Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Welcome to the Mazda CX-5 recommendation station.

The core of the market you're in are the Rav 4, CR-V, and CX-5. The CX-50 appears to be just fine and can probably be recommended ahead of the CX-5 at this point although it's a fairly new model with the reliability and maintenance impacts that come with that (but it's just a big Mazda 3 so it's probably fine).

Hybrids you'll be looking at Rav 4 and CR-V. Availability is rough in these because everyone wants a hybrid. Things are getting better but get ready to wait or pay extra depending on your local market.

You should look at your driving habits and do an analysis of gas savings even if you want to default hybrid as a better environmental choice. The money you save by not paying hybrid premiums can be reapplied to pro-ecologic projects for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Porfiriato posted:

Help me AI, it's been literally 15 years since I last bought a new car and I feel like I am totally out of the loop for current best practices as far as shopping for a new car and not getting ripped off at a dealer (or elsewhere).

Proposed Budget: $40-45k as a ceiling but less is definitely fine
New or Used: New, unless there's a recent used model that would be a standout bargain
Body Style: small to midsize SUV/crossover
How will you be using the car?: mostly city driving with 0-3 passengers, hauling stuff around that would usually fit in the back of an SUV (ie don't need an open truck bed), occasional and possibly unscheduled roadtrips
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, cost of fuel/maintenance, environmental responsibility

I have been eyeing PHEV models in particular. Ford has the Escape which can run all-electric for short distances and qualifies for the EV tax credit, so I've been looking at that, but I don't know if it's a good model or if the tax credit is worth it vs just buying a cheaper vehicle. I would consider all-electric except for the "unscheduled roadtrips" part since they would be work-related and not going on them would not be an option.

Hyundai and Kia have some reasonably priced options but I gather that their recent (pre-2022) cars are trivial to break into and currently account for a ridiculously high percentage of stolen cars, and I'm a little worried that even if they've fixed the problem your average thief is not going to be smart enough to realize my car isn't one of the stealable ones until after they've already smashed my window and cracked my steering column.

How badly do you want a PHEV? The only PHEV that's going to match your "reliability" priority is the RAV4 Prime, and those are really hard to get and expensive. People trying to buy them end up doing multi-state searches just to find a car. I agree with the other posters saying "Get a $30k Mazda CX50 and just pocket the savings."

We have a Kia Niro PHEV that we like a lot, but it's significantly cheaper than your budget and probably smaller than you're looking for. We had a specific ergonomic problem with the RAV4 that ruled it out for us, but I guess everyone else seems OK with it. When you have the front seats moved up to make room for rear-facing baby seats, the front headroom is awful for the passenger. I have no idea how people get in or out of a RAV4 without bumping their heads, the seats are just way too high up and your head is shoved into the headliner. At the time we were looking, only the top trims had a passenger seat that was adjustable up or down, even manually. We looked at a ton of cars, and the RAV4 was the only one that just outright didn't fit us, which is hilarious because it's not only the biggest car we looked at but also one of the best selling cars in the US. We're not even super tall, my wife and I are both 6 feet.

Also, you mentioned the tax credit. If you want to get the tax credit on non-US makes like the RAV4 Prime or Kia PHEVs / EVs, you have to lease the car and then immediately buy it out. Plenty of dealers are amenable to this because a sale is a sale, you just have to make sure the lease doesn't have any early buyout penalties.

If you do get over your Kia aversion, we really do like our Niro PHEV and it's gotten a little bigger and better since ours. The adaptive cruise control on it is pretty good, the interior has held up to kid abuse better than I expected, and it remains really efficient. The trunk is pretty small, though! Easier to recommend at the $24k after tax credit than we paid vs what all cars cost now.

Edit: It's not just me! I googled and apparently there's a lot of people surprised that passengers over 6' can't sit in a RAV4!!!
https://old.reddit.com/r/rav4club/comments/nof7jv/my_husband_is_tall_and_doesnt_fit_into_my/

quote:

My husband is 6'4" and has a long torso. I didn't take him along for my test drive since he was working a 48 hour shift, I just assumed he would fit in a mid sized SUV. Turns out he's too tall for the passenger seat and his head hits on the ceiling. Has anyone had success knocking some height off that seat? He needs another inch.

