Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jedit posted:

Good luck making Welsh rarebit in a toaster. Please post photos of the results, this thread needs content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That's pretty much the best thing that could have happened. But there are definitely vertical toasters they're called toaster ovens.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Wedge Regret

xtal posted:

That's pretty much the best thing that could have happened. But there are definitely vertical toasters they're called toaster ovens.

Sorry they put fan in there and they are overpriced air fryers now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I got a cheap Walmart one and it has a separate dial setting for turning the fan on or off, it's nice for making toast if you want a little more leeway in keeping it warm for other foods to finish up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

my toaster just has a lever to lift the bread out, it doesn't pop automatically. why would you want your toast to be fired out on a spring? that's some stupid poo poo

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

my toaster just has a lever to lift the bread out, it doesn't pop automatically. why would you want your toast to be fired out on a spring? that's some stupid poo poo

So it doesn't stay next to the heating element and burn before it cools down. And I was air frying something when I made that post so I will accept no criticism of the sort.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dabir posted:

So you can be a cool '90s teen who grabs your pop tarts when they spring up as you skateboard out the door and your boring dad spills his coffee

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Super Dan posted:

So you can be a cool '90s teen who grabs your pop tarts when they spring up as you skateboard out the door and your boring dad spills his coffee

Except we are now the boring dads.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Punishment Reason
Dumb gimmick.
I'd clear forgotten what thread I was in.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Paladinus posted:

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who shitted and pissed in a bucket
Although the first two lines rhymed
And the first three followed the limerick structure
It's not actually a poem at all
And it doesn't even have much to do with OP, when you think about it
Donate to my Patreon

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Before this goes too much further I want to point out that "grill" is the British word for "broiler" for some reason.

The British word for "grill" is also "grill", because we don't think it needs a different word depending which direction the heat comes from. However, thank you for clarifying on my behalf.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jedit posted:

The British word for "grill" is also "grill", because we don't think it needs a different word depending which direction the heat comes from. However, thank you for clarifying on my behalf.

A broiler is a heating element/coil inside your oven. A grill is propane/charcoal actually burning beneath a metal grate you put food on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

A broiler grill is a heating element/coil inside your oven. A grill barbeque is propane/charcoal actually burning beneath a metal grate you put food on.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

EorayMel posted:

Punishment Reason
Dumb gimmick.

Seriously what the gently caress is this

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

A broiler is a heating element/coil inside your oven. A grill is propane/charcoal actually burning beneath a metal grate you put food on.
You know there are gas grills/"broilers", right?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Hollow Talk posted:

Dammit Braydyn this is heirloom fair trade Etruscan coffee from my French press, now I'm going to be late for work!

*goes upstairs, puts on new shirt, goes to home office to WFH*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

No, barbecue is what comes out of a smoker.

Which I believe the british call a Tinglywince Horseyminster.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

They probably call it a pudding. They call everything a "pudding" over there.

Example, these are all English "puddings":

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

You know there are gas grills/"broilers", right?

Yes. I have both a propane grill and a gas broiler.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Who has some quotes from when that goons brother was pudding a bicycle pump where it didn’t belong?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You're supposed to wait until the smoke and flames have died off and cook using the coals.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

The Lone Badger posted:

You're supposed to wait until the smoke and flames have died off and cook using the coals.

I tried using coal, it was nasty.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
English "pudding" is like American "casserole"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Layered and baked... objects?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Layered and baked... objects?

yes, except they dont strictly have to be layered or baked

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Fungah! posted:

my state finally opened up vaccines to fat people and smokers so me and my two best friends will get to camp out on launch weekend and game our brains out like we always do with a new monster hunter. suck poo poo covid, we win

Fungah! posted:

both of them got covid. inverse imp zone magic

Tato posted:

In retrospect, telling the Novel Coranavirus aka COVID-19 that I was going to make it "my bitch" and to "suck it down" was an act of extreme hubris on my part for which I'd like to apologize

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao that thread

trying to jack off posted:

a friend of mine found out if they went up 2.5 bmi points they would be eligible for the next round of vaccines and also be allowed to work from home and i talked them out of it by pointing out that that's a famous simpsons episode

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Solice Kirsk posted:

They probably call it a pudding. They call everything a "pudding" over there.

Example, these are all English "puddings":

poo poo; now I want some spotted dick

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

xtal posted:

So it doesn't stay next to the heating element and burn before it cools down. And I was air frying something when I made that post so I will accept no criticism of the sort.

just don't set the timer so long that it would burn

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dabir posted:

just don't set the timer so long that it would burn

So you have a timer that goes off to remind you to hurry into the kitchen and get your toast? That sounds like a problem that can be solved with a bimetallic thermostat and a spring.

Then again, Britain needs to have significant excess power generation to accommodate the spike when thousands of people get up and plug their electric kettles in simultaneously, so you probably gotta cut some corners somewhere to handle that massive resource sink.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"Pudding" just means dessert, ya numpties.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Hollow Talk posted:

Nice humblebrag, sexhaver.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"Pudding" just means dessert, ya numpties.

I love blood dessert

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Garrand posted:

I love blood dessert

Since you insist on this sort of whimsical, colonial sort of dimwittery, let me remove my monocle and speak to you of the specifics:

"Pudding" as a meal= dessert
"Pudding" as a general food concept, as is "I'd love a pudding," means dessert.
"Blood pudding" is a specific food that is obviously not a dessert. As are white pudding, black pudding, and Sir Tosspot's Ye Olde Marmite-and-Treacle-Fortified Pudding for Proud White Cis-Gendered British Men.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dareon posted:

Then again, Britain needs to have significant excess power generation to accommodate the spike when thousands of people get up and plug their electric kettles in simultaneously, so you probably gotta cut some corners somewhere to handle that massive resource sink.

LMAO “clap for carers” caused a spike.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Since you insist on this sort of whimsical, colonial sort of dimwittery, let me remove my monocle and speak to you of the specifics:

"Pudding" as a meal= dessert
"Pudding" as a general food concept, as is "I'd love a pudding," means dessert.
"Blood pudding" is a specific food that is obviously not a dessert. As are white pudding, black pudding, and Sir Tosspot's Ye Olde Marmite-and-Treacle-Fortified Pudding for Proud White Cis-Gendered British Men.

Pudding is anything eaten at the end of a meal. Given that everyone has eaten something before this means that everything is a pudding. Sometimes there is just a longer gap between courses. Britain wins again, hand me my gin.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Vindolanda posted:

hand me my gin.

I really am too American, I read this as 'hand me my gun'.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Garrand posted:

I really am too American, I read this as 'hand me my gun'.

Asking for a shot must've ended tragically :ohdear:.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Asking for a shot must've ended tragically :ohdear:.

it cost them a lot more than they expected when they offered to pay for a round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Got it. Pudding means dessert except when it doesn't.

Thank you for clarifying that your country isn't whimsically silly.