Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Can they kick you off mid-taping?

Because I don't really care about winning, I just want to get on the show so when a competitor misses an answer I can say "BZZZ WRONG! Guess again, moron! :lol:" on national TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Pierce and Pierce posted:

Can they kick you off mid-taping?

Because I don't really care about winning, I just want to get on the show so when a competitor misses an answer I can say "BZZZ WRONG! Guess again, moron! :lol:" on national TV.

Not brought up during the pre game talk... But did you know they can do this crazy thing called editing

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Drat! Always one step ahead...

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The easiest Final I've seen in a while and they all miss it. SMDH

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah that one was stupidly easy.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

zakharov posted:

The easiest Final I've seen in a while and they all miss it. SMDH

Yesterday's was even easier...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 23, 2015

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Hell I'm Canadian and can name like four presidents and even I got it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GhostStalker posted:

Yesterday's was even easier...

no it wasn't. it was easy though.

two elections ago is easier/more known than the prince, my man.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Groovelord Neato posted:

no it wasn't. it was easy though.

two elections ago is easier/more known than the prince, my man.

Eh, this one took me a couple of seconds to figure out. Yesterday's was automatic right when I saw the question.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Eh, this one took me a couple of seconds to figure out. Yesterday's was automatic right when I saw the question.

Agreed. I learned yesterday's answer in grade 8 social studies. Under pressure, I can easily see how you'd get lost in the sea of election numbers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i knew em both instantly i dunno how that's a way to gauge the difficulty.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
Pretty sure Austin doesn't have any Japanese friends.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

So ABC here in NY preempted tonight's episode for Pope Francis' mass at St Patrick's tonight. At least their digital channel showed the episode, although I didn't think to check that channel until the episode had already passed the first commercial break and was wrapping up the contestant interviews.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 25, 2015

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
So we finally have a legitimately great quiz bowl player on Jeopardy in Matt Jackson and he's dominated the first two games. I think the first few games (before getting used to the buzzer rhythm) are the most likely for a player like him to lose so I'm interested to see how long his streak will be.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Arturo Ui posted:

So we finally have a legitimately great quiz bowl player on Jeopardy in Matt Jackson and he's dominated the first two games. I think the first few games (before getting used to the buzzer rhythm) are the most likely for a player like him to lose so I'm interested to see how long his streak will be.

It's just too bad he's creepy and his smile looks like something I'd see in a terrible nightmare.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I want to fight this guy so bad. He reminds me of the autistic dude who beat me.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Matt looks like he feels pain when he tries to emote.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I deem Matt "extremely annoying" and I was a big Arthur Chu fan.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

He's the Samm "the ma'am" Levine a.k.a. Lil' Wolverine of Jeopardy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I do not care for Matt.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Whenever they introduce Matt at the start of the show, I feel like I'm about to get murdered. Probably over Magic: The Gathering.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I actually have yet to catch a full episode with Matt in it, just portions of them, and what I've seen is not encouraging, though I guess I could learn to like it if I maybe saw an entire episode with him in it... But yeah, some of his mannerisms seem off-putting to me.

Man, saying that makes me feel like a total hypocrite, as asinine as that sounds. I know the pressures people are faced with when that camera is on them and they don't have the time to appear telegenic all the time while winning as much money as they can...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 30, 2015

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Matt looks and sounds like a white guy in blackface

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Matt sounds like Bania from Seinfeld and I find that the show is much more enjoyable if I just image l imagine that he is Bania.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The Piper posted:

Matt looks like he feels pain when he tries to emote.

He honestly seems like a real life Sheldon Cooper.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the intro yesterday he had the weirdest slow smile since Herman Cain.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

At auditions, they encourage you to to speak quickly and loudly, to keep the game moving. He's certainly following those instructions to the extreme. Of course, they also encourage you to smile and have fun, so I dunno what's going on here.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My favourite part of last night's episode was the countries in spanish clue:

"Corea del Sur"
"South Africa!"

haveblue posted:

In the intro yesterday he had the weirdest slow smile since Herman Cain.
Hahaha yeah, it was hilarious.

I don't find him especially annoying, and I like that he keeps the game moving. People that take 5 seconds to pick the next clue should be shot.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

HookShot posted:

People that take 5 seconds to pick the next clue should be shot.

I agree. Clues left on the board is just more money you're leaving up there. Pick up the pace, people! gently caress the viewers who complain.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

HookShot posted:

"Corea del Sur"
"South Africa!"

I cracked up at Phillip Seymour Hoffman being the guess for the oldest person to win an acting Oscar at 82 years old.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
goon project: let's kill matt

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I cracked up at Phillip Seymour Hoffman being the guess for the oldest person to win an acting Oscar at 82 years old.

Didn't he die at like 41?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Spraynard Kruger posted:

To be fair, even while he was saying PSH you could telling his brain was going, "No, that's totally wrong, you idiot."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zakharov posted:

I deem Matt "extremely annoying" and I was a big Arthur Chu fan.

have we finally found a bad contestant that nobody in this thread will stupidly defend??? oh frabjous day!

HookShot posted:

People that take 5 seconds to pick the next clue should be shot.

i yell at the tv like i'm watching football when people do this

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, that "Boom!" when he hit that Daily Double is pushing me towards dislike. Though he is winning a ton of money every single game, so good on him, I guess?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Go away Matt.

Why did he bet 10 grand on a runaway final??

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

zakharov posted:

Why did he bet 10 grand on a runaway final??

Wanted to run up his total as long as his bet was safe? Arthur would've probably approved, since he agrees that you're there to win as much money as you can and betting big can really help that.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

HookShot posted:

"Corea del Sur"
"South Africa!"
"What is The Unbearable Lightness of Being Sarah Marshall?"

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"What is The Unbearable Lightness of Being Sarah Marshall?"

To be fair, I think she got "Being John Malkovich" mixed up with "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". We all have brain farts from time to time, especially when you're under the lights. Same way I mixed up "Olympus Has Fallen" and "White House Down" on my show.

Doesn't stop it from being hilarious when it happens, though. The South Korea thing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Tonight my favourite bit was the dude thinking Iceland has 55 million people.