Thanks!

Edit to clarify: this is a 2021 model that has no passenger height adjustment. I have already checked the owners manual and the seat height does not adjust. I'm looking into aftermarket modifications to make it an inch or so shorter.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 24, 2023

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I missed OP was looking at PHEVs. The last rumor I heard on the RAV4 prime is it's wait-listed 2+ years of production in most markets.

I really hate PHEVs because they are so laser specific. OPs pattern almost qualifies but a PHEV use case really needs reliable and predictable medium range trips to consider so "I have a work trip sometimes, maybe" will be often better economically and ecologically served by going for all electric and renting a gas car.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

zedprime posted:

I really hate PHEVs because they are so laser specific. OPs pattern almost qualifies but a PHEV use case really needs reliable and predictable medium range trips to consider so "I have a work trip sometimes, maybe" will be often better economically and ecologically served by going for all electric and renting a gas car.

Thanks for the recommendations so far. We currently don't own a car at all but are moving/changing jobs to where we will need at least one. I was considering just buying an electric as a primary vehicle and a cheap used gas car as the secondary/trip car, but wasn't sure it made sense with the extra insurance costs. Just renting a gas car as needed could be something to think about.

As I mentioned, we're moving to a new area so it's difficult to know exactly what our daily driving habits will be. But it feels like we're at the range of short-ish commuter trips that could usually/mostly fall in the electric-only range of a PHEV, with longer trips in the metro area/occasional work trips that would need something more. So it felt like a one-size-fits-all solution, but I'm definitely not stuck on the idea of a PHEV and nothing else.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If you are not already on a list to get a RAV-4 Prime, you pretty much are not getting one this generation unless you spend all your time trying to track one down. They are sold out for years, all at MSRP+.

While a PHEV is on paper very appealing, the price premium is crazy and buys a lot of gas. And spending $50k+ on a RAV4 of any kind is equally nuts.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Proposed Budget: $40k or less. Way less is fine.
New or Used: Either
Body Style: Small truck
How will you be using the car?: Occasionally hauling garden poo poo. Once a month driving to small trips to cities with 3 dudes for a weekend trip. Otherwise, normal stuff.
What aspects are most important to you? Not much. Mainly that it can haul some stuff and be good for road trips.

I took this thread’s advice 5 years ago to just Buy a Prius and it’s been working out great. I just hit 255k on a 2010. Unfortunately, the hybrid battery is probably dead. I’m probably going to replace it for now, but the old lady and I have been thinking about getting a truck, and the Maverick seems a good match for our price range + use case…good mpg, seems to seat 4 fine, seems fairly reliable so far.

We’re thinking about also looking at the Santa Cruz and Ridgeline, but the MPG seems a lot worse and they’re more expensive I believe. What’s this thread’s thoughts on the Maverick? I don’t mind waiting if needed. I know they’ve been hard to find.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Are you trying to replace the Prius with a truck, or are you adding a truck that only gets used to do truck things?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I wanted to thank y'all for your help. After shopping around and talking to my bank I think I'm finally ready to sit down and get my Prius. I was thinking about ordering it on Carvana though, since none of the local dealerships have ANYTHING close to what I want for years/mileage/budget, but there's a handful there. Does anyone have any experience with Carvana? I work in logistics and we ship some of their vehicles every now and then so I'm aware of it from that end, but I don't know much about the customer end.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

They are going to be, on average, more expensive. I'm sure that's not a surprise: you pay for convenience.

They have also had many issues with after-sale paperwork like getting titles to the new owners. Things that have gone on long enough that cars could not longer be driven because temp tags had expired with no way to get permanent tags, etc. Typical move fast and break things company.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

I bought a 2014 VW Jetta Sportswagen TDI from Carvana two years ago and it was super simple. Didn't even have the title issues a lot of people in Florida did. Sure, it wasn't the best deal, but for the amount of effort I had to outlay it was perfect.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Are you trying to replace the Prius with a truck, or are you adding a truck that only gets used to do truck things?

