Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

you know when i saw this i just could not believe it... this more than anything ticks me off the most! and im not even a founders pack owner. this has really gotten me to rethink about sticking around in hopes for some of the begged for heroes to be added. i have probably spent thousands on this game and this right here has gotten me so upset im about ready to just walk away and never turn back. im glad the only thing i have bought this year was Angela, Nick Fury, and a G bundle because i got a decent % off ticket forget what it was now B^( though now i kinda regret those purchases.

Gaz broke their promise with the chase costumes so i guess i / we should not be surprised they would break their promise with the founders costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

That doesn't even qualify under fat. That's chubby at most. But I am also easily aroused

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:cosmic2day:

Erdricks posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Oh, I didn't realize Hollywood could get away with transfer pricing fraud. I'm so grateful for this thread.

You see, I always knew this part of Hollywood's artificial "loss" but how do studios end up paying actors like Robert Downey Jr who ended up winning big from loyalty? How did Darth Vader get a stick up his rear end but iron man hit gold titties?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Classic Hollywood!!! HRMPH!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kokoro Wish posted:

you know when i saw this i just could not believe it... this more than anything ticks me off the most! and im not even a founders pack owner. this has really gotten me to rethink about sticking around in hopes for some of the begged for heroes to be added. i have probably spent thousands on this game and this right here has gotten me so upset im about ready to just walk away and never turn back. im glad the only thing i have bought this year was Angela, Nick Fury, and a G bundle because i got a decent % off ticket forget what it was now B^( though now i kinda regret those purchases.

Gaz broke their promise with the chase costumes so i guess i / we should not be surprised they would break their promise with the founders costumes.

Is this quote from the O forums?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is this quote from the O forums?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/320255/console-reverse-port-coming/p5

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Wait console version will still have unique items?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That guy will 100% buy a ps4 just to play MH. Then spend another couple thousand on the game.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

You see, I always knew this part of Hollywood's artificial "loss" but how do studios end up paying actors like Robert Downey Jr who ended up winning big from loyalty? How did Darth Vader get a stick up his rear end but iron man hit gold titties?

rdjr is the man who saved marvel movies and moved billions in ticket sales and darth vader is a lispy yorkshireman

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

rdjr is the man who saved marvel movies and moved billions in ticket sales and darth vader is a lispy yorkshireman

Would you eat out Rob dow Junes rear end hole with or without Heinz tomato ketchup sauce?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

Would you eat out Rob dow Junes rear end hole with or without Heinz tomato ketchup sauce?

no i would ask for Heinz tomato catsup instead

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
All that money and I don't think Our DeeJay owns even one Sheetz.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Mental note: don't get drunk this weekend or I'll wake up with an ultimate founders pack or something stupid.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

jujojoh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHL91HQzhuc

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:spidey:

quote:

@KomoriMan said:
Here are the details about the Founder's pack and the exclusives we have currently...

Founder's Packs for the PS4

Avenger's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Captain American, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Thor.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

X-Men's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Iceman, and Psylocke.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

Guardian's Founder's Pack - $39.99

Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Default + Bonus Costumes
5 Combo Boosts
$10 worth of G's

Spider-Man Founder's Pack - $19.99

Spider-Man
Default + Civil War Costume
1 XP Boost
$5 worth of G's

Deadpool Founder's Pack - $19.99

Deadpool
Default + Zen Costume
1 XP Boost
$5 worth of G's

EXCLUSIVES

Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.

DareDevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.

War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

I'll add the costume details by end of day hopefully.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Komoriman also said that Iron Man is supposed to be part of the Avengers pack.

Komoriman posted:

It was a mistake on my end. Iron Man is in the bundle. Sorry!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Amazing.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Tempted to try the beta to remember just how annoying it is having to level up crafters and level with no Cyclops/XP bonus.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The Ps4 packs are now available in the EU store.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/marvel-heroes-omega-spider-man-founder's-pack/cid=EP0288-CUSA07329_00-SMFNDRBE00000000

cams
Mar 28, 2003

do we have any details on character availability in open beta or how unlocking new ones will work, in beta or beyond?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

You have to buy all of the packs and you don't even get underwear Wolverine!?

