Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Two Finger posted:

The America's Cup is again the New Zealand Cup

Good because gently caress Larry Ellison. I mean Im glad he spend hundreds of millions on this because its cool but gently caress Oracle now, gently caress Oracle tomorrow, gently caress Oracle forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
africa is going to become a dronish hellscape before america is

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

They are talking about a victory parade both on land and in the water. We'll take the boat out should be p. Dope.

Also the team nz compound is right next to where we are berthed so I'm assuming I'll hear a ton of partying

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Venezuela dares US to "send in Marines" amid crisis, threatens "crushing response" :lol:

You sure about that?

quote:

Venezuela has lashed out at the US for trying to forge a plan to address its political crisis, daring Washington to "send in the marines" and threatening to meet troops with a "crushing response."

"The 'contact group' you're proposing is completely useless and unnecessary," Venezuelan Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez said during a meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Cancun, Mexico, on Tuesday.

"The only way you could impose it would be to send in your marines - who would meet with a crushing response from Venezuela if they dared make such a misstep," she said, as quoted by AFP.

Rodriguez's remarks were in response to US Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan, who had tried to garner support for an OAS resolution to send regional mediators to Venezuela to help end the economic and political crisis which has embroiled the country and led to the deaths of 74 people since April.

Sullivan responded to Rodriguez - who referred to the US official as 'el jefe' (the boss) - with three words: "Distractions, distortions and irrelevancies."

The US draft resolution backed by Sullivan failed to pass among the 34 OAS nations, falling shy of approval by just three votes.

Sullivan is now aiming to take the resolution to the OAS General Assembly, which is also meeting in Cancun this week, where it would require a simple majority of 18 votes to pass.

However, Venezuela has warned that it will not abide by any decisions taken by the OAS. Caracas is currently in the process of quitting the organization, a procedure which takes two years.

Rodriguez also hit out at other countries that supported the US proposal on Tuesday, calling Peru a "lapdog of imperialism" and Costa Rica's foreign minister a "political illiterate who knows nothing about Venezuela."

The OAS is divided among friends and foes of Caracas, leading to a failure of its ministers to agree on a joint response to the Venezuelan crisis during this week's gathering.

Anti-government protests in Venezuela have left dozens dead since April, with demonstrators taking to the streets to demand a presidential election to end the tenure of Nicolas Maduro.

Maduro's critics accuse him of becoming a dictator and ruining Venezuela's once successful economy, which boasts the largest oil reserves in the world.

However, Maduro says the unrest is being fueled by external influence, specifically from the United States. He made a bold statement to Washington last month, telling US President Donald Trump to stop meddling in the country's affairs.

"Enough meddling...go home, Donald Trump. Get out of Venezuela...get your dirty hands out of here," he said during a televised speech.

Maduro's anti-Trump comments came after Washington slapped top Venezuelan judiciary officials with sanctions to "support" the country's citizens.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Didn't we already do this back in the 1900s? The Banana Wars?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Stupid knows no party.

https://twitter.com/RobByersWV/status/879416665712336896

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I thought there was a movie based on this so the nation could get rebuilding money.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought there was a movie based on this so the nation could get rebuilding money.

The mouse that roared

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

rip in piss

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Good. Couldnt figure out his deal besides "brain damage".

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
what happens first: the end of the next middle east war that we get into, a nuke going off, or swamp donkey posting again?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

He'll be back with an alt first

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TBeats posted:

what happens first: the end of the next middle east war that we get into, a nuke going off, or swamp donkey posting again?

All three at once, insha'allah.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

Yellowstone, hopefully.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

yes

Edit: CBO report out, 22m to lose insurance https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/879434588770234368

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/879434596085051392

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 26, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he was just communicating with the russians through code, like that youtube comment on a britney spears music video :tinfoil:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Hope y'all like your VA health care as nothing will be left after......oh.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Thwomp posted:

Hope y'all like your VA health care as nothing will be left after......oh.
Wait, the VA provides healthcare? :monocle:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is there any chance this doesn't pass?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Reverand maynard posted:

is there any chance this doesn't pass?

its gonna pass eventually

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Much like a kidney stone, it will pass

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Woof Blitzer posted:

Much like a kidney stone, it will pass

And the piss will flow once more.

