Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

admanb posted:

K-Wings look rad.

They look like something, all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

admanb posted:

K-Wings look rad.

You misspelled bad there bro

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I love the Power Glove K-Wing. It's so bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

AndyElusive posted:

I love the Power Glove K-Wing. It's so bad.

Holy poo poo, that's a reference I didn't expect to see.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

My friend and I were chatting about the wooden starship, which led to the K-wing and how terrible it looked, which got us talking on what would look suitably better for the same role, which turned into the P-50->XP-82->P-61 Black Widow. Imagine how cool of a ship if we had gotten that instead. :negative: I say "instead", even though the K-wing was just initially a throwaway ship in a comic book panel. This thing could conceivably drop have a small bomb bay like a y-wing and have the front cone replaced with a chin turret and would own.

I would love to fly the closest thing to the sea duck from tailspin in xwing.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003
Rebel Transport is $26 on Amazon but only if you agree that the K-Wing is sweet and cool

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Transport-Expansion/dp/1616616741/

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

saint gerald posted:

Rebel Transport is $26 on Amazon but only if you agree that the K-Wing is sweet and cool

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Transport-Expansion/dp/1616616741/

Shows $56 for me :(

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

he told you the conditions

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

he told you the conditions

I've always liked how the K-Wing looked.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

ConfusedUs posted:

Looks like the supplier with the discount sold out.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003
All y'all clearly lack faith in the design superiority of the K-Wing.

edit: showing as 12 in stock for me right now.

saint gerald fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 20, 2017

head58
Apr 1, 2013

It's actually on secret Canadian Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1616616741/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So I ended up getting the VCX-1000, because the rebels tv show. My goal was to stuff as much of the cast into my list as possible, so I made this crappy list:

Rebels! (100 Pts)
Hera (VCX-1000) - 53 Pts
Dorsal Turret, Accuracy Corrector, Shield upgrade, Ezra Bridger, "Chopper", Ghost title

Zeb (Attack Shuttle) - 18 Pts
Dorsal Turret, Phantom Title

Captain Rex (Tie Fighter) - 26 Pts
Stealth Device, Sabine's Masterpiece, Sabine Wren, EMP Device, Cluster Mines

I flew in my first game against a rebel swarm of 5-6 ships (2 zs, 2xs (and 1 more z or x I think), and a B). Hera flew into the swarm and EMPed, but it didn't really help me much. the VCX tried to dive in the middle and they shot down with focus fire one of the Zs, and badly injured a few of the others before they chewed through ghost's shields. (Someone told me later that I could have ejected the phantom on explosion, taking 1 damage). The Tie planted it's mines right in the center of where everyone was headed.. and the exploded.

I forgot once to use the shuttle title for the double attack, and kept using Rex's abillity which really didn't help.

Later on I switched things around (Replaced the tie with a blue rookie T-70 with BB8 and Accuracy corrector on the VCX for advanced sensors)

The second match was against a tie mini-swarm (2 interceptors including soontir, a basic tie and a test pilot in the adv. prototype). I did quite a bit better, being able to pick off each of the ships. It might have been the rolls overall being better, but I think a lot of it was the T70 being getting use than the Tie fighter.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How does Gunner interact with the Ghost, Phantom and TLT? Can you TLT and hit three times, miss the last TLT shot, then use Gunner?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How does Gunner interact with the Ghost, Phantom and TLT? Can you TLT and hit three times, miss the last TLT shot, then use Gunner?

You have to miss both TLT shots in a volley to trigger gunner.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

So I missed out on that Rebel Transport flash sale from yesterday, which is kind of a bummer. But I have to ask: what is the point of even fielding a Rebel Transport? It has no hardpoints on it, so you can't slap turbolasers on it. As far as I can see, it's just a giant sitting duck.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

You have to miss both TLT shots in a volley to trigger gunner.

They FAQd that long ago didn't they? Each TLT shot used to be a separate attack, maybe.

IronSaber posted:

So I missed out on that Rebel Transport flash sale from yesterday, which is kind of a bummer. But I have to ask: what is the point of even fielding a Rebel Transport? It has no hardpoints on it, so you can't slap turbolasers on it. As far as I can see, it's just a giant sitting duck.

I've seen two games of epic played in my year and a half of this game so not really anyone plays it. The Transport is basically a big sitting duck like you said but it provides support. You can remove tokens from enemies, turn cargo slots into Torpedoes and Missiles, and other such things. I think it has the Coordinate action as well? Generally, the epic ships die really fast and aren't worth it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They FAQd that long ago didn't they? Each TLT shot used to be a separate attack, maybe.

The timing chart clears it up. Gunner triggers after both cycles of the attack, so you'd have to miss both shots to trigger it.

Also, in case you guys missed it, the term "game effect" was clarified in the big nerf FAQ. It just got overlooked because, well, that FAQ was insane.

quote:

What are examples of game effects that instruct a player to spend a target lock?

The cost for a secondary weapon such as Proton Torpedoes, using pilot abilities like Lieutenant Colzet, or spending a target lock during the "Modify Attack Dice" step to reroll attack dice are all examples of spending a target lock. Removing a target lock or assigning a blue target lock token to another ship are not examples of spending a target lock

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

IronSaber posted:

The main thing is that it comes bundled with some very good X-Wing pilots, including Wedge's best buddy Wes Janson. It's also got some good astromech upgrades. The transport itself will almost certainly never reach the table, unfortunately.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The main thing is that it comes bundled with some very good X-Wing pilots, including Wedge's best buddy Wes Janson. It's also got some good astromech upgrades. The transport itself will almost certainly never reach the table, unfortunately.

