Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh cool honorifics chat, that sure is a subject that doesn't tend to poo poo up multiple pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

To be honest, I kinda liked the fact that killing god turned out not to be an unequivocally good idea. Because, you know, god was important in keeping things running.

I think in one of the earliest megaten games, you killed YHVH and his dying words were basically "Another will always come, you can't win forever.", and Devil Survivor 2 just kinda works in that framework.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Blhue posted:

Oh cool honorifics chat, that sure is a subject that doesn't tend to poo poo up multiple pages.

Sorry, sorry. Let's talk about the characters instead. Jungo is pretty bitchin' am I right. And Otome is a pretty cool lady too.

Keita, though...you could make an argument that they ruined his character in Record Breaker by making him not aggressively awful.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've never let anyone die in DS2. If you don't save him from the stairs do they have someone else take his place in cutscenes?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

I've never let anyone die in DS2. If you don't save him from the stairs do they have someone else take his place in cutscenes?

Yeah. It's a generic JP's guy or another character depending on the scene.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Radish posted:

Pretty much. An example I can think of is if Jungo's dead, Daichi takes his place as Fumi's guinea pig and when it comes time to fight Megrez and you decide to go with Team Nagoya, Ronaldo will take Jungo's place so you have a full party of 4. Incidentally, if Keita's dead and you wanna go with Team Osaka, Yamato will replace him. Neither Ronaldo or Yamato can have their team compositions altered and they won't gain any experience for anything they do in that fight though. Joe doesn't get a replacement if he dies because you'd still have a full party of 4 if you went with Team Tokyo regardless.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

Sorry, sorry. Let's talk about the characters instead. Jungo is pretty bitchin' am I right. And Otome is a pretty cool lady too.

Keita, though...you could make an argument that they ruined his character in Record Breaker by making him not aggressively awful.

Daichi and Airi are my bros.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The scene where Keita gets wrestled to the ground by Ronaldo as he tells him that he's not a delinquent anymore and is actually a dedicated boxer is one of the best things in DS2.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I stopped playing RB when I hit day 3, I should go back to it...

Yamato awaits me.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
So Atlus got a new fancy site now and P5 is still confirmed for 2015. Wonder when they are going to fit that one in, November perhaps...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I'm on day 4 of Record Breaker and I have everyone at FATE level 4. Do I still have time to get everyone to 5 by the end of the game? Unlike my playthrough of the first story a while ago, I actually tried to level everyone up, even if I hated them (the only reason anyone will ever talk to Keita, I imaigne)

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Momomo posted:

So I'm on day 4 of Record Breaker and I have everyone at FATE level 4. Do I still have time to get everyone to 5 by the end of the game? Unlike my playthrough of the first story a while ago, I actually tried to level everyone up, even if I hated them (the only reason anyone will ever talk to Keita, I imaigne)

Maybe. I haven't managed to get everyone to 5 in either of my two playthroughs of Triangulum, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible (I know it can be done in the Septentrione arc). I'd personally recommend that you prioritise doing all of Miyako and Alcor's events once they become available: that gets you a couple of extra scenes in one of the endings.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 11, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Momomo posted:

Something you might want to keep in mind is that the ending with Yamato's idea does give you a few more hours for Fate events than the other two.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Momomo posted:

Yes. I did it. It's on Miiverse.

Thuryl posted:

Maybe. I haven't managed to get everyone to 5 in either of my two playthroughs of Triangulum, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible (I know it can be done in the Septentrione arc). I'd personally recommend that you prioritise doing all of Miyako and Alcor's events once they become available: that gets you a couple of extra scenes in one of the endings.

It requires Yamato too for reasons (???).

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Would the version of P4D that has DLC have region locked DLC codes?

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

The_Frag_Man posted:

Would the version of P4D that has DLC have region locked DLC codes?

Pretty sure that's how Sony dlc works. Have to have the same region dlc as the game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That is indeed how it works. I used to game share with a friend in Australia and this was a pretty big bummer at times.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Darn it. That sucks.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Somehow Red Rider is the toughest thing I've faced in Nocturne so far. Ongyo-Ki and Ken-ki gave me trouble, but I spent almost two hours against Red Rider before I finally got lucky enough for him to not use Terrorblade twice in a round. I'm guessing the big problem is the levels of my demons since they're mid to early 30s while I'm early 40s. Their skills are great, so I'm just in dire need of fusion.

Not sure how far I am in the game, but I just reached Asakusa.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
do you guys think they'll do anything surprisingly different with characters in p5? or will it be pretty by the numbers still? you know, idol character, token clumsy friend, meathead etc?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona's all about putting twists on archetypes, so most likely.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hubris.height posted:

do you guys think they'll do anything surprisingly different with characters in p5? or will it be pretty by the numbers still? you know, idol character, token clumsy friend, meathead etc?

This is the P4 cast you are describing. The new cast so far looks different just for the fact that the heavy hitter of the group just looks like a dude and the main character is being characterized with crazy face. They will definitely hit typical character archetypes, but I doubt they're just going to do the same cast they did in the past two games.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
There was that interview with Hashino where he talks about how the p5 characters will be trying to fight back against society, and he specifically describes them as "punks," which I'm pretty excited about. I think that indicates it will be a different sort of group than p4, at least.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I want Rise's original character concept to come back

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rise is perfect how she is

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cake Attack posted:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Cake Attack posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I don't want Rise to change I just want a punk lady that hits people with a chain

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i'm cool with that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ruggington posted:

I want Rise's original character concept to come back

what was the original concept?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hubris.height posted:

Ai

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hubris.height posted:

I think this was it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those designs are significantly better.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Old Rise was hotter imo

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

yeah great more blonds

just make everyone blond

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think this was it

When you're Rise but you're also Saki.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Excels posted:

yeah great more blonds

just make everyone blond

This but for real.

Persona fans are weird. I'm weird. We're all weird.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think this was it

So Rise was going to be Ai Ebihara?

Man the Rise we got is just a disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

rise a cute.

:colbert: