Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Here are the games I completed for September:
OneShot
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Cult of the Lamb
Klonoa Door to Phantomile
The DioField Chronicle

Sitting at 71 games completed for 2022 so far.

💪🎮🕹

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

OneShot
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Cult of the Lamb
The DioField Chronicle

oneshot and klonoa ftw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

oneshot and klonoa ftw

OneShot had such a big impact on me. Purchased the Niko plushie right after from FanGamer.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Splatoon 3 and Prodeus took over my life so I haven’t beaten anything this month

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

OneShot
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Cult of the Lamb
The DioField Chronicle

How many hours did you put into XBC3?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

How many hours did you put into XBC3?

55 hours, so still lots of side content I can do, but I just wanted to do the storyline. Really enjoyed it though, its the best of the Xenoblade series.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And the GotM is... Hitman 2??

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

55 hours, so still lots of side content I can do, but I just wanted to do the storyline. Really enjoyed it though, its the best of the Xenoblade series.

That makes me feel a lot better because I saw some reviews of 3 that estimated 100 hours for main story which is quite a commitment. I put about 80 hours into 2, so hearing 55+ hours for 3 is great

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I ain't hardly played nothing lately but last two days I just rushed through all of Asia on Shadow Hearts. Game is even more goated than I remembered

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

That makes me feel a lot better because I saw some reviews of 3 that estimated 100 hours for main story which is quite a commitment. I put about 80 hours into 2, so hearing 55+ hours for 3 is great

Yeah I don't get where people were getting 100 hours for XB3. Even on the hardest difficulty it shouldnt take someone that long.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

And the GotM is... Hitman 2??

(games are for friends)
\
\
\

rox fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 30, 2022

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Propaganda Hour posted:

whenever i see review jrpg completion times i just mentally cut them by about half because they're always way slower than my experience.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
whenever someone says persona 5 is a hundred hour game i mentally categorize them as a slow reader

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you don't allow the voice actors to complete the entirety of their line before you hit A... you are no gamer

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

cheetah7071 posted:

whenever someone says persona 5 is a hundred hour game i mentally categorize them as a slow reader

I think they are a quick reader who isn't playing royal because I was at 100 hours before I hit the third semester

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is kind of an interesting one because the default text settings are so slow that it would probably add like 20 hours to your playtime if you kept them like that

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i gave up after two cases in GAA because even with a faster dialogue speed the game is glacial

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not to brag, but I always set the message speed settings to max before I even hit New Game!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Not to brag, but I always set the message speed settings to max before I even hit New Game!

only to while away the hours of your life waiting for them to finish reading the line

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When you watch a movie with subtitles, do you skip ahead two secs after you're done reading what's currently on screen??

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I don't get where people were getting 100 hours for XB3. Even on the hardest difficulty it shouldnt take someone that long.

i spent 120 hours because i was trying to do as much as i could

tbf i played it while i had covid so i had nothing better to do but i dont regret playing it for that long, game is good

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jay Rust posted:

When you watch a movie with subtitles, do you skip ahead two secs after you're done reading what's currently on screen??

movies with subtitles generally have real acting and direction, unlike videogames where a character will just stare at you and lip flap for 15 seconds, get interrupted, end their line with a "--", and then have a random 3 second delay before the person who "interrupted" them starts speaking

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah video games suck

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
videogames are really fun, to press buttons in
if im not pressing buttons id rather get up from my computer desk and read a book on the couch with a nice mug of coffee/tea

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it's also fun to sit and think about which buttons to press even if yuo arent pressing any yet

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if it's a cinematic cutscene where the visuals are part of it then yeah, but if it's just dialogue with voice acting then no way am I sitting around waiting for the read to finish

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 30, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I could probably count all the well directed videogame cutscenes on one hand. Its an area where the medium desperately needs growth

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I actually play 3 video games at once at 200% speed like Data listening to classical music

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Feldegast42 posted:

I actually play 3 video games at once at 200% speed like Data listening to classical music

i envy your power

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I could probably count all the well directed videogame cutscenes on one hand. Its an area where the medium desperately needs growth

Gimme some of these cutscenes, friend. People are always posting their fave video game songs, let's do cinematic now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Always liked this one from killer7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4YDAhSBjE

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the voice acting in deadly premonition is way better than it ever had any right to be. i could never really put my finger on why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41YUSZ9VAg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlphaKeny1 posted:

i spent 120 hours because i was trying to do as much as i could

tbf i played it while i had covid so i had nothing better to do but i dont regret playing it for that long, game is good

Yeah! It's one of my favorite games of the year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

movies with subtitles generally have real acting and direction, unlike videogames where a character will just stare at you and lip flap for 15 seconds, get interrupted, end their line with a "--", and then have a random 3 second delay before the person who "interrupted" them starts speaking

Yeah this, I can't stand most video game cutscenes, they are just painfully boring most of the time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I legit do not know how so many people can tolerate Ffxiv cutscenes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I legit do not know how so many people can tolerate Ffxiv cutscenes

its a true mystery for the ages

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

they're good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First spooky game of the month is Silent Hill Downpour.

It's uh not very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight was a very good FFX session! I faced Yunalesca for the first time and thanks to a bit of luck and some actual planning I managed to beat them on my first go !!

I also got the coolest summon Anima, and used them to beat all of Belgemines challenges!

One of my theories turned out to be true and I pretty much love everything about this game :)