Yeah, replacing the Prius with a truck. We went and looked at Mavericks today, but it didn't jump out at me as something that I oh-my-God-have-to-get-this-second. So I'm probably just going to replace the battery and put Carplay in it and try to drive it until we're ready to drop 40k on a truck.

The rest of the Prius is in fine condition, so the truck is really more of a luxury. Plenty of other ways to spend that money at the moment.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

seems fairly reliable so far.

I mean, it's Ford so who the gently caress knows what they manage to do, but the mechanicals of the Maverick are the same that's been in the Escape for a few years now. I'd expect reasonably good reliability.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

skipdogg posted:

I would buy a RAV4 Hybrid. I'm a huge Ford homer and I wouldn't buy an Escape. I'm sure they're a fine car but there is no reason not to buy the Toyota.

I mean, not being able to actually buy one is a pretty good reason.

What’s wrong with the Escape hybrid?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

smackfu posted:

I mean, not being able to actually buy one is a pretty good reason.

What’s wrong with the Escape hybrid?

There's nothing wrong with the Escape Hybrid to my current knowledge. I just think there is no compelling reason to buy one when the Rav4 Hybrid exists. MSRP on them is going to be pretty close on comparably equipped vehicles so it's not a situation where the Escape is way less expensive. I'm sure the Escape is a fine vehicle. I've owned 11 Ford's and counting so far in my life, and I've been happy with all of them. Now if the Escape was 5K less than the Toyota, definitely go with the Escape. Ford's hybrid powertrain from what I know is pretty solid. The RAV4 is just the gold standard in the segment and if you're paying the same money you might as well buy the Toyota.

RAV4 Hybrids are getting easier to find. One of my local dealers has 3 on the lot at MSRP, and 15 more in transit or being built. Maybe you wait a month or two for a color or trim you really want, but they're out there and obtainable (unlike the Rav4 prime)

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Motronic posted:

They are going to be, on average, more expensive. I'm sure that's not a surprise: you pay for convenience.

It's so weird because I expected that, but it wasn't the case. I was looking at Prius', Civics, and Mazda 3's, and my requirement was that it had to be 2020 or newer with ~40k miles or less. There were two Toyota dealerships in my area, one Honda, and one Mazda one. Toyota dealership 1 had exactly one Prius (2023) with zero information listed on their inventory website (no mileage, price, anything), Toyota dealership 2 also only had one Prius (2023), didn't list the mileage, but did have it for 33k. The Mazda dealership had one brand spanking new Mazda 3 for 31k, and the Honda dealership had a few Civics, but only one met my requirement as a 2022 at 22k mile and 27k$. Carvana on the other hand had a bunch of options, but I narrowed it down to a 2022 Mazda 3 at 27k miles for 24.5k$, a 2021 Civic at 28k miles for 27k$, a 2020 Civic at 29k miles for 26k$, a 2021 Prius at 37k miles for 28k, and a 2020 Prius at 41k miles for 27k$. Sure I had to pay a 500$ delivery fee (which would have been waived if I felt like driving from STL to Nashville, TN but I'll stay at home thanks) but the prices were pretty competitive and I didn't have to deal with any sales people.

I did end up pulling the trigger on that 2020 Prius though, just a little bit ago. Everything has gone really smoothly so far, but I'll for sure let y'all know if the delivery and/or titling process is a pain in the rear end. I work in logistics delivering cars for a living though, so I'm sure I'll be extra patient for any delays on that end.

