Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's bad, OP. It's not very different from the Western countries except more severe in civil restrictions. Similar to most SE countries. Vietnam's response was I think more restrictive still and hasn't let up but it hasn't spared them this wave. Mostly every country with, let's not say power but I think clout works here, responded incorrectly. The best responses occurred in African countries (not all of them, obviously).

So do you think China is covering up COVID outbreaks domestically? Or that their lockdowns were successful but not worth the civil liberty restrictions? If there's something I'm not considering let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Atrocious Joe posted:

So do you think China is covering up COVID outbreaks domestically?

Yes. They were the blueprint for the "Public Health" policies around the world, they have incentive to hide COVID outbreaks. But this can be accomplished pretty easily if you just change testing or the way that COVID is recorded. Countries who have followed China's suit are incentivized to keep numbers high while additional social control is imposed. China didn't have a long way to go in that sense since it is the surveillance state par excellence and they demonstrated over the last two years that their police state is nothing to sniff at either.

Edit: Western countries have been licking their lips over Social Credit before China imposed it. When they saw the model they got right to it.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Sep 28, 2021

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes. They were the blueprint for the "Public Health" policies around the world, they have incentive to hide COVID outbreaks. But this can be accomplished pretty easily if you just change testing or the way that COVID is recorded. Countries who have followed China's suit are incentivized to keep numbers high while additional social control is imposed

Bwahahahaha

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chamale posted:

Alright, fair enough.

I maintain that PMJ is a poo poo person who keeps buying in to the anti-lockdown narrative pushed by billionaires like Rupert Murdoch and Peter Thiel, while failed covid policies are continuing to disproportionately kill racialized people in the US and around the world. Trump and Biden deliberately allowed covid to spread in one of the largest cullings of Black seniors and disabled people in American history, and PMJ would rather regurgitate the Great Barrington Declaration instead of advocating we protect ourselves and stop the mass death.

I maintain that writing people off as "a poo poo person" while pretending to give them an honest listen is lame af

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

I maintain that writing people off as "a poo poo person" while pretending to give them an honest listen is lame af

it's cool, cspam can have their very own antivaxxer that can be gawped at like an animal in a zoo while the spectators congratulate themselves on how open minded they are for letting it live

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

like covid-19 is such a perfect example of how completely the expert system has broken down and how that's used to weaponize against the powerless.

we have facci saying masks don't work. we have deblasio saying go out shopping. we have kamala harris saying she wouldn't trust the vaccine. the cdc still discourages respirators. the fda just overrode their scientists for political purposes.

but no, lets focus on if some poster isnt excited enough about lockdowns. lets mock some dead guy for leaving a sad family behind. whatever gets us a cheap thrill without threatening the leaders who failed us for some reason gets boosted by the algorithms. Must be what the people want.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i don't think anything posted on the leftist subforum of a dead comedy website is going to threaten the leaders who failed us

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It would be useful if you pointed out what's objectionable.

you’re posting too much imo, cool off, let the cleansing rain of time away from the screen refresh your soul

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

i don't think anything posted on the leftist subforum of a dead comedy website is going to threaten the leaders who failed us

blasting Chuck Schumer to cinders like Sarah Connor in the Terminator 2 nightmare by telling him to turn his monitor on

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

it's cool, cspam can have their very own antivaxxer that can be gawped at like an animal in a zoo while the spectators congratulate themselves on how open minded they are for letting it live

the most recent true anon had a good bit about the phenomena you're applying here. we conjured the polity of antivaxxers, so you can treat anyone with any amount of hesitation, suspicion, or even just working off old faucci instead of new as just one big monolithic block to dismiss.

as we're seeing now, "anti-vaxx" now has expanding to mean disapproving of the chinese lockdown, something pretty much the entire democratic party did and does. but no no no kamala harris can't be anti-vaxx she only said she wouldn't trust the vaccine if trump asked her to get it you see. anti-vaxx only means the poo poo people.

more than agreeing with one side or the other on this, i'd like to see this thread remain a place where people can air heterodoxical views, especially if that view is as mundane as "maybe the government should have less power to lock people in their homes rather than more."

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Mola Yam posted:

in minecraft

:vince:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Trabisnikof posted:

the most recent true anon had a good bit about the phenomena you're applying here. we conjured the polity of antivaxxers, so you can treat anyone with any amount of hesitation, suspicion, or even just working off old faucci instead of new as just one big monolithic block to dismiss.

as we're seeing now, "anti-vaxx" now has expanding to mean disapproving of the chinese lockdown, something pretty much the entire democratic party did and does. but no no no kamala harris can't be anti-vaxx she only said she wouldn't trust the vaccine if trump asked her to get it you see. anti-vaxx only means the poo poo people.

more than agreeing with one side or the other on this, i'd like to see this thread remain a place where people can air heterodoxical views, especially if that view is as mundane as "maybe the government should have less power to lock people in their homes rather than more."

