Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppt-03Qwg-U
more days

Same. I wonder if the controls are really swimmy and it makes it hard to know when to dodge or who you're attacking, but I hope that after a few hours it clicks. I'd like one video of "high level" FFXV play to show me how it's supposed to look.

The controls are pretty simple and fluid but you need to be pretty comfortable with your attack animations because you can't really cancel stuff quickly or easily. At least from the judgement demo. I think people will grow into it over the course of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
I can't believe I'm looking forward to a Final Fantasy game in 2016.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the teleport attack is going to be way more of a core mechanic than people expect and no one seems to use it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Here's someone showing how it's probably supposed to be done in the Platinum Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJVGKIZqAo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Here's someone showing how it's probably supposed to be done in the Platinum Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJVGKIZqAo

This video just made me wish the game controlled like bayonetta

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Harrow posted:

Now that I know the new Final Fantasy is a secret DBZ game, I'm suddenly interested :v:
What the gently caress is my problem lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

This guy is pretty good
https://youtu.be/PqbH_V2H8a4

Platinum demo doesn't play quite like the final game, though they seem to be pushing wait mode pretty hard and you can't see that outside of streams atm. They even added a skill tree for it in the day one patch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

This video just made me wish the game controlled like bayonetta

At least we have Nier Automata

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lets hang out posted:

This guy is pretty good
https://youtu.be/PqbH_V2H8a4

Platinum demo doesn't play quite like the final game, though they seem to be pushing wait mode pretty hard and you can't see that outside of streams atm. They even added a skill tree for it in the day one patch.

God drat that looks fun. And yeah, teleport strikes like crazy--that's definitely the core mechanic.

Apparently the spellcrafting system can get pretty crazy. Spells share cooldowns like abilities in Mass Effect (use one spell, all of them go on cooldown) but they can also get stupid powerful. Also they apparently have friendly fire?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 22, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I think the teleport attack is going to be way more of a core mechanic than people expect and no one seems to use it.

I was confused by how to use it in the Judgement demo, but i'll just ask for help once the game is out next week. Plenty of gamers who are much smarter then I will be posting tips.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Harrow posted:

God drat that looks fun. And yeah, teleport strikes like crazy--that's definitely the core mechanic.

Apparently the spellcrafting system can get pretty crazy. Spells share cooldowns like abilities in Mass Effect (use one spell, all of them go on cooldown) but they can also get stupid powerful. Also they apparently have friendly fire?

From that video that was posted, it looks like the damage to your allies is pretty minimal, but it does stun them. I'm going to have a lot of fun roasting and freezing Prompto.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Harrow posted:

They do, your bros do not appreciate being blown up. They don't take full damage though, they might just be incapacitated for a bit. In one of that guy's videos you can see him using an Ignis ability that regroups everyone away from enemies and heals them, it's really helpful for getting magic off without hitting them. Positioning is a big deal in ff15.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lets hang out posted:

They do, your bros do not appreciate being blown up. They don't take full damage though, they might just be incapacitated for a bit. In one of that guy's videos you can see him using an Ignis ability that regroups everyone away from enemies and heals them, it's really helpful for getting magic off without hitting them. Positioning is a big deal in ff15.

Oh cool, I didn't see that Ignis ability. That's pretty sweet.

Now I'm extra bummed that I probably won't be able to play until January. I could buy it on launch but then I'd only have two weeks to play before I leave for two weeks of Christmas traveling that I can't bring my PS4 along for, so I'm probably just going to hold off until I get back :negative:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

Adults fondly remembering Skylanders will be the same as those that nowadays remember their Street Sharks toy collection. Nobody will care even people who owned them. Sure that there will be people going 'oh yeah I remember that' but no bonding group chit-chats comparing your first Skylanders or whatever.
i'd say more like Neopets than Street Sharks

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

um. were the street sharks not neopets.

e: holy moly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anybody here remember Scannerz?!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Snooze Cruise posted:

I remember, kinda. I think I was more interested in Digimon as a concept at the time, but I didn't have either of them. The stupid digital pet I had was... uh, "Dinky Dino" I think.

