Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

Could I get a quick primer on EV training in sumo? I bet it sucks now that there are no hoard battles. I have access to pokerus.

Allies called in SOS battles yield double EVs. Just beat them up for a bit and you'll max out your stats before you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ogmius815 posted:

Could I get a quick primer on EV training in sumo? I bet it sucks now that there are no hoard battles. I have access to pokerus.

The short version is to have Pokerus, equip the exp share; then get into an SOS battle with the appropriate Pokemon. Each chain increases the EV yield multiplicatively, so it only takes like 7 kills to max a stat.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

AlphaKretin posted:

The short version is to have Pokerus, equip the exp share; then get into an SOS battle with the appropriate Pokemon. Each chain increases the EV yield multiplicatively, so it only takes like 7 kills to max a stat.

What is the significance of using exp share?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Pokemon that receive experience because of the Exp. Share also get full EVs.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

AlphaKretin posted:

Its 7 kills if you have both pokerus and the power item for that stat.

Without the power item, it would be 63-64 kills with pokerus. Power item without pokerus is 14 kills.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I asked in the other thread but I dunno if anyone is reading it any more, does anybody have a gluttony Snorlax I could get for breeding purposes? I don't really care about IVs and moves because I can do that myself but Curse would be helpful :)

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I asked in the other thread but I dunno if anyone is reading it any more, does anybody have a gluttony Snorlax I could get for breeding purposes? I don't really care about IVs and moves because I can do that myself but Curse would be helpful :)

I've got one that I traded up from VC blue. It's male though, but you can have it if you want

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mef989 posted:

I've got one that I traded up from VC blue. It's male though, but you can have it if you want

I mean if you're willing to part with it I don't mind the tedious breeding process but I'd hate to take your only one.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ogmius815 posted:

Dienes posted:

Its 7 kills if you have both pokerus and the power item for that stat.

Without the power item, it would be 63-64 kills with pokerus. Power item without pokerus is 14 kills.

:downs: I meant a Power item, I got mixed up because I was thinking of what Bongo Bill mentioned.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I mean if you're willing to part with it I don't mind the tedious breeding process but I'd hate to take your only one.

Na, I have two so you're good to take one. I just meant that I had one extra. My FC is 0576 6045 7679 IGN Luna.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I've read people are getting banned for hacked Pokemon being transferred to Sun/Moon. There are a few shiny Pokemon I got in wonder trade that I've suspect are hacked. Is there anyway I can check if they are hacked?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Cosmog is so cute in battle and in Refresh. I kinda didn't wanna evolve it but I'm now only a Lunala away from completing the dex.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Spacebump posted:

I've read people are getting banned for hacked Pokemon being transferred to Sun/Moon. There are a few shiny Pokemon I got in wonder trade that I've suspect are hacked. Is there anyway I can check if they are hacked?

I had the impression that it was more if you have modified your save data (like Festival Plaza data, Game Sync records, etc) or have items you shouldn't be able to get yet. I think they are conscious that players may receive hacked pokemon in trade and may not even be aware of it.

If you got any items on the traded pokemon, check whether they are items that can't yet be legitimately obtained (there are only a small number of mega stones that you can legitimately have at the moment). If they are unobtainable items, throw them out (or just don't ever have your pokemon hold them when you do internet stuff). If you're really paranoid about a pokemon you could check whether its moveset is legal, and if it is shiny check what game it came from (it will say on the status screen) and whether it can legitimately be obtained shiny in that game. (Generally a number of pokemon, generally legendary pokemon, are hard-coded so they can't be shiny when obtained in a particular game. But sometimes they then go on and do distributions of shiny ones, particularly in Japan and Korea, so it may be possible anyway.)

If you got it off wonder trade and it is shiny and has good IVs/nature/ability then it probably is hacked (or at least duplicated), but it might well pass Game Freak's hack checks anyway. I don't think they're super concerned about that, they're worried about items and about players messing with the save data in ways that violates their communication system's expectations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Banning someone for using a hacked mon they got off wonder trade would be lovely considering literal kids play this, so I doubt its that. Should not expect people to make checks if something they got by legal means is actually legit, if they can check for that stuff they would just disqualify it imo.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What's a good price to look/ask for a used 3ds? I have a buddy who's dying to play the new game but doesn't have a 3ds.

Thought i'd try to help him out without breaking the bank too hard if it's possible, right now he's playing the OG Ruby/Sapphire on his phone.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
If you get a hacked 'mon on Wonder Trade they have a clearly documented log that it happened. I doubt they would ban for that. I have no doubt that they could ban if there is no associated trade with an illegal 'mon though. Same with items that are currently unobtainable. If you get it in a Wonder Trade there is literally nothing you personally did to get that impossible item.

Since this all has to do with your uploaded Game Sync save file, I'm sure they are actually checking these things before instating a ban.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Unless the stats are modded to be actually unobtainable banning is silly imo

KyleeBitkin
Jan 22, 2017

Around, and around, and around, and around...

Parrotine posted:

What's a good price to look/ask for a used 3ds? I have a buddy who's dying to play the new game but doesn't have a 3ds.

