Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm gonna make salt and pepper wings this weekend. What should I eat with em? I have green beans in the fridge I could use up, as well as a pile of chinese/viet/korean grocers within spitting distance.

Was thinking maybe the Chinese smashed cucumbers with black vinegar and some other veg and steamed rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
If you wanna go all out on irresponsible but delicious I recommend German potato salad.

I can vouch for this recipe being extremely good https://www.fivehearthome.com/german-potato-salad/

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Doom Rooster posted:

What about people who cook steaks well done?

We ask them politely, yet firmly to leave.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

EVG posted:

We ask them politely, yet firmly to leave.

:hfive:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Casu Marzu posted:

I'm gonna make salt and pepper wings this weekend. What should I eat with em? I have green beans in the fridge I could use up, as well as a pile of chinese/viet/korean grocers within spitting distance.

Was thinking maybe the Chinese smashed cucumbers with black vinegar and some other veg and steamed rice.

You got any white miso? Make the miso green beans from several pages ago. Char a pound or so of green beans with a little oil and salt, then toss them with a couple tablespoons of white miso, a couple crushed garlic cloves, a couple tablespoons of lemon or lime juice, and a tablespoon of honey. Probably make the sauce beforehand and taste it first. It's pretty easy.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Doom Rooster posted:

What about people who cook steaks well done?

we teach em to make cheesesteaks, or fajitas, or chop suey, or any of the myriad other ways to enjoy the taste of crispy browned beef without having to break out the sawzall

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Seriously, everyone who asks for a well done steak would probably be happier with a chopped steak instead. That way you can cook it grey and crispy but still have enough fat to keep it juicy and tender.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

we can also give em the end pieces

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

OMGVBFLOL posted:

we can also give em the end pieces

You know burnt ends are amazing once I finally tried them

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Liquid Communism posted:

Seriously, everyone who asks for a well done steak would probably be happier with a chopped steak instead. That way you can cook it grey and crispy but still have enough fat to keep it juicy and tender.

It's like doing carne asada. Grill really thin pieces really hot with good seasoning. As soon as you take the "steak" concept out of doing beef, well done becomes something legit and good.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Resting Lich Face posted:

Hell yeah GWS is the bomb. It's why I stopped lurking.

That's right. It's your guys' fault.

I don't even post that much any more and I know more about a lot of these cats' lives than I do about a lot of family members.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
In GWS, these are your family members.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Speaking of "family"

Miss Manners posted:

we have one family member, an older woman, who acts like a spoiled toddler at the table: making faces, gagging and spitting out any food that is not to her taste, then loudly announcing the specific reasons she does not care for the food, and what I should have made instead.

She has even gone as far as to remove family favorites from the table, throwing plates full of food in the trash, yelling that she is protecting everybody else from “being made ill by that horrible slop!”

I think we'd just bury these kinds of people out back and never speak of them again...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

toplitzin posted:

Speaking of "family"

I think we'd just bury these kinds of people out back and never speak of them again...

Seat them at the kids table and make them a hot dog

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hey guys

I put some pig feet and hocks and some shitake mushrooms into a big pot and boiled them for 24 hours.

Just thought I'd share.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

CommonShore posted:

Hey guys

I put some pig feet and hocks and some shitake mushrooms into a big pot and boiled them for 24 hours.

Just thought I'd share.

Pics of resulting brain jello plz

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Suspect Bucket posted:

Pics of resulting brain jello plz

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Super gross looking.

You should just get rid of it. I'll take it off your hands for free as a favor :ninja:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Not sure how many tens of dozens of cookies I've been baking, but my stand mixer made an unfortunate sound and seemed to stop. I finished that batch by hand and haven't had the heart to check it again. I knew Stanley wasn't well, but it may finally be time to put him down.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It's probably that one sacrificial gear that just has to be replaced

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

What is this - or rather, what is it used for? Is it a pork and mushroom stock, or....?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EVG posted:

What is this - or rather, what is it used for? Is it a pork and mushroom stock, or....?

I made it for a hot pot dinner party, and now the leftovers are becoming a few bowls of ramen.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

do the mushrooms add body too, or just flavor?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Mushrooms add umami, and if you're using dried, they can thicken a dish by virtue of just soaking up liquid.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

OMGVBFLOL posted:

do the mushrooms add body too, or just flavor?

Yeah they add both, though the earthy flavour is the more important part to me. I probably threw 20 dried shitakes into the pot which had two split pigs feet and two pork hocks? I add kelp, too, when I have it, which I didn't.

It's already in my belly, so no pic, but I dished some up today with garlic sausage, gai lan, carrot, scallion and round noodles, seasoned with fish sauce and that bonito soy sauce soup base. No home made noodles, because I'm lazy, alas, but I put some soft packaged longzhou round noodles in there. I'm sipping the extra broth right now and it's thick like hot chocolate.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The boyfriend needs constant feeding, but he's easily satisfied by canned tuna. I got some canned chicken to mix it up a bit. Does anyone have some good recipes that use it? I was thinking chicken salad, but that's obvious.

He's just eating it out of the can the monster

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Is your boyfriend a cat

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

The boyfriend needs constant feeding, but he's easily satisfied by canned tuna. I got some canned chicken to mix it up a bit. Does anyone have some good recipes that use it? I was thinking chicken salad, but that's obvious.

mine loves both of these

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

expecting someone to mother you and have sex with you should legally count as incest imo

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Make a Waldorf salad and add the canned chicken to it

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Throw it in some brunswick stew, make literally any kind of salad (I recommend a greek pasta salad with kalamata olives, red onions, feta, and artichoke hearts) or just turn it into chili

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Democratic Pirate posted:

Is your boyfriend a cat

Some kind of tiger I think

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Coasterphreak posted:

Throw it in some brunswick stew, make literally any kind of salad (I recommend a greek pasta salad with kalamata olives, red onions, feta, and artichoke hearts) or just turn it into chili

Yeah! Also panzanella if you have a good crusty bread. Chicken tetrazzini and buffalo chicken dip if you're feeling even more carbacious

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah! Also panzanella if you have a good crusty bread. Chicken tetrazzini and buffalo chicken dip if you're feeling even more carbacious

Ooh, never even heard of panzanella. I can get good day olds from my local bakery. Tetrazzini sounds right up my alley though. Might sub in cauliflower for the pasta, as we're both trying to slim down. That's why he's eating so much tuna, it stops him from going out and grabbing takeout. We're both making good progress.

Edit: It's cold and windy and blagh out, deffo casserole today

Oh, you found his LinkedIn profile

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 18, 2019

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Chicken tetrazzini relevant video:

https://youtu.be/_RZxbKvD1YQ

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i had some peppers fermenting on the counter for a few weeks. today i shook em up and blended em with some of the brine. this is some funky hot sauce, especially considering it's just jalapenos, peppercorns, and garlic. it smells kinda like soy sauce and has a kinda background yeasty flavor. yum

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What are people making for Christmas lunch/dinner? My family's looking for recommendations and I wanted to recommend something that wasn't just a bird or ham. We'll be in Florida, so grilling is an option.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

tritip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pollyanna posted:

What are people making for Christmas lunch/dinner? My family's looking for recommendations and I wanted to recommend something that wasn't just a bird or ham. We'll be in Florida, so grilling is an option.

Grilled Lobster Tails with olive oil and lemon. Butterfly mayport shrimp. Whole grilled porgy. Smoked Mullet. Clams. All good Florida things. A sprig of rosemary and some chopped pimentos and it's XMAS BAYBEEEEE.