Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/dI9lHMo.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
MBMBAM is pretty drat good, yeah. If you like their sort of humor in Monster Factory, there's quite a bit of it in MBMBAM. Griffin is an absolute treasure.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Deep Fear is incredible in its absolute incompetence on every level

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Those unity/unreal indie games overuse lighting and effects so badly. They can make decent models and textures and then slather bloom and specular shine and distortions all over until it's unbearable to look at.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cripes, that Summer Lesson segment felt like the most pointless thing ever that dragged on way longer then it needed to. I'm sure the GAF post was dumb but I can kinda agree with the premise that stuff that tries to pretend it's not sleezy/for creepers is worse then the stuff that's just shameless/straightforward.

Captain Invictus posted:

MBMBAM is pretty drat good, yeah. If you like their sort of humor in Monster Factory, there's quite a bit of it in MBMBAM. Griffin is an absolute treasure.

Don't forget Adventure Zone - which is the brothers and their dad playing a game of D&D. You don't need a deep knoweldge of D&D or tabletops to enjoy, but it can help. But you'll absolutely want to start it from the beginning.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

This was posted in the weirdest fanart thread, I figured it belonged here.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Glad that the live podcast hasn't stopped Pat and Liam from having incredibly tedious and boring non-arguments about Neogaf

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Trash site is trash, meanwhile let's enjoy Pat going "I TOLD YOU SO" about the Switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22EeGYHg31A

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What did Pat say about it? I haven't kept up with their thoughts on it

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Burkion posted:

What did Pat say about it? I haven't kept up with their thoughts on it

That it would be a TV console that converts to a handheld, which means uniting their library of games that's currently split between handheld and console.

IIRC that wasn't his original idea, and was based on leaked info or something like that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Everyone has been assuming that for over a year.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Does it really count as an "I told you so" moment when everybody's been saying the same thing?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Matt now in possession of a valuable Youtube name.

I kept imagining that story of how he got the switcher nickname with that trailer.

Also pizza chains because that logo makes me think of Pizza Hut.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Phantasium posted:

Matt now in possession of a valuable Youtube name.

I kept imagining that story of how he got the switcher nickname with that trailer.

Also pizza chains because that logo makes me think of Pizza Hut.

That kid that called Matt "the switcher!" way back in grade school or whatever was just Pat travelling back in time trying to get a good youtube name five years into their jobs, huh

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That kid that called Matt "the switcher!" way back in grade school or whatever was just Pat travelling back in time trying to get a good youtube name five years into their jobs, huh

"I didn't know it was Pat because he looked just like a little kid!"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just saw the design for the Switch controller and I'm triggered.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

I just saw the design for the Switch controller and I'm triggered.

HAHA! Triggered!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

HAHA! Triggered!

That term already went to poo poo anyway, might as well finish burying it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

That term already went to poo poo anyway, might as well finish burying it.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Oxyclean posted:

Cripes, that Summer Lesson segment felt like the most pointless thing ever that dragged on way longer then it needed to. I'm sure the GAF post was dumb but I can kinda agree with the premise that stuff that tries to pretend it's not sleezy/for creepers is worse then the stuff that's just shameless/straightforward.

I thought it was perfectly fine, the least self-righteous conversation about anime sleaze I've seen in a while.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I'm sorry I triggered you here, in the thread where "fart gas" is a punchline. Now shut the gently caress up and discuss the stupid controller or leave me the gently caress alone.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
They somehow managed to desync only the game audio in Omnikron by like 10 seconds. It's what the game deserves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

I'm sorry I triggered you here, in the thread where "fart gas" is a punchline. Now shut the gently caress up and discuss the stupid controller or leave me the gently caress alone.

please do not deflect your bad meme posting, let people tell you it was poo poo because it was poo poo and accept it

also the Switch looks rad and if it is in the 300-400 dollar range I will likely buy one

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

please do not deflect your bad meme posting, let people tell you it was poo poo because it was poo poo and accept it

I just don't want this to become posting about posters as you kindly fuckin' demonstrated. It's literally the worst poo poo in SA, I'm sorry I made the bad joke, can we move the gently caress on.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
edit: quote is not edit

actually I'll use the misquote to reiterate that I hate that controller just by looking at it. I know what they're going for but ugh.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Solitair posted:

I thought it was perfectly fine, the least self-righteous conversation about anime sleaze I've seen in a while.

