Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The Daredevil collection post from above reminds me there was a series of blind box toys from like the mid 2000s where the figure came in like a crate and was in like 3-6 pieces and you assembled it. The whole figure was like maybe 2 or 3 inches tall. I'm reminded because I remember having the Daredevil and I think the Nightcrawler and Phoenix. Does anyone else remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So the situation with Goodsmile was that somehow they sent my order to someone else in the States. Seems like at least a few got weirdly crossed up in one day, someone must have miscounted accidentally placed things out of order or something.

Anyway, I got in touch with them Monday and they said sorry they'll ship out another and to watch my email for tracking by the morning at the latest. That didn't arrive so I called back earlier today. The woman on the phone literally went to their outgoing mail area, grabbed my box, printed that label while on the phone with me, and then placed it for pickup.

They're a bit weird with requiring you to call in everything and seemingly only have one person taking calls, but that's some pretty good customer service when you do get through.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

There’s like 3 One:12 ones. Those are the same kind of fancy and expensive.

I have a high-quality KO of the One:12 classic red DD, and it's fantastic.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Anyone ever heard of or use Action Figure Headquarters before? They’ve got a few things I’m interested in but I’d rather not have my money tied up in a scam for weeks.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

RevKrule posted:

The Daredevil collection post from above reminds me there was a series of blind box toys from like the mid 2000s where the figure came in like a crate and was in like 3-6 pieces and you assembled it. The whole figure was like maybe 2 or 3 inches tall. I'm reminded because I remember having the Daredevil and I think the Nightcrawler and Phoenix. Does anyone else remember this?

Yea I think I had the daredevil as well. I got some with a 400 dollar haul of Marvel Legends from KB Toys.
That was probably the greatest toy find day for me. Managed to get like 6-7 waves of ML I was missing plus a ton of extras. Sold some stuff above cost but below retail to cover the whole thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
17 detolfs reassembled.

Now to clean them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I never assembled mine and I’m about to throw them out because they keep shattering

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

I never assembled mine and I’m about to throw them out because they keep shattering

Shattering? I've moved 6 of these three times now and they're still going strong.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When I was moving mine I must’ve set it down too hard or something because the whole thing exploded. It sucked.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

17 detolfs reassembled.

Now to clean them.

17? Jesus Christ.

I’ve got 5, I could probably fit like 3 more in the nerd room if I planned it out right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

17? Jesus Christ.

I’ve got 5, I could probably fit like 3 more in the nerd room if I planned it out right.

Yeah I was out of control. They changed the design right after i bought my first four (thinner glass, smaller access hole on top) and those originals have more dings than the others. I'm probably going to assess the new room and sell a few off to de clutter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you need more better buy them up, word is the black/brown one is being discontinued.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

If you need more better buy them up, word is the black/brown one is being discontinued.

In retrospect I should have done white anyways.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

In retrospect I should have done white anyways.

I like the black ones a lot; if you’re looking to offload some then keep me in mind, although I dunno if I’d get murdered on shipping.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Amazon has a Star Wars sale that includes some Black Series, Tamashii Nations Movie Realization, and Bandai model kit figures.

I've been wanting to check out the Bandai stuff for a while so I picked up a Stormtrooper kit for $16 and the R2-D2/C-3PO pack for $31.

Thanks for posting this.

Unfortunately, I put a shitload of them in my cart last night and made the mistake of not pulling the trigger immediately.

My wife, laying in bed next to me, also puts something in the cart, turns to me and exclaims, ”WTF, did you put all of these Star Wars toys in the cart, :nyd:” of course I mumbled something trying to deny it and then was just too ashamed to purchase them after that

:negative:

Sometimes I really resent this hobby, the compulsive need to constantly consume and myself.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

sticksy posted:

Sometimes I really resent this hobby, the compulsive need to constantly consume and myself.

Haha, I relate to this...

Good thread title material.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

You know after getting the new ML retro card Spider-Man I boxed up my Mafex one and am going to sell it.

It's unquestionably great, but I just didn't think it was a big enough upgrade over the ML to justify the difference. That being said I got in Cyclops and Wolverine recently and am in love with both of those.

For myself I have wanted a perfect McFarlane Spidey forever. He had just started drawing Amazing Spider-Man when I first started reading Spider-Man so on a certain level it is what I consider him to look like. That being said I do love the classic Romita 70s Spider-Man that is in the Retro card. I need to find one, but I now have my Spidey and I doubt anything better is going to come along any time soon to replace it.

I would like to see a in depth review of the Cyclops and Wolverine. I have Brown Suit from the Juggy wave a few years ago and that is basically what I have wanted in a Wolverine for years. The Mafex looks good but I am not sure how much better it is.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

sticksy posted:

My wife, laying in bed next to me, also puts something in the cart, turns to me and exclaims, ”WTF, did you put all of these Star Wars toys in the cart, :nyd:
Exchange her for a better wife :colbert:

Alternately, be forever-alone and then you don't have to worry about things like that!!

*weeps softly into a pillow*

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Get a wife who also collects toys like me :smugdog:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My Ronin Jango Fett arrived today and it’s so drat cool. I kinda regret not picking up 3PO and Maul as well now.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I picked up the Onmitsu Shadowtrooper. I already had the samurai Vader and I figured he'd look even better with a matching friend.