I wish I had gotten an actual tamagotchi, in retrospect, because that seems to be the one that ended up having the most "depth", and now I understand too much about finite state machines to be able to give a poo poo about digital pets :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hell yeah, I love that exploding head gif

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/Flunkie/status/799027969117200386

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I found out that there is a Don't Starve plush toy of Chester that comes in a calico pattern and he works as an actual storage thing and I wish I had $50 to pick it up and it comes with a code to redeem a calico chester in-game as well and I wanna get it for KCB but >:[ money!!!!!

gently caress money

It's tuesday bitches, what's shakin

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I found out that there is a Don't Starve plush toy of Chester that comes in a calico pattern and he works as an actual storage thing and I wish I had $50 to pick it up and it comes with a code to redeem a calico chester in-game as well and I wanna get it for KCB but >:[ money!!!!!

gently caress money

It's tuesday bitches, what's shakin

I am torn between if I want to play the game where I battle, collect and evolve cute monsters, the game where I battle, collect and evolve giant robots or the game where I battle, collect and evolve gokus. It's a difficult day for me.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The new Pokemon is pretty good! The presentation's amazing, I never actually thought a Pokemon game would feel fresh and new to me again. I picked Popplio, then caught a bird (Pikipek) who I named after Palpek and the Donald Trump pokemon, which is somehow cute while being petted.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ImpAtom posted:

I am torn between if I want to play the game where I battle, collect and evolve cute monsters, the game where I battle, collect and evolve giant robots or the game where I battle, collect and evolve gokus. It's a difficult day for me.

must be hard to choose between pokemon, pokemon, or pokemon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

What game is that last one, dragonball fusions?

What is that second game too

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What game is that last one, dragonball fusions?

What is that second game too

The second one is G Generation Genesis for the PS4 which got one of those overseas English releases.

The third is Fusions, yeah.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

I am also curious about the giant robots game.

I'm gonna try out Fusions tonight, but then I'm probably gonna shelf it until I finish pokemon later this week. Then I'll probably play Fusions in earnest, before returning to Pokemon to start breeding and doing postgame/online crap. I love collecting monsters, and gokus.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Harrow posted:

That giant dude only got off like five attacks in the whole video.

I hope the enemies in the actual game are a bit less docile, unless this video's an anomaly and he usually doesn't just stand there.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

I hope the enemies in the actual game are a bit less docile, unless this video's an anomaly and he usually doesn't just stand there.

It seems like a really early boss judging by its level.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

It seems like a really early boss judging by its level.

It's just a demo enemy, really.

Bad Seafood posted:

This video someone posted after mine is better:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If any of you are playing Pokemon Sun and Moon

:siren:DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT IN POKEMON CENTERS OR THE BATTLE TREE!:siren:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nothing about the platinum demo is representative of the final game, it's really bad. If you want to get an idea of what it really plays like spend a few minutes to set up a jp psn account and download the judgement disc demo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Harrow posted:

This video someone posted after mine is better:
Okay, that's way better.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

I'm glad I haven't gotten hurt by this because I've definitely saved more than a few times in centers.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Erata posted:

I'm glad I haven't gotten hurt by this because I've definitely saved more than a few times in centers.

:same:

I mean, why wouldn't you save at the healing station, that's like the most reasonable place

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

ImpAtom posted:

For a second I thought you might be playing Robotech, but I guess those robots don't really evolve.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I am also enjoying Pokémon Moon, it shakes things up a bit and feels fresh. It also feels like it was not meant for an old 3ds, because the lag is real.

I do really miss the Dexnav from omega ruby though. This chain battling thing is ok, but Dexnav was more fun. It also clearly showed at a glance how well you were doing at catching everything on a route. I just beat the first island so maybe this functionality comes later?

Also i would like a Pikachu if anyone has an extra one! I put up an Abra in the GTS.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
FALSE ALARM! The save glitch in Sun and Moon? Yeah it turns out hacking tools were causing that.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/801169166514286594

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Between Brigador going more than 50% off and Infinifactory being on the BTA tier of the Humble Bundle this has been a hell of a month for indie devs who stubbornly swore they'd never, ever go on sale crumbling in record time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

Between Brigador going more than 50% off and Infinifactory being on the BTA tier of the Humble Bundle this has been a hell of a month for indie devs who stubbornly swore they'd never, ever go on sale crumbling in record time.

Yeah! gently caress 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Guy Mann posted:

No, no, Brigador didn't say they wouldn't go on sale, they said they wouldn't drop their asking price. There's a difference, and the sale was planned.

That said, ergh on them dropping to 50% off so quickly. The game is very good and I hope it sells well for them!

• Locked thread