Compared to their other anime-related arguments, this summer lesson segment was incredibly fine.

The Switch stuff looks dope as hell

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

no

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is this some weird brazillian ptsd you have for what's basically slightly x360 controller with nintendo buttons?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The Switch looks really neat and I hope that it's as good as I want it to be

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Is this some weird brazillian ptsd you have for what's basically slightly x360 controller with nintendo buttons?

I don't think that's even lightly x360, it just looks ungainly and bulky - mind you, I think I hate most controllers for Nintendo stuff since the SNES. The concept is cool tho, I haven't seen anything about the specs but it has promise.

Ah, and this is how I came into contact with the controller for the first time:

https://t.co/CixO0BVzZz

Guess the 9gag rubbed off on me too, sorry if that was actually offensive to some of you. Just low on patience between real and internet life.

Dias fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 20, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I was crying with laughter at this

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
You can just hear the gears in Woolie's head creak every turn in the latest Megaman.

Christ this is getting hard to watch.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, I haven't been saying anything but their stubbornness on not reading the help menu is downright painful.
They get through like... 4 random battles in 1 episode, half of which is spent trying to figure out basic mechanics. They're underleveled and don't understand poo poo. And worst of all they know it's that bad to watch considering the viewcount jokes.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Dias posted:

I don't think that's even lightly x360, it just looks ungainly and bulky - mind you, I think I hate most controllers for Nintendo stuff since the SNES. The concept is cool tho, I haven't seen anything about the specs but it has promise.

Ah, and this is how I came into contact with the controller for the first time:

https://t.co/CixO0BVzZz

Guess the 9gag rubbed off on me too, sorry if that was actually offensive to some of you. Just low on patience between real and internet life.

There's a pro controller that looks more like a 360 thing. Although the joy-con shell (the one you linked) is probably what's gonna be in the box.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie marking out from the fake Baiken stills is the most interesting thing in this second VR video, lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CaptainFish posted:

There's a pro controller that looks more like a 360 thing. Although the joy-con shell (the one you linked) is probably what's gonna be in the box.

That one I'm okay with, which is usually the story with Nintendo controllers and me. I get their idea with the shell but much like the gamepad I wouldn't be stoked to play on that for extended amounts of time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

HGH posted:

Yeah, I haven't been saying anything but their stubbornness on not reading the help menu is downright painful.
They get through like... 4 random battles in 1 episode, half of which is spent trying to figure out basic mechanics. They're underleveled and don't understand poo poo. And worst of all they know it's that bad to watch considering the viewcount jokes.

I'm glad I checked out after the first episode.

I really wish Woolie/Liam LPs were better than they are. I like both of them, but oof. Other than Guacamelee and the FF8 one-shot, their LPs together tend to either be painful or just fall flat on their face.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Dias posted:

That one I'm okay with, which is usually the story with Nintendo controllers and me. I get their idea with the shell but much like the gamepad I wouldn't be stoked to play on that for extended amounts of time.

They also show just using each half in your hand almost like a Wii remote and nunchuk combo on the Wii, except without the cable. Depending on how the Joy-cons feel (not sure how comfortable they'd be for extended use in a vertical grip) that might be my ideal use case. I really liked that scheme on the wii, because something about your hands being free to move felt good, and the Switch looks like it'll fix the only two issues i had, which were a lack of buttons and an unequal distribution of buttons on each hand.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
What if the JoyCons are secretly a new GunCon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CaptainFish posted:

They also show just using each half in your hand almost like a Wii remote and nunchuk combo on the Wii, except without the cable. Depending on how the Joy-cons feel (not sure how comfortable they'd be for extended use in a vertical grip) that might be my ideal use case. I really liked that scheme on the wii, because something about your hands being free to move felt good, and the Switch looks like it'll fix the only two issues i had, which were a lack of buttons and an unequal distribution of buttons on each hand.

God, same. Xenoblade Chronicles was amazing to play like that, i'm super ready for across the board lounging gaming.