Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Is there a node somewhere where I can beat up Roman Servants relatively easy? It's like the only one of this week's Master objectives that I haven't gotten through repeatedly doing lotto boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Is there a node somewhere where I can beat up Roman Servants relatively easy? It's like the only one of this week's Master objectives that I haven't gotten through repeatedly doing lotto boxes.
septem, appia road

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There will be Roman servants in the event once they roll over to the last set of quests in 2 days.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Bleah. Gilgamesh fight wasn't hard, just miserable. Given how difficult it is to get debuff immune on a decent damaging Lancer you'd have thought they wouldn't go out of their way to have him bypass it, but no, they did.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I had no gold Lancers, so I ended up borrowing someone's lvl 100 summer Tamamo. My goal was to equip as many crit star generating CEs and just shoveling them to my Cu Chulainn and Tamamo. Took two tries, but another challenge done! So have faith if you don't have ideal team comp. :shobon:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Cu Chulainn was my MVP. First man in the ordering and last man standing.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yay Umu has come home.
She didn't come in her... bondage bridal dress (Nero we need to talk about your tastes*), but time to feed her all the embers.

*5 hours later:
somebody help me she won't shut up about her tastes

E: there's always Nerofest 2017(JP)/2019(US) for another go at Umu.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm looking at the Tawara CQ now, and dudes, you were so right, I don't understand what I'm looking at.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Not to past self: Gil's NP down debuff is not removable, so taking the Atlas MC is going to be a literal waste of time/resources.

Eh, I took it for Invincible+CD down to support a friend Scath, and it was real helpful there.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just beat the Tawara challenge quest, and I'm still not 100% percent sure how everything worked. Like, his attacks will seal a character's command cards, but when the seal debuff wears off it gives a powerful buff in its place. You get a stacking debuff to max hp, but his attacks increase your max hp, something like that?

All I know is that Tamamo kicked him in the dick a couple times for 1,000,000+ damage.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Any advice for beating the Gil challenge? My only lancer is Artoria who is a very sad lady without her NP.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

Any advice for beating the Gil challenge? My only lancer is Artoria who is a very sad lady without her NP.

Release the hounds. Cu Chulainn and Cu Alter shred him. Shishou is good too, even if her NP doesn't do much damage it can still stun and she has an Evade to help her dodge Enema Alice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bakanogami posted:

I just beat the Tawara challenge quest, and I'm still not 100% percent sure how everything worked. Like, his attacks will seal a character's command cards, but when the seal debuff wears off it gives a powerful buff in its place. You get a stacking debuff to max hp, but his attacks increase your max hp, something like that?

All I know is that Tamamo kicked him in the dick a couple times for 1,000,000+ damage.

This doesn't matter since you beat it, but in case you want to know the gimmick.

Tawara will cycle through lock debuffs depending on the turn and he will apply them with his buster attack (The rice bag toss). Turn 1 is buster, 2 is arts, 3 is quick, etc from then on. Every time a character attacks with a card that isn't sealed it lowers the turn counter on the seal by 1 and when the seal removes itself you get a buff in its place, the buff is actually set and not random despite how much is thrown at you constantly and any of the buffs applied to you last for like 20 turns or until an attack is used by the character. So ideally, you want to remove a ton of poo poo from one character, use np, and do 69 million damage to him. There's also a thing he throws on all of your characters where when they hit a critical amount of HP their NP charge will shoot up to 300% and the Nero CE applies a guts to your character, so you're meant to use that for the fight to guarantee more damage and a dying gasp NP.

There's a few other things factored into the fight, but they're not as important as those and the other things are actually RNG, but once you understand the fight and what's happening to you it's a pretty fun gimmick and a cool thing to give to this dude who has gently caress all in this game for being shown off.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cuntellectual posted:

Is this Lalter or the 5* variant? If it's the former I would build a star-gen team (ideal support would be a Waver with a 2030) and try to crit him down in a burst with the Anniversary Blonde MC. One of the Cu's and/or Herc can be in the backline just in case.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Bakanogami posted:

Alternatively, the fight makes a lot more sense if you think about what the effects mean in-fiction. His Buster attacks lock out attack types because you're busy eating the sack of food he threw at you. You get a buff because it's good food. You lose health because you're hungry. You regain health because he's still throwing giant sacks of food at you. It's still a big pile of mechanics, but they're mechanics that make more sense once you realize why they're there.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Imagine Santa Claus, but instead of presents he hits people with rice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

bring a friendly scathy and smack him around.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Cu, Proto Cu, and Cuzilla are all your friends for that challenge. I did it last year on JP with the help of a level 100 proto-Cu from my friends list.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Anyone have a good berserker Kintoki support on their list? Having a lot of trouble with Siegfried...

Edit: Nvm, beat it with Emiya!

Lumen fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 20, 2018

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
People not posting Caesar + Cleo power business team, the shame of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

nothing but respect for my president

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I didn't much like Caesar at first but after doing his Interlude and seeing what his Wish for the grail is, he's grown on me :unsmith:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
caesar is good

i would like a hot boy caesar to flex on gil and ozy tho

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Kyte posted:

the color matching stuff that Cleo's holding confused me real bad for a minute

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Vote #1 Caesar

MARA

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

(thats make america rome again)

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Is it just me or does the new bronze medal node barely drop any medals? I've played through it a few times and average only 4-5 medals a run (plus the bonus from a full stack of Caligula), but I seem to remember a ton of them dropping on the original node.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah, it's annoying the hell out of me with that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Caesar is a wall street stockbroker on that pic not a politician

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Caesar was the first emperor, he'll always be a politician.

Imagine walking down the streets of New York, say, W 57th Street and and 8th Ave, and Julius Caesar himself is passing you, although of course you won't know it. That's one opportunity I wish T-M would go for more often, having these legendary figures out of myth and legends walking around and interacting with the modern world.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The dead should not have a say over the living is a big theme in nasus works dude

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Who says they have to influence things? I just want Shakespeare hanging out with some poor schmuck trying to get his book published, or Atalante hanging out at the archery club downtown.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I havent done any of the challenge matches. Is there a easy to read guide for what I should expect for each match and which servant to use?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Tired Moritz posted:

I havent done any of the challenge matches. Is there a easy to read guide for what I should expect for each match and which servant to use?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McQZNMV7ET-AS8DiYm3IafNeR4erXeAsEiVFn9oso_0/htmlview?sle=true

There's a tab for each challenge quest.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Last CQ done. The ticket gave me Umu NP2. Very fitting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
does anyone have a max-white princess aoe saber?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

That was a hell of a fight. My first attempt was a mess and it was a minor miracle I made it far enough for bond CE Herc to lose the cockroach duel against Umu. Second one went much smoother thanks to subbing in Rider Martha to remove the poison and buff chance debuff + purge Ozy's initial buff so I could kill him before he had the chance to start throwing his mass NP charge around. Really, looking back, her ability to just remove the dick move boss debuff of the day has made her a low-key MVP for about half of these exhibition matches. Truly the best saint.

Tired Moritz posted:

does anyone have a max-white princess aoe saber?

Switched my CE back to Umu.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
These quests have definitely given me new appreciation for the value of Rider Martha as a support character, yeah.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Decided to go all-in on a jokey strat where Arash STELLLAAAAAA'd the fight over and over.

Long story short:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Shiny777 posted:

Switched my CE back to Umu.

Thanks! I finished it, so you can switch it back.