Thought i'd try to help him out without breaking the bank too hard if it's possible, right now he's playing the OG Ruby/Sapphire on his phone.

At the moment you will only find good used prices on local deals, and even then they are very high. A quick check of e-bay and amazon showed they were selling around 20-30$ less than new price, which doesn't surprise me given how popular they are. A 2DS might be a good buy for him.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aw dang, still pretty high eh? Not sure I'd go with a 2ds to be honest cause the screen is tiny

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Hey, just got a 3DS last week and been playing through Moon. Anyone, with some time and love on there hands, could trade my Phantrump back and forth, so I can evolve it? He's almost hitting lvl 50, and he's not doing so well.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

zaepg posted:

Hey, just got a 3DS last week and been playing through Moon. Anyone, with some time and love on there hands, could trade my Phantrump back and forth, so I can evolve it? He's almost hitting lvl 50, and he's not doing so well.

I can help, my FC is 1246-8882-8317, IGN is reggiegigas

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
2080 1366 1900
Paul

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I am on the plaza now

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Ok, heading there now

edit: Great thank you!

zaepg fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 27, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is there any legit way to obtain Ampharosite in GenVII, via transfer/bank shenanigans or whatever? I need that beautiful bastard for my elegant team in the worst way.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Rangpur posted:

Is there any legit way to obtain Ampharosite in GenVII, via transfer/bank shenanigans or whatever? I need that beautiful bastard for my elegant team in the worst way.

Not yet, sadly.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

zaepg posted:

Ok, heading there now

Do you want it to have Shadow Claw?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Dammit. Well, I'll keep the faith and see if I can raise a Mareep in the hopes they'll patch it in. Does anyone have a Mareep they'd be willing to parth with? Not picky about nature or IVs (unless you by some miracle have the right IVs for Hidden Power:Ice), for a Mega Ampharos I'll take care of that myself.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Rangpur posted:

Dammit. Well, I'll keep the faith and see if I can raise a Mareep in the hopes they'll patch it in. Does anyone have a Mareep they'd be willing to parth with? Not picky about nature or IVs (unless you by some miracle have the right IVs for Hidden Power:Ice), for a Mega Ampharos I'll take care of that myself.

I got a mareep the other day off GTS I can breed for you. I'm at work now though so if you still need one tonight (5pm Pacific or so) hit me up via pm and I'll get on it.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Awfully kind of you, thanks. Hopefully the IVs on these Ferroseeds will line up by then.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I was annoyed when I heard that a National Pokedex feature had been added to Bank rather than to Sun/Moon. Then I loaded up Bank and experimented and realised that you still have a National Pokedex completion in Sun/Moon... it's just that you have no way of viewing it from within Sun/Moon itself. You have to go into Bank to view it. What a strange decision.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I bet the missing mega stones won't be available until the next release. Whatever it is.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hammerite posted:

I was annoyed when I heard that a National Pokedex feature had been added to Bank rather than to Sun/Moon. Then I loaded up Bank and experimented and realised that you still have a National Pokedex completion in Sun/Moon... it's just that you have no way of viewing it from within Sun/Moon itself. You have to go into Bank to view it. What a strange decision.

I hope they actually are going to add the national dex to sunmo but have been busy with other things.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Do Return and Frustration do maximum damage in the Battle Tree, or do you have to grind out happiness for them?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Brick Shipment posted:

Do Return and Frustration do maximum damage in the Battle Tree, or do you have to grind out happiness for them?

You still have to grind out happiness, I believe. It shouldn't be too hard, honestly. If you plan on giving something Return, just cram 10 or so EV reducing berries in its mouth before you start training it.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

It's a pokemon that I've used before that's been brought through Bank, but I'll just keep it around while hatching eggs or something, no biggie.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

You still have to grind out happiness, I believe. It shouldn't be too hard, honestly. If you plan on giving something Return, just cram 10 or so EV reducing berries in its mouth before you start training it.

If you take the time to get a full set (you should) you can just feed it a berry for a stat you didn't put any EVs in at all.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I did my requisite 3 matches in the online competition to qualify for my 50 BP consolation prize.

I actually won one match, which was one more than I was expecting to win. I just tossed my in-game Mimikyu and Marowak with a Celesteela I got off the GTS. The dude I won against was utterly terrible. I'd have felt ashamed if he'd beat me. Another dude was also awful and I got him down to his last dude.

In other news, I have nearly a full box of HA Friend Ball Shroomishes with Worry Seed, Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, and Spore.

Please take them away. I have so many. I'm especially interested in any Beast Ball (refer to spreadsheet!) or HA things I'm missing (Patrat, Panpour, and Inkay). If you don't have any of those things, I will take whatever. I'll be looking to trade this weekend. Don't feel like it tonight.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

This might be a real dumb question but when the hell do the daily events reset (like battle buffet)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Reacean posted:

This might be a real dumb question but when the hell do the daily events reset (like battle buffet)?

Midnight. But if you gently caress with your system clock they'll all be locked for 24 hours.

Also, midnight means "00:00 system time". Even if you have moon.