I did want to thank y'all for the help on this one. I was able to get some good loan quotes and actually make a good decision for once despite being stressed the gently caress out about all this.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soysaucebeast posted:

It's so weird because I expected that, but it wasn't the case. I was looking at Prius', Civics, and Mazda 3's, and my requirement was that it had to be 2020 or newer with ~40k miles or less. There were two Toyota dealerships in my area, one Honda, and one Mazda one. Toyota dealership 1 had exactly one Prius (2023) with zero information listed on their inventory website (no mileage, price, anything), Toyota dealership 2 also only had one Prius (2023), didn't list the mileage, but did have it for 33k. The Mazda dealership had one brand spanking new Mazda 3 for 31k, and the Honda dealership had a few Civics, but only one met my requirement as a 2022 at 22k mile and 27k$. Carvana on the other hand had a bunch of options, but I narrowed it down to a 2022 Mazda 3 at 27k miles for 24.5k$, a 2021 Civic at 28k miles for 27k$, a 2020 Civic at 29k miles for 26k$, a 2021 Prius at 37k miles for 28k, and a 2020 Prius at 41k miles for 27k$. Sure I had to pay a 500$ delivery fee (which would have been waived if I felt like driving from STL to Nashville, TN but I'll stay at home thanks) but the prices were pretty competitive and I didn't have to deal with any sales people.

I did end up pulling the trigger on that 2020 Prius though, just a little bit ago. Everything has gone really smoothly so far, but I'll for sure let y'all know if the delivery and/or titling process is a pain in the rear end. I work in logistics delivering cars for a living though, so I'm sure I'll be extra patient for any delays on that end.

I did want to thank y'all for the help on this one. I was able to get some good loan quotes and actually make a good decision for once despite being stressed the gently caress out about all this.

It's worth noting that the 2023 Prius is a dramatically better car in basically every way than the 2020 and 20201 you were looking at, there was a full refresh: https://www.toyota.com/prius/

It sounds like you were comparing new cars with a full warranty to used and out of warranty.

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 25, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The industry calling crossovers and cars “SUVs” had made things very confusing

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!
Does being in a winter wonderland with no garage change the general recommendations?

Just reading through the thread I'm quite sure Im another "get a Prius" guy, and wondering if the dangers of snow and salt might change that rec? Or change the calculus on new vs used?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The dangers of snow and salt are managed by upkeep, not car choice. Namely washing salt off every chance the temperature allows and keeping a set of snow tires ideally or all-weathers if you really can't afford a utility closet or a storage unit to keep your snow tire rims (you'll be paying extra for the all-weathers instead as the snow section wears during summer also). Toyota is fairly reputable on steel choice and underbody design to not suffer excessive corrosion. The Prius AWD option is arguably the best AWD available in a non sport platform as it forgoes heavy and maintenance prone transmissions for little electric motors that will get you out of the ditch the parking lot plow burried you in. So Prius so far coming up all bonuses for cold weather.

New vs used doesn't really change. If you go used you are now worrying about relative corrosion in the cars you are looking at which a mechanic will tell you about when you take it for a prepurchase inspection which you would be getting even outside of cold weather concerns.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Proposed Budget: $10-12k.
New or Used: Used
Body Style: Small SUV
How will you be using the car?: Occasionally hauling garden poo poo. Once a month driving to small trips to cities with 3 dudes for a weekend trip. Otherwise, normal stuff.
What aspects are most important to you? Not much. Mainly that it can haul some mulch and be good for road trips.

So, got the quote back to repair my Prius, and I’m not sure I wanna put a ton of money into it, and I’m mot sure if I wanna preorder a Maverick, so I wanted to check if there was a used option around $10K. I know I could get another Prius for that, but I also wanted to know if the advice of “CRV/Rav4/CX5” applied to older cars.

Legit the main thing I want is CarPlay, so I imagine I would just have to put an aftermarket radio in any of the options, which I don’t mind.