Yeah you buy the transport for the X-Wing pilots and the astromechs.

That's why I won't buy it until it's less than $30.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

So... it's just a giant paperweight? That's pretty disappointing.

Looks cool, at least.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

Also, in case you guys missed it, the term "game effect" was clarified in the big nerf FAQ. It just got overlooked because, well, that FAQ was insane.

Pretty cool, Targeting Synchronizer is now officially Shara Bey's pilot ability in a tech slot.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Pretty cool, Targeting Synchronizer is now officially Shara Bey's pilot ability in a tech slot.

Essentially, yes. Plus it lets friendlies launch their munitions without spending a lock.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I will say that if I ever do play Epic, I fully intend to bring it and have my entire strategy be to ram as many TIE fighters as I can before it explodes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

IronSaber posted:

Looks cool, at least.

I got one for cheap a while ago and it's pretty cool. The campaign it comes with is pretty good and you can get some insane regeneration if you use the right upgrades. Plus it's the lowest point total epic ship.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

Essentially, yes. Plus it lets friendlies launch their munitions without spending a lock.

I don't think so.

When a friendly ship at Range 1-2 is attacking a ship you have locked, the friendly ship treats the "Attack (target lock): header as "Attack:." If a game effect instructs that ship to spend a target lock, it may spend your target lock instead.

So the ship attacking doesn't need their own lock, but if the munitions card says to spend a lock (like Proton Torpedoes), they must spend either their own or the TS ship's lock.

Also, the best repaint from Naboo

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

The timing chart clears it up. Gunner triggers after both cycles of the attack, so you'd have to miss both shots to trigger it.

Nah that only got updated last night, along with fixing the wording for Palp.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The way it works is this: During the combat phase you can TLT or Primary. If you miss with the primary or with BOTH TLT shots, you can trigger Gunner to attack again with your primary. If you do, you disable the Ghost tile extra turret attack. If not, you can take the extra turret attack, getting BOTH TLT shots, and if you miss with BOTH TLT shots you can then use Gunner.

Gunner is probably not worth it on the Ghost.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

IronSaber posted:

Looks cool, at least.

I've used it multiple times in Epic and it's a great support ship that can ram smaller things off the board.

Epic is fun, do try it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I will say that if I ever do play Epic, I fully intend to bring it and have my entire strategy be to ram as many TIE fighters as I can before it explodes.

I prefer the Gozanti for this. You can Tokyo drift through an enemy formation, then drop your TIEs where theirs used to be.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna try to run this:

Ezra Bridger (20)
Rage (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Inspiring Recruit (1)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Captain Rex (14)

Jess Pava (25)
M9-G8 (3)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Or maybe this, with Tarn instead of Biggs:

Captain Rex (14)

Tarn Mison (23)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R7 Astromech (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Jess Pava (25)
M9-G8 (3)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Ezra Bridger (20)
Rage (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Inspiring Recruit (1)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

The goal is to make a list where every ship is hard to kill, the loss of any one ship doesn't kill the list, and overall still has reliable damage output.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You're using a TIE Figher, your list is automatically not all hard to kill.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

You're using a TIE Figher, your list is automatically not all hard to kill.

Rex is there to draw aggro and further gently caress up the target priority.

The two hardest to kill (Jess and Ezra) are probably also going to be the last ones on the board. I'm OK with this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Also, the best repaint from Naboo

Welp, this is now my new head canon.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Smashing ships with epics on purpose is actually a lot more difficult to do than how it might seem on paper and it has a lot to do with how epic ships move. It's more likely that someone will collide into you than the other way around. Also, side note: The potential damage to you is lessened if you're getting rammed by large base ships because when you collide with large base ships, you roll 2 attack die and suffer any hits/crits instead of just one for small base ships, but if they collide into you, it's just one attack die for each ship all across the board.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 21, 2017

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Is there a program for generating these or are they made with Photoshop + template?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I made something, just cus I've been running them a lot lately. Will probably put it on a t-shirt or something!

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

That's really cool!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

I made something, just cus I've been running them a lot lately. Will probably put it on a t-shirt or something!

That is super rad.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Anybody know what that Wookie De havilland mosquito is supposed to do what role is it supposed to have?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

tankfish posted:

Anybody know what that Wookie De havilland mosquito is supposed to do what role is it supposed to have?

Well we only have the stats for the generic right now, but if nothing else it'll be a tough SOB and I fully intend to fly two of them with Tail Gunner so I can fly around doing drive-bys.

Edit: Statline is 3 1 6 3, 2 crew slots, Focus and Reinforce actions (Reinforce is from Epic, basically gives you a free evade result on each defense roll that round with some caveats), and 24 points for the PS1 generic. It's also got a 180 degree forward firing arc similar to the YV-666.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Here's an imgur gallery someone posted on reddit showing the new C-ROC and Wave 11 at the Hoth Open: https://imgur.com/gallery/FebkY

• Locked thread