If you want to post covid thread heterodoxy, you can go to D&D. I'd like this thread to continue to post good comment chains about what the billionaire pedophile elites are up to, not a place to poo poo out rambles about Sandy Hook crisis actors and the SCAMDEMIC.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Trabisnikof posted:

Yes, they changed the definition this year: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-vaxxer

I would like to point out that I already directly addressed the right-wing shitcoating that is strengthening my homodox interlocutors - but, and this I would also like to point out - those posts were not addressed directly. This is an interesting trend where my arguments are not addressed or refuted in any way except little bits and bobs people zero-on for a quick dunk. Otherwise I am talked about as if I am not posting at all or I receive a non-response.

I'm going to go do something else now. You are all very free to mock me, I am concerned with your wellbeing and the wellbeing of all the working class and advocating on yours and theirs behalf if that entails mockery so be it.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I don’t care enough to argue but I’ve held off getting the jab because I’m literally a hermit and lmao did you see how good of a job they did on getting native Americans to get the jab? since when has this nation ever done right by them? and you want me to get that same vax? lmao. I’ll wait until the Chinese invade and give me sinovac.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Sextro posted:

I don’t care enough to argue but I’ve held off getting the jab because I’m literally a hermit and lmao did you see how good of a job they did on getting native Americans to get the jab? since when has this nation ever done right by them? and you want me to get that same vax? lmao. I’ll wait until the Chinese invade and give me sinovac.

native american tribes are big business now

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seminole-nation-accused-of-denying-black-citizens-covid-19-vaccines/ar-BB1eM5vW

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sextro posted:

i am too and i was able to find a city service where they were able to drop by and jab me, twice, no charge. I'm still trying to master control of my new nanobots

edit: not trying to be an rear end just saying there might be a service like that in your area depending on where you live

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chamale posted:

If you want to post covid thread heterodoxy, you can go to D&D. I'd like this thread to continue to post good comment chains about what the billionaire pedophile elites are up to, not a place to poo poo out rambles about Sandy Hook crisis actors and the SCAMDEMIC.

A while ago you said this

Chamale posted:

Nah. The powerful have always tried to divide us by creating categories and saying everyone outside the tribe isn't human.

I hope you can see how anti-vaxx is one of those categories too.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
PMJ whips rear end and the only one who needs to post less in this thread is the respirator rat w/ 5 unparseable gangtags who has already taken a huge swing at PMJ by kramering in and calling them racist, and that claim getting absolutely owned immediately after.

like give yourself a break, melting down about THE SCIENCE in the epstein/gates/minsky thread of all places. i pray you take a long look in the mirror, and log off.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tbh pretty unhappy with the state of the vaccine.

i still got mine.

not terribly happy about it, but my major misgivings about taking a rushed vaccine using tech i'm not super familiar with, coming from people I don't really trust and have no reason to, when my own understanding of rna is > 0% but not strong enough to override a desire to not die from coughing my lungs out, but still present enough to make me raise my eyebrow about using rna as a vector to immunity, and go "hey this is loving weird"...

Pretty sure I caught the rona early on anyway. Before quarantine came down. I had a flu-like sickness in late Jan/early Feb 2020, that briefly made it oddly hard to breathe, but wasn't as unpleasant as the flu, but kinda felt like the flu...

I'd say it's probably fine, but at this point I don't think trying to bully people into the poke is worth it. Vaccines are insanely good, but there is so much sus poo poo around the three American vaccines that it's hard to fault anyone that's skeptical but not also howling about nanites and microchips. There are reasons to be hesitant, even in spite of enthusiastic faith in traditional vaccines.

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 02:32 on Sep 28, 2021

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
mrna vaccines are the single good thing to come out of the last few years lol. can and almost definitely will change millions of peoples lives for the better

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mRNA vaccines get developed in months when the Feds just gave pharma a big lump of cash proved that there was a cure for the common cold that was being suppressed

nut
Jul 30, 2019

whoa 99 new posts ha ha what did ghislane get up to oh

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

mark immune posted:

PMJ whips rear end

yeah, I don't agree w a single thing he's posted but he challenges my viewpoints and makes me think about why I hold my positions. I never post itt but PMJ is a great addition imho

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Riot Bimbo posted:

i still got mine.

as someone once said, I may not know what the vaccine does in the long run, but I do know COVID can do, and given that I don't trust myself to always be 100% compliant with masking, I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I personally am trying to finagle a death by covid and then an elusive second death by vaccine. if Gary Webb can shoot himself in the head twice surely this isn’t a big ask.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I enjoy reading PMJ's posts in this thread even if I think that his lockdown opinions are an rear end-backwards misread based on his own dislike for lockdowns

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Riot Bimbo posted:

i still got mine.

not terribly happy about it, but my major misgivings about taking a rushed vaccine using tech i'm not super familiar with, coming from people I don't really trust and have no reason to, when my own understanding of rna is > 0% but not strong enough to override a desire to not die from coughing my lungs out, but still present enough to make me raise my eyebrow about using rna as a vector to immunity, and go "hey this is loving weird"...

