Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

He says that car has 600 horsepower and goes 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. A Carrera GT also has 600 horsepower and goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. What makes the Audi nearly twice as fast? Is it just that much lighter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
The cgt is rwd and has a somewhat finicky clutch.

Something awd with a fancy transmission and launch control is going to be much faster off the line.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Also probably tyres?

Meanwhile, I saw this terrible thing on this internet. Hopefully not here. Front half is a Holden Rodeo and the back half is chopped Mistu Magna.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

tobu posted:

Also probably tyres?

Meanwhile, I saw this terrible thing on this internet. Hopefully not here. Front half is a Holden Rodeo and the back half is chopped Mistu Magna.

I have a hx tonner and a hosed magna, If I bolt one to the other does that make me cool too?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

bend posted:

hosed magna

No need to repeat yourself.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sagebrush posted:

He says that car has 600 horsepower and goes 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. A Carrera GT also has 600 horsepower and goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. What makes the Audi nearly twice as fast? Is it just that much lighter?

Its a whole bunch of things. Its the transmission and gear ratio, the tyres, the weight, the AWD, the anti-lag completely loving with the power curve, the aero and that probably sky high redline.

Rally cars are built to get to certain speeds as fast as they can.

The Careera GT is much more a grand tourer built more for the Autobahn than rapid acceleration and deceleration.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Rally cars are built to get to certain speeds as fast as they can.
It's not even a rally car, it's a rallycross car. The circuits are very small and tight, so it'll be geared down to gently caress.

Rallycross is basically where every non-museum-piece group B car in the UK ended up, and then they modified the hell out of them because they weren't anywhere near fast enough for what they wanted. It's the motorsport equivalent of "I used console commands to gently caress around with stuff in a racing game".

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

clam ache posted:

My thought exactly. Put the oem 7 spokes painted black and I would daily that thing and take it to the track.

No, you wouldn't.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

No, you wouldn't.

Amazeballs. You act as if you know me. Cause surely my posting over the internet is your way to gaze into my soul

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

clam ache posted:

Amazeballs. You act as if you know me. Cause surely my posting over the internet is your way to gaze into my soul

refer to the red text and carry on

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

refer to the red text and carry on

Yeah it doesn't show on the awful app. I'll just add another butthurtgoon to the ignore list.

Edit: it does show on the awful app. And lol a DSM kid. He's probably upset becAuse his lip ring got caught on his can of monster which then spilled all over his vape dong.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

clam ache posted:

Yeah it doesn't show on the awful app. I'll just add another butthurtgoon to the ignore list.

Edit: it does show on the awful app. And lol a DSM kid. He's probably upset becAuse his lip ring got caught on his can of monster which then spilled all over his vape dong.

He's been like that since way before vaping, and I'd say mid 30s instead of kid.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He's 50 years old and mad as hell that he can't drive a proper car in geobaskets 😔

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tobu posted:

Also probably tyres?

That is awful :stonk:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

You Am I posted:

That is awful :stonk:

Business in the front, poverty in the rear.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
FD owners, is this something I have to look forward to very often?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just put Ferrari badges on it and you'll be fine.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

clam ache posted:

Who are you again? Also you say amazeballs. lol.

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 5, 2016

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ahh. Hmm. Guess it's time to burn my neighborhood down.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It'd be funnier if they had a Child On Board sticker.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

DefaultPeanut posted:

FD owners, is this something I have to look forward to very often?

I'm known locally as the guy with all the Miata's...
:cripes:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

shirts and skins posted:

Ahh. Hmm. Guess it's time to burn my neighborhood down.

Just down the road from where you spotted this one (Falls Church) was a Wrangler with the NUK IRN plate for a while. Guess somebody made them change it, though. Of course it was the Gadsden.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

glynnenstein posted:

Just down the road from where you spotted this one (Falls Church) was a Wrangler with the NUK IRN plate for a while. Guess somebody made them change it, though. Of course it was the Gadsden.

That could be the same guy who had an older Sentra with the Gadsden flag license plate END A21 (if you don't get the reference) and worked at the Arlington County gov't building.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WWQPXo4PQ

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I love YouTube annotations that take up the whole screen and never go away unless you click them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

I love YouTube annotations that take up the whole screen and never go away unless you click them.

It's really the best part of the video because it prevents you from watching it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

You can permanently(*) disable annotations in YouTube settings if you're logged in.

(*) until YouTube pushes an update that re-enables them for everyone. :argh:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

xzzy posted:

It's really the best part of the video because it prevents you from watching it.

There are no annotations on mobile. I saw everything.... it is like they are asking for people to make fun of them

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Click for big

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Gran Autismo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:perfect:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:golfclap:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Megabound posted:

Click for big

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Megabound posted:

Click for big

This appears just to be a worn Silvia?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Perfection.

Also I want to steal that car and fix it and treat it nicely, I would give it a better home.

*cue sarah mclachlan music*

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

One of the only non-anime stickers is ska related because of course it is.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

:drat:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Previa_fun posted:

You say that like Ska is bad...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

A good point, well made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Previa_fun posted:

Friends don't let friends listen to ska.