So, is CRV/Rav4/CX5 still the advice? I would actually be really happy to drive a 95-01 CRV or a 94-00 Rav4 based on look, but I don’t know how the maintenance is on those things. So I’m happy to look more recent, too.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is there not a device for northerners that's garage door opener activated yet turns on a soaker hose sprayer to wash down the under side of the car as you pull into the driveway. Seems like you could wire a solenoid directly into the lightbulb on the door opener even

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Hadlock posted:

Is there not a device for northerners that's garage door opener activated yet turns on a soaker hose sprayer to wash down the under side of the car as you pull into the driveway. Seems like you could wire a solenoid directly into the lightbulb on the door opener even

No, there isn't because it routinely gets below freezing here and what you are describing would not only freeze and break near immediately but even if you somehow got it to work through heat strips/draining back it would turn your entire driveway into a sheet of ice.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I would actually be really happy to drive a 95-01 CRV or a 94-00 Rav4 based on look, but I don’t know how the maintenance is on those things. So I’m happy to look more recent, too.

Those are 20-30 year old vehicles at this point so whatever you thought was too much to spend on your Prius is probably going to happen to those in short order, too.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Hadlock posted:

Rube Goldbergian nature of heating your garage, water lines, etc. aside you often have a slush dingleberry that won't just be soaked off.

The real obsessives will just get a heated pressure washer and hit it in a heated garage on the weekend. Anyway it's overkill, every 20 degrees doubles the rate of chemical reaction. In the depth of winter you suffer a slow trickle of corrosion. Fail to wash it off by spring and you're now rotting at 2-4x what is was doing in the cold. Bottoms dropping out are then rotten steal to begin with, bad design preventing good clean out and/or being good at catching salt, letting it sit salty till April showers, or commonly all 3.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So you just spray it once or twice the first day of spring and you're good? Seems like something the neighborhood kid might do for $20

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

zedprime posted:

The dangers of snow and salt are managed by upkeep, not car choice. Namely washing salt off every chance the temperature allows and keeping a set of snow tires ideally or all-weathers if you really can't afford a utility closet or a storage unit to keep your snow tire rims (you'll be paying extra for the all-weathers instead as the snow section wears during summer also). Toyota is fairly reputable on steel choice and underbody design to not suffer excessive corrosion. The Prius AWD option is arguably the best AWD available in a non sport platform as it forgoes heavy and maintenance prone transmissions for little electric motors that will get you out of the ditch the parking lot plow burried you in. So Prius so far coming up all bonuses for cold weather.

New vs used doesn't really change. If you go used you are now worrying about relative corrosion in the cars you are looking at which a mechanic will tell you about when you take it for a prepurchase inspection which you would be getting even outside of cold weather concerns.

VW group vehicles have fully galvanized bodies and at least Audi and Lamborghini have industry leading 12 year perforation and corrosion warranties. It used to be all VWs as well but they scaled it back to 7 years in 2018.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Guinness posted:

Those are 20-30 year old vehicles at this point so whatever you thought was too much to spend on your Prius is probably going to happen to those in short order, too.

This. CR-Vs and RAV4s are certainly up there with the Prius in terms of reliability and easy upkeep but you're talking about (oh god I'm ancient) Old Cars that will develop Old Car problems. These are not going to be Old European Car Problems but that's an age where things like suspension bushings / ball joints / tie rod ends are probably shot, wheel bearings are more prone to failure, or you might poo poo a transmission if you're particularly unlucky. Also super-early CR-Vs with the B-series will need a timing belt done every once in a while.

I still occasionally kick myself for selling my 170k mile 2013 CR-V right at the beginning of the pandemic for $6500. Partly because it was an awesome boring super-low-maintenance utility vehicle, partly because even if I did sell it now it'd be going for over $10k.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

zedprime posted:

The dangers of snow and salt are managed by upkeep, not car choice.

Thank you, great to confirm this. Also appreciate you commenting on new vs. used that was my follow-up.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Washing salt is a losing battle, you’ll never be able to do it as often as you want for one reason or another. A lot of enthusiasts with older cars seem to be trending towards using those grimy/oily anti corrosion sprays that basically coat the bottom of your car with goop, that gets applied and removed seasonally.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Navigator vs Escalade vs Grand Wagonner

Fight!

Budget is 115 or so. The Escalade with the supercharged V8 is probably off the table.

