Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

FishBulb posted:

Eh it's boring and stagey :shrug:

It's gripping and theatrical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's gripping and theatrical.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CPL593H posted:

You're boring and stagey.

I really don't feel like I'm very stagey

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I like Rope because spoiled drunk dickheads murdering people for enjoyment is a fun sub genre. Jimmy Stewart is a blast in it too.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I like how in Rope the murderers are pretty much neo-Nazis.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stewart and the gimmick are enough to make Rope fun to watch, and whoever plays the Leopold character, the dude from Gun Crazy. does an admirable turn as An Evil Gay. Also one of like 3 chances in existence to see Joan Chandler on screen.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I just really like all the fun, pointy chatter.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Yeah, it's snarky as hell.

"Rupert's extremely radical. Do you know he selects his books on the assumption that not only can people read, but also think?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

quote:

Even when they were all together K, J and J were front and center while K and S were off to the side.
When M and M joined the cast they were grouped according to the tier their character was in. I'm surprised the cast has kept it together and seem as cordial as they are considering the rigid pecking order the show has them in.

Someone who clearly doesn't know how to use abbreviations. I missed the Marshall Mathers cameo apparently

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Stewart and the gimmick are enough to make Rope fun to watch, and whoever plays the Leopold character, the dude from Gun Crazy. does an admirable turn as An Evil Gay. Also one of like 3 chances in existence to see Joan Chandler on screen.

John Dall (Farley Granger is the other guy).

I love the part where the camera stops moving so you see the maid moving stuff off the trunk while everyone is talking off to the side, just as you're just about to see the trunk open.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

I like how in Rope the murderers are pretty much neo-Nazis.

It's Hitchcock does Neitzsche for once, instead of Freud.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Just like real unadmitted neo Nazis, they get in a little speech on how dumb the actual Nazis were but THEY are going to do it right!

Also just watched Family Plot and that one is pretty rad. However, hard to suspend my disbelief when Barb Harris is straight begging Bruce Dern to gently caress her and he's all, nah I'm tired.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The villains in Rope aren't just Nazis, they're gay Nazis! :monocle:

On another subject, while it did not reach the highs of fart short, the midnight shorts loving delivered again and they were even more constantly good this year. Best one was a ultra violent Kung Fu short where a surgeon was defending her patient from thugs who interrupt her mid-surgery.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

This is rad

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Gremlins 2 is weird now that Trump is president. Well, weirder.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The villains in Rope aren't just Nazis, they're gay Nazis! :monocle:

On another subject, while it did not reach the highs of fart short, the midnight shorts loving delivered again and they were even more constantly good this year. Best one was a ultra violent Kung Fu short where a surgeon was defending her patient from thugs who interrupt her mid-surgery.

Do you happen to know the name of the fart short?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

CPL593H posted:

Do you happen to know the name of the fart short?

The Procedure. It's on vimeo

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

gently caress Whitey posted:

The Procedure. It's on vimeo

Thanks, babe.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

On reflection as I watch it again as is tradition, one ofAKIRA's better aspects is how Kaneda is essentially a looney tunes character in an otherwise serious setting

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Flomp_It/status/822699862999388160

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Portland protest report: the unsanctioned ones get more disciplined and less rowdy every time, but invariably end up with gas, explosives, etc. fired at/into crowds of nonthreatening protestors for the crime of standing their ground. This time the protest "organizers" even agreed to not direct the group to take any of the bridges, and the cops thanked them for the nice photo op where they acted like they were holding them off by directing the protest toward the main plaza downtown, then shooting a guy in the eye with a rubber bullet and gassing the entire block, getting another guy in the eye with a canister. This report covers it about as well as you can ask, while these videos catch the actual moments of force; note that video 2 occurs right after video 1, and shows the CS gas they shot over people, and into the plaza itself where nobody was loitering, to make sure there was no safe escape route. The tenor around is that a line has been crossed.