I should have grabbed the Force FX Dooku saber that disappeared from the options later, but I have delusions of getting the one from Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Djarum posted:

For myself I have wanted a perfect McFarlane Spidey forever. He had just started drawing Amazing Spider-Man when I first started reading Spider-Man so on a certain level it is what I consider him to look like. That being said I do love the classic Romita 70s Spider-Man that is in the Retro card. I need to find one, but I now have my Spidey and I doubt anything better is going to come along any time soon to replace it.

I would like to see a in depth review of the Cyclops and Wolverine. I have Brown Suit from the Juggy wave a few years ago and that is basically what I have wanted in a Wolverine for years. The Mafex looks good but I am not sure how much better it is.

The Mafex Cyclops is flat out better. Wolverine on the other hand could have an argument that the ML is "better" depending on what you're looking for. With Wolverine it comes down to the claws and posing. The yellow suit claws a 100% straight; if that's okay then no big deal, but I prefer a bit more stylized myself, so they seemed a bit strange at first (the brown suit version does seem to have fixed this).

As far as posing goes, the ML beats Mafex hands down.The more extream the pose the more the ML shines. Biggest notices are in the butterflies at the shoulders and the hips. If you're someone who poses in relatively simple or even straight standing poses the Mafex is probably the better fig, but if you want Wolverine wild and crazy the ML is the way to go.

I will say that I like this Mafex one enough that I may buy the brown suit version suit as well.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

edit ^^^ That's a great collection. I love seeing character specific stuff.

Thank you! Most people here have seen it ad nauseum, but my other character-specific collection is Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

Animal Man has been traded:

This Green Lantern has been sold:

And my only other Funko Pops:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ve got “character shrines” for a few characters (notably Black Cat and She-Hulk), I’ll see if I can take some pics.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I’ve got “character shrines” for a few characters (notably Black Cat and She-Hulk), I’ll see if I can take some pics.

Please do. I also love seeing character-specific collections, especially when they aren't just nearly-identical Batman figures like on some other forums.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Please do. I also love seeing character-specific collections, especially when they aren't just nearly-identical Batman figures like on some other forums.

I've got a Goku shrine, and they're all "nearly identical" besides hair and sometimes color :v:

All of my Batman figures are at least from a completely different incarnation: cartoons, comics, movies, anime, video games, etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. Was watching a lot of Eternia weapons and I tossed out a stupid high number and still got outbid. Sucks but I really only needed half the parts so I just bought them from a different ebay seller. Down to 13 pieces (and 2 damaged to replace) and it's complete!

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Nice! The only time I've seen an Eternia in person was a display back when it was released. Dead jealous.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I've got Phoenix/Psylocke/Chun-Li collections, but they're spread out across a few different places in the house. I'll try to snap some pictures!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pitwar posted:

Nice! The only time I've seen an Eternia in person was a display back when it was released. Dead jealous.

I forgot to include the monorail tracks in my parts list but I'm planning on trying to modify/repair the stuff I have for now. Two more lots I'm watching and if those fall through I'll just buy more single pieces!

Edit:

Need opinions. Corner-angled cases. Yes or no? I own 17 of these stupid things and if i do this I can fit 16 of them on this one wall (8 on either side of the tv stand).

Edit 2: this is what i'm spitballing in the TF thread

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 12, 2020

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Somehow I started collecting Sabers, she’s not even my favorite Fate character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I kind of like this

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

edit ^^^ That's a great collection. I love seeing character specific stuff.

You know after getting the new ML retro card Spider-Man I boxed up my Mafex one and am going to sell it.

It's unquestionably great, but I just didn't think it was a big enough upgrade over the ML to justify the difference. That being said I got in Cyclops and Wolverine recently and am in love with both of those.

I honestly think the ML Spider-Man is more poseable than the Mafex one in some key ways. I also don't like the size of the hands and feet on the Mafex, and the prevalence of some of the joints just really break up the sculpt for me. There's also more of a fun factor with ML in terms of interchangeable parts and durability. I added some magnets to the feet and the fun factor took off immensely.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 12, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I kind of like this

I'd get one of those lamps with the small shelves underneath to fill that space. Like this. It's square so it fits the space, the light isn't just pointed up and you've got a little shelf space under the lamp itself as well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

I kind of like this

How does a 5th detolf look at a 45° angle facing outward? It gives a nice seamless look to the corner and gets rid of that annoying cord that looks like will forever run across the floor.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Wasn't there someone in this thread that had a huge Captain America collection?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The corner shelf is going to look really bad when dust starts accumulating back there and it'll be a pain in the rear end to clean. The lamp is a much better idea.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

The corner shelf is going to look really bad when dust starts accumulating back there and it'll be a pain in the rear end to clean. The lamp is a much better idea.

Why not just but a cover over the corner shelf that sits flush with the walls so dust can collect behind it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I'd get one of those lamps with the small shelves underneath to fill that space. Like this. It's square so it fits the space, the light isn't just pointed up and you've got a little shelf space under the lamp itself as well.

I'm not really feeling that lamp design. Also I have two of these already.

Louisgod posted:

How does a 5th detolf look at a 45° angle facing outward? It gives a nice seamless look to the corner and gets rid of that annoying cord that looks like will forever run across the floor.

Look up a couple posts, I had one angled and it just doesn't look right. The cord will run behind the cases to the left and be well hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Look up a couple posts, I had one angled and it just doesn't look right. The cord will run behind the cases to the left and be well hidden.

oh hah overlooked that one for some reason. Maybe gregday can loan you his Batsuit to put in the corner.