I really liked the interior of the III Grand Wagonner.

Only Navigator I’ve been in recently was a car service taking me to the airport.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Fight!

Budget is 115 or so. The Escalade with the supercharged V8 is probably off the table.

Only Navigator I’ve been in recently was a car service taking me to the airport.

None of the above. If your budget is 6 figgies, get a cool enthusiast car.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

davecrazy posted:

Fight!

How long are you planning on keeping these vehicles? Leasing?

If leasing, go with whoever has the best lease program.

My personal pick if buying would be the Escalade. The V is definitely off the table. I think they're 160 MSRP and in my area they're going for 200K from the flippers.

The Navigator is nice, but I can't bring myself to drop almost 6 figures on one. I don't trust the Grand Wagoneer long term. I don't trust FCA in general very much. The Grand Wagoneer doesn't seem to be holding its value very well either, all these cars are going to depreciate pretty quickly the first few years, but the Jeep is the worst of the 3.

My unsolicited advice though, unless one of those vehicles has some killer feature you can't live without, like the 30 way perfect position seats on the Navigator, or the 3+ foot screen of the Escalade is to skip the luxury models and instead look at a highly optioned Tahoe, Yukon or Expedition. They'll be almost as nice, and you could probably save 20 grand or more. If I was going to drop over 100K on a family car it'd be a BMX X7 M60i

For instance I currently have a 2020 Expedition Limited with the Stealth 303A package. (22" rims, blacked out trim, etc). MSRP on it was 73K. I rather pocket the 20K difference between the Navigator and the Expedition. I'm eyeballing the 2024 Expedition Limited with the 304A Stealth Performance package next year when my lease is up on this one. (450 HP, performance suspension, etc). I also don't feel like I'm old enough for a Lincoln... maybe once I'm in my 50's.

Check out a Yukon Denali Ultimate, a Tahoe High Country, or even an Expedition Limited/King Ranch/Platinum and see if the Escalade, or Navigator is worth the extra 15 to 30K. If you really want one of those 3 though, I'm going Escalade. The Yukon Denali though has always subtly let people know "I have Escalade money, but don't need to flash it"

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 27, 2023

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

what the gently caress dont buy a 110 thousand dollar jeep jesus christ

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

davecrazy posted:

Fight!

So many choices at that price range. I understand Stellantis stuffing big powertrains into things is "fun" but at that price range it really ought to be a real put together car. I'm kidding around though they're all quite good these days. Escalade off the table why?

Man everything is so expensive. An evergreen thought.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 27, 2023

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The upgrade engine in the Jeep is a 3.0l I6.

You can get a mid trim Armada for like $55k these days. It's not very nice inside but it's also not $115k.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Why doesn't Jeep cost that much? I mean more like, how?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

OP should buy this instead of a 6 figure Jeep.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/cc56249d-ac2e-49f4-b276-47c46f6b4d30/

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
I was going to say that there are completely new Lexus GX and Landcruiser gens coming in 2024, but I guess those may not be as large as the huge things OP was asking about.

Comedy option: Rivian R1S.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Assuming I needed a big ole truck like that I'd go LX or maybe Yukon Denali.

Lincolns break all the loving time, I prefer the Yukon to the Escalade from an interior and styling perspective, and I think I'd go with Year 1 Stellantis product if it was given to me for free with a robust roadside assistance package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

skipdogg posted:

Check out a Yukon Denali Ultimate, a Tahoe High Country, or even an Expedition Limited/King Ranch/Platinum and see if the Escalade, or Navigator is worth the extra 15 to 30K.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Assuming I needed a big ole truck like that I'd go LX or maybe Yukon Denali.

Lincolns break all the loving time, I prefer the Yukon to the Escalade from an interior and styling perspective, and I think I'd go with Year 1 Stellantis product if it was given to me for free with a robust roadside assistance package.

Do this, these are literally the most comfortable road trip car you can buy, and we also use ours as a farm truck to haul everything. This is my single vehicle option.