The mainstream one today was alright. Most notable part about it is that originally some white women ("Eastern Oregon" is code for "country nowhere") tried to take the thing over, lock POCs out from the organizing, and stop people from having Black Lives Matter signs.

the president of the Portland NAACP, a black woman, posted:

I didn't want to be part of the march if it was going to be a white-woman kumbaya march.

Also, that was definitely the meme police that punched that Nazi. There are rules.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mecha Gojira posted:

Gremlins 2 is weird now that Trump is president. Well, weirder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAUAA8jkF4k

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Rope is good. But, since we're sharing bad opinions, I didnt really like Deep Red all that much. Maybe giallo just isnt my thing? The ending was pretty good tho.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Oh man, are we doing bad opinions?? That's extremely my poo poo.

Neon Demon is Refn's best movie.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
A musician and podcaster I follow has become an alt-right cheerleader because those awful SJW has started to criticzise his beloved comic books, and it's embarrasing as gently caress.

Especially when it's because of criticism of noted rear end in a top hat Frank Cho.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
here's my bad opinion: nazis are cool

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Apes-Ma posted:

A musician and podcaster I follow has become an alt-right cheerleader because those awful SJW has started to criticzise his beloved comic books, and it's embarrasing as gently caress.

Especially when it's because of criticism of noted rear end in a top hat Frank Cho.

lmao which idiot is this, the frank cho thing was like the most mild poo poo

for those of you who don't waste their lives on this garbage, frank cho is an artist who was signed to do variant covers for the first 12? issues of the new wonder woman series. he drew his typical cheesecake poo poo, including one where her skirt is flipping up a little and you see her butt

greg rucka, the writer, went "hey bruh not the image im trying to convey with this book where we redesigned her costume to be more like armor and have a dope shield and such, lose the panty shot" and frank cho and subsequently his fans lost their drat mind

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

lmao which idiot is this, the frank cho thing was like the most mild poo poo

The guy who does the Band Geek Podcast. It's an okay podcast when they talk about music, gear and stuff like that, but insufferable when the geek portion takes over.

I did suspect he was an rear end in a top hat with bad opinions for some time now, but I was convinced when I found out he's a fan and follower of both Milo Yiannopolous and Ann Coulter.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Apes-Ma posted:

The guy who does the Band Geek Podcast. It's an okay podcast when they talk about music, gear and stuff like that, but insufferable when the geek portion takes over.

I did suspect he was an rear end in a top hat with bad opinions for some time now, but I was convinced when I found out he's a fan and follower of both Milo Yiannopolous and Ann Coulter.

death to the infidels

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Wow that blows my Rope one out of the water

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Me and the GF are writing a movie. It's a queer remake of Mr and Mrs Smith starting Kaye McKinnon and Ruby Rose, and they fight Dane Dehaan and Willem Dafoe who play MRAs. It's called Dr and Dr Smith. Oh, yeah they're also surgeons.

For me to poop on!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If the Nazis weren't cool we wouldn't still be putting them in every other fucken movie and comparing every single bad thing to them. One of the worst and most dangerous things about the Nazis is that they were cool. The problem is, some of the things we think are cool are also very bad (duh)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Neon Demon is Refn's best movie.

Sorry Sir, but Only God Forgives remains the best Refn.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The only cool Nazi is a dead Nazi.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Neon Demon is like, half of a great movie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just encountered a group loudly talking about the ending of the movie I'm gonna see later today. What is wrong with people?

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

death to the infidels

"My wife is okay with it, so everyone should just stop whining about it!"

Actual argument from him.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Just encountered a group loudly talking about the ending of the movie I'm gonna see later today. What is wrong with people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neuMyI8M5fc

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

The only cool Nazi is a dead Nazi.

Unless they're good with rockets.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They saw the movie and want to talk about it and real life isn't a fuckin spoiler free zone unless you're standing in front of the movie theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Imagine being the guy who was mid unironic sentence about the origins of Pepe when you got punched in the face and cried and the whole Internet laughed at you.

• Locked thread