviewed on the news was a "businessman" not a government body of some kind so I would be pretty suss

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Non Compos Mentis posted:

did you somehow not watch neon genesis

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

This is relevant to the illuminati/French rev/books, but the current order they are introduced and talked about does not establish what actually happened versus what the books say happened.

In particular, one can look at the paraphrased part that says "so when heads started to roll across the plaza, the illuminati were the prefect scape goat", and think that this is actually what happened at the time, what was actually believed at the time. It hasn't been established that this is the point of view of the books, because the books haven't been introduced to the article yet. A reader who doesn't know the FR, and is taking you at face value that this is a compete history, which you've said that this is, and you've talked about the illuminati, Bavaria, the FR in a chronological way going from earliest to latest without going backwards, they could believe that's what was actually believed at the time it was happening. It's not clear that the statement is the POV of a book written later.

It would be better served excising nearly all of the historical discussion really up to you get to people involved in Q directly. An historical discussion of popular conspiracies and a current investigation-type article about the specific Q matter are two different articles.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Spookydonut posted:

did you somehow not watch neon genesis

which ones geothermal in that? jet alone?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

this is more CC than Auspol so I won't derail with a response but it's very generous and appreciated, thanks.

Amethyst posted:

"If all this sounds like a “string-on-a-cork-board conspiracy”, as some seem to almost reflexively try to claim, it’s because that’s the way the world is. Everything that happens is the result of a convergence of multiple factors. Every ad that gets aired, or product that gets sold, or campaign that gets run, is the outcome of a vast “conspiracy”. Explaining anything requires looking at how the paths of its various components intersected. As Sagan said, “if you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe”.

We’re not “taking comfort” in a single identifiable villain, we’re documenting the chaotic estuary that is reality on this rock that’s hurtling through space."

If you find yourself writing something like this in the middle of your supposed "proof" of who Q is, then your evidence isn't as strong as you think it is.

Though, to be fair, it is excellent. I love this little paragraph lmao. It's too good. never change bucky

If I had a dollar for every time someone had posted the charlie-always-sunny.gif in response to this, I could donate a jetski to the SES. So that's why that paragraph is there. To pre-emptively respond to that response. I had a bunch of screenshots of people doing it, but took them out because it felt too much like dredging up the baggage of old drama.

I think the "everything is a convergence of multiple factors" thing came from a response to someone in here actually, so thanks thread.

EoinCannon posted:

It could be that there are no mistakes in your article and it's genuinely new information and insight but it's also boring and nobody gives a poo poo

I'm not saying I think this, it's something that I probably will read when I have the time

People give enough of a poo poo to pay these guys $125K per month.

And not only have they not covered this, they have actively turned people away from it.

So there's a genuine question for the thread - what do you think is going on there? Are they just naturally that aggressively wrong about something that's right in front of their face, or is the guy who built the nazi-radicalisation machine maybe giving them a bum steer somehow?

I genuinely don't know, which is part of why I took it out. And because casting aspersions on popular podcasters prevents people from sharing it. But the only reason I would suggest there was something fishy going on is to avoid insulting their intelligence.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In think a lot of people listen to QAA because it's light hearted entertainment most of the time. They don't really focus on who Q is as a person, but more on its (and other cults and conspiracists) effects on society.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

In think a lot of people listen to QAA because it's light hearted entertainment most of the time. They don't really focus on who Q is as a person, but more on its (and other cults and conspiracists) effects on society.

Yes but what’s going on in that twitch stream

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Bucky, I am not going to seriously assess your claims because your article is bad. I am sorry but it is. It’s a noisy word salad full of basic suppositions presented as erudition. I skimmed it and found some claims about a few 8chan losers but extracting whatever concrete claim from the morass is not worth my time. If you seriously believe you have “receipts” connecting these drongos with the likes of Flynn you can show me in 500 words instead of 40,000. Exclude all of the nonsense about how this is all happening because DNA is just information and we are all walking automatons or whatever other flat headed crankery is wandering your thoughts this particular second.

The fact that you thought “actually the world really is like a conspiracist cork board” was a strong rebuff to people accusing you of crankery tells me you are a crank. It’s what you saying! Lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

birdstrike posted:

It would be better served excising nearly all of the historical discussion really up to you get to people involved in Q directly. An historical discussion of popular conspiracies and a current investigation-type article about the specific Q matter are two different articles.

I begged you not to read my posts, I begged you!!!

I agree. At best I would bundle the pre history into their own article(s) but \o/

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

which ones geothermal in that? jet alone?

The one that lives inside the volcano

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
sweet jesus find another thread to poo poo in

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

G-Spot Run posted:

they don't want him either

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

G-Spot Run posted:

This thread is bucky’s home. He is under my protection

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Spookydonut posted:

The one that lives inside the volcano

oh yeah, i always forget about old sandy

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

One of the Godzillas (I think in vs King Ghidorah? maybe) is overheating from too much nuclear energy inside him. Thats kind of like geothermal energy.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

One of the Godzillas (I think in vs King Ghidorah? maybe) is overheating from too much nuclear energy inside him. Thats kind of like geothermal energy.

No... it's not...?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

No... it's not...?

Look

Put your Godzilla into some water, the water gets hot

Bam

Geothermal energy ok

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
HE HAS A LOT OF STEAM COMING OFF HIM BECAUSE HE IS TOO HOT, LIKE GEOTHERMAL STEAM

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
thats burning godzilla, its a nuke meltdown

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

City of Villains has a geothermal plant accidentally tap into a sealed demon and the literal mad scientist in charge decides it makes a way better power source

Figures that's what happens when you drill down between the huge rock formations shaped like horns

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

GoldStandardConure posted:

vs. Destoroyah, they suggest it's partly because of what happened in vs. Mechagodzilla II with Fire Rodan dying to juice Godzilla up and win IIRC

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 9, 2023

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

let's just post about Godzilla until bucky goes away again

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
do the ghosts of japanese ww2 soldiers count as geothermal energy? godzilla was going to get possessed by them in one movie

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I will only read Bucky's article is he puts more references to the Bananas in Pyjamas in it.

Coz the Bananas in Pyjamas are cool.

Evidence picture #1

Untill then I will continue to believe that Q is actually Daryl Somers, and Bucky is a thin skinned nutbar ranting on the internet and utterly convinced of his own unique insight.

Assessor of Maat posted:

Would Bananas in Pyjamas also be OK?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Oh that Rat in a Hat!

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

BrigadierSensible posted:

Would Bananas in Pyjamas also be OK?

I will accept this

do the ghosts of japanese ww2 soldiers count as geothermal energy? godzilla was going to get possessed by them in one movie

no, no, GMK was the ghosts of people who died in ww2 who resent japan not admitting all the war crimes merging with the defeated original Godzilla in it's own little alternate continuity, which is why King Ghidorah is playing the part of one of the four guardian monsters instead of being some evil oval office from space, and also why it's one of the more maliciously evil versions of Godzilla

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

vs. Destoroyah, they suggest it's partly because of what happened in vs. Mechagodzilla II with Fire Rodan dying to juice Godzilla up and win IIRC

I need to re-watch all of those one day, I haven't seen them since watching them late night on SBS way back in the day.

but I could just watch Kong: Skull Island and ShinGodzilla on repeat and have a much better time instead.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Assessor of Maat posted:

i went and met Godzilla in Tokyo

he is real, and strong, and is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did you know Godzilla is a metaphor for nuclear weapons?