LOOKS LIKE PC WINS AGAIN! :smug:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Should just toss all ultimate founders $200 of G's and sell Symbiote Spiderman and Naked Wolverine again.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

lovely Wizard posted:

Should just toss all ultimate founders $200 of G's and sell Symbiote Spiderman and Naked Wolverine again.

They should because then they'd have to actually upgrade them so they don't look like poo poo.

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016

Erdricks posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Oh, I didn't realize Hollywood could get away with transfer pricing fraud. I'm so grateful for this thread.

Corporate Law is amazing. That's not even the worst of what you can do with incorporating.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

apparently there was a stream with devs, here is some info an oforumer pulled

quote:

Other tidbits from the chat...
new players get 400 es after prologue,
heroes cost 200, 400, 600 apparently just like the pc version.
ES drop in game
No random hero boxes ( at least yet)
Ult upgrades only available for G (for now)
No weekly events during beta, said they would "talk about events after the open beta"

really shocked if they do end up keeping tiered pricing for characters, seemed like they recognized that as a mistake a while ago. no random boxes means i'll probably buy the avengers founder pack instead of just getting spidey or deadpool.

i am legit excited for a console version of a game i played for 2000 hours already with drastically less content. real excited.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hope Gaz is happy - I took the money I would usually retardedly blow on their advance pack and used it to buy more RAM and a 1060 to play better games.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i hope the ps4 version is amazingly profitable, they retain the license for another decade, and david breivik cries a silent tear for what couldve been

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

randombattle posted:

They should because then they'd have to actually upgrade them so they don't look like poo poo.

Symbiote Spidey got a VU, it's got some kind of specular mapping or something that gives it a different texture than Back in Black along with the purple sheen and writhing tentacles, and now the web effects are black symbiote goo. Underwear Wolvie and Hobo Hulk still look like Gumby dolls though.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

but didnt symbiote spidey's symbiote generate simulated webbing rather than goo? IRL i mean

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He also didn't have tendrils, but if they were to sell that Spidey it would just be Back in Black.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

RAAAAAGH I PAID MONEY TO PLAY THID OPEN BETA HOW DARE IT NOT BE AVAILABLE YET

oforums impression aside, packs are up and you can download the client but servers are down atm

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I love that there are freakouts over some of the things that could feasibly be coming to PC, like the relic and rune reworks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in, will probably be playing most of the day

https://www.twitch.tv/camsteh

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

So our PS4 servers should be up but we are expecting some players to experience some issues with it.

Marvel Heroes: we are expecting some players to experience some issues with it

Grinning Goblin posted:

I love that there are freakouts over some of the things that could feasibly be coming to PC, like the relic and rune reworks.
I get that they're changing some of the mechanical aspects, but so far I'm not sure if that also means they're doing anything noteworthy with them balance-wise.

But of course they "don't have anything specific to announce about what console features are coming to pc or not" so it's mostly a moot point. :shrug:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nova and squirrel girl are the only 200 splinter/450 g characters. i am cool with that.

edit: nm, angela too

cams fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 21, 2017

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

To celebrate 4 years of playing the game, I've decided to actually watch the storymode cutscenes for the first time.

edit: lol 'here comes the juggernaut' still can randomly play when you load the raft.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I have still never seen the cut scenes.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

To celebrate 4 years of playing the game, I've decided to actually watch the storymode cutscenes for the first time.

edit: lol 'here comes the juggernaut' still can randomly play when you load the raft.

You can see the Juggernaut break out somewhere near the entrance of the raft. It's not random.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

...i do not think the game has any way to see your character's archtype

coming soon i guess

EDIT NM TRAIT BUTTON game is perfect again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

nova and squirrel girl are the only 200 splinter/450 g characters. i am cool with that.

edit: nm, angela too
600 splinter characters:
deadpool
iron man
jean grey
rocket raccoon
spider-man
wolverine (lol)

x-men founders pack gets you 2 600 splinter characters, best value