Pretty sure I caught the rona early on anyway. Before quarantine came down. I had a flu-like sickness in late Jan/early Feb 2020, that briefly made it oddly hard to breathe, but wasn't as unpleasant as the flu, but kinda felt like the flu...

I'd say it's probably fine, but at this point I don't think trying to bully people into the poke is worth it. Vaccines are insanely good, but there is so much sus poo poo around the three American vaccines that it's hard to fault anyone that's skeptical but not also howling about nanites and microchips. There are reasons to be hesitant, even in spite of enthusiastic faith in traditional vaccines.

yeah, i think i had covid in march-april because i had the worst flu i'd ever had over about 3-4 days and i don't ever really get the seasonal flus or colds. i'm not happy about getting the jab but given that my country is just going to OPEN MORRISON at asap then, poo poo, i don't know. guess i have to take it. my plan had been to try and wait it out and avoid taking it. but i generally think that way the vaccines have been presented is not consistent with what they really achieve and that's without going into the possibility that, like, mu will just ignore them or whatever.

my other thought was like -- well, let's say that this vaccine is going to gently caress us up in 10-20 years or whatever. one, maybe that'll be a good thing because of climate change because i'm not sure i want to live through the worst of that and, two, would i really want to be one of the few healthy/alive/potent/whatever else people that conspiracists are talking about if the whole world has gone to poo poo?

edit: like i'm only getting the jab because i'll probably need it to do my work but there's a part of me that is like, well, if i can still get long covid with this vaccine then what's the point? i'm still not going to want to go out and do things, jab or no jab. so, ultimately, i've been injected with something so i can maintain my livelihood - no wonder people are upset!

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 03:52 on Sep 28, 2021

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It would be useful if you pointed out what's objectionable.
COVID is real, the pandemic is real, and vaccines are objectively beneficial for both individuals the population as a whole.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I hope it's worth pointing out that "anti vaxxers" have been a thing going back a decade+ since that debunked study linking them with autism. Uptake rates for commonly understood vaccines are lowering to the point where we're seeing stuff like goddamn measles making their way back into school populations in certain areas.

Also thanks CIA for using a fake vaccine effort in Pakistan to help kill bin laden.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
gardasil turns people into sluts, it's all part of the Great Bimbofication Plan

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I know this is the conspiracy thread but my god, get the loving jab you idiot

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Laterite posted:

Also thanks CIA for using a fake vaccine effort in Pakistan to help kill bin laden.

it set back global polio eradication by decades too, lol.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1442673085254094850?s=20
:yikes:
this pic is sending me

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Virtual Russian posted:

Wait what? The Iowa Writer's Workshop got CIA money? My parents both went there.

oops, I've been mostly offline this weekend. but yes, lol. also the paris review.

apparently, they also invited international people who went onto to make their own writers workshops along similar ideological lines, including a couple who started one in the Philippines that's still running. wonder if they get any CIA $$$

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1442302871119216641?s=20

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pryor on Fire posted:

I know this is the conspiracy thread but my god, get the loving jab you idiot

I loving hate posts like this. let people talk and be honest. you haven’t added poo poo to this thread.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's bad, OP. It's not very different from the Western countries except more severe in civil restrictions. Similar to most SE countries. Vietnam's response was I think more restrictive still and hasn't let up but it hasn't spared them this wave. Mostly every country with, let's not say power but I think clout works here, responded incorrectly. The best responses occurred in African countries (not all of them, obviously).

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

crepeface posted:

including a couple who started one in the Philippines that's still running. wonder if they get any CIA $$$

Yoooooo who is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

The_Rob posted:

I loving hate posts like this. let people talk and be honest. you haven’t added poo poo to this thread.

i wasn't particularly clear, i think, but i had the jab lmao

but i only really feel like i took it because of a failure on the part of my government to actually control the outbreak. all things being equal, i would've preferred to not have the vaccine, especially when you've got johnson and johnson execs saying poo poo like they won't vaccinate their kids because who knows what the side effects will be in thirty years or whatever.