Tapes aside, I'm having a hard time believing the Carter Page story was the tick tick thing the tick tick Wittes guy was ticking about. He tends to know when a story makes waves and "The FBI has spoken to Carter Page multiple times about his Russia ties" is basically water-is-wet level news.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 27, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Can the president be sued in his capacity as a private citizen. I.E Trump gets in trouble for say... Fraud. Can he be sued as Private Citizen Donald Trump in civil court or does he have immunity? Just curious

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

KildarX posted:

Can the president be sued in his capacity as a private citizen. I.E Trump gets in trouble for say... Fraud. Can he be sued as Private Citizen Donald Trump in civil court or does he have immunity? Just curious

No one really knows. I was reading about it a while back and no one is sure. Think the courts will have to decide.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its probably way easier to sue his business than him directly

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KildarX posted:

Yes

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Senate healthcare bill AS CURRENTLY WRITTEN is dead. It can't even advance to a vote-a-rama to be amended (called a motion to proceed). The four no's are Heller (from left), Collins (from left), Paul (from right), and Johnson (from right). All have publicly said they won't vote it to advance to amendment. Lee is almost a no from the right as well.

I still think it passes, but gg McConnell. Turtleman has about $200b to play with to try and buy votes, but Graham is whining about that and others will too.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 27, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
200b goes a long way

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yeah, jesus, 200 billion? That's insane. Sure you didn't mean an $200m instead?

still crazy, much more reasonable .

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Reverand maynard posted:

its probably way easier to sue his business than him directly

Ya know.....Jared, Ivanka, Melania et. al aren't the president but they're all the gently caress over the Trump Organization or whatever the legal name is. Been thinking for awhile that a great way forward is to just full court press anyone and everyone around him. gently caress it, dig up something on Bannon and Keebler Klansman. Get any of them inside a court house and under oath and watch the poo poo fly in every direction. Some of it will land on Dumbfuck Donnie.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

that which is dead cannot die

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah, jesus, 200 billion? That's insane. Sure you didn't mean an $200m instead?

still crazy, much more reasonable .

Billion. The bill currently saves $320 billion over 10 years. By statute to go along with reconciliation, it must save $120 billion.

The problem is that the total Medicaid cut is $750 billion, to finance a $500 billion tax cut. I'll find the chart when I get a chance.

Bingo: https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/879438044176281600

Edit: uh oh, something's up with Syria, White House statement about a potential chemical attack or something https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879516159145631745

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 27, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah let's get this war started

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pesticide20 posted:

Hell yeah let's get this war started

Lmao if you think the US is going to do anything about people getting gassed. As long as they aren't Europeans they won't give two shits about brown people dropping all manner of vile poo poo on each other. Sure it will hit the news, and there will be outcry, and sanctions, but if you figure the US will actually commit to doing anything that doesn't involve them taking over some oil fields lol.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

Lmao if you think the US is going to do anything about people getting gassed. As long as they aren't Europeans they won't give two shits about brown people dropping all manner of vile poo poo on each other. Sure it will hit the news, and there will be outcry, and sanctions, but if you figure the US will actually commit to doing anything that doesn't involve them taking over some oil fields lol.

Lmao if you think I'm serious

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WHAT IN THE gently caress

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879527443400458240

I REPEAT, WHAT IN THE gently caress

Swap out https://twitter.com/ClaudiaKoerner/status/879530524892471296

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 27, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

facialimpediment posted:

Billion. The bill currently saves $320 billion over 10 years. By statute to go along with reconciliation, it must save $120 billion.

Whoops, thought you meant campaign dollars on hand. That makes much more sense.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Russians told the WH, duh.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

So, we're going to war but nobody told the Pentagon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

orange juche posted:

Reminder:

1. Obama has stated repeatedly that not going to war in Syria despite all the pressure to do so was one of his greatest accomplishments
2. Trump will do anything to piss on Obama

• Locked thread