Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This thread should now be dedicated to helping others get a switch. Thanks. I'd like a switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

me too

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jebediah posted:

This thread should now be dedicated to helping others get a switch. Thanks. I'd like a switch.

Might I direct you to my Ebay auction?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm only buying them for babies. I call my initiative Switch'd at Birth.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Lol if you didn't buy 2 at 3 am on January 13th

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jebediah posted:

Go to a Walmart on March 3rd, enjoy your Switch

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

go wait in front of the Nintendo Store in NYC right now with some lame youtuber.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

glassyalabolas posted:

go wait in front of the Nintendo Store in NYC right now with some lame youtuber.

This guy is no Triforce.

But then again that's probably a good thing.

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
Did Amazon (US) already sell out of pro controller preorders or was it just listed and hasn't gone live yet? I know it's available on other sites for pre order just would prefer to order it through them!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This guy is no Triforce.

But then again that's probably a good thing.

I work close enough, I'm going to go check on him weekly. Hope he's ready for lovely cold weather and hordes of NES classic scalpers.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Forbidden Donut posted:

Did Amazon (US) already sell out of pro controller preorders or was it just listed and hasn't gone live yet? I know it's available on other sites for pre order just would prefer to order it through them!

Amazon sold out but GameStop and BestBuy have been reopening orders pretty frequently.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

glassyalabolas posted:

I work close enough, I'm going to go check on him weekly. Hope he's ready for lovely cold weather and hordes of NES classic scalpers.

Keep us posted.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It's funny, if the Switch had Stardew Valley as a launch title, I would be dropping like $600 on it, BOTW, and a pro controller. Since it's not, I can play BOTW on Wii U, and wait on Stardew Valley till it comes out on the Switch and I get it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

LionArcher posted:

It's funny, if the Switch had Stardew Valley as a launch title, I would be dropping like $600 on it, BOTW, and a pro controller. Since it's not, I can play BOTW on Wii U, and wait on Stardew Valley till it comes out on the Switch and I get it.

Look at this peasant that won't be able to play Zelda while he's making GBS threads.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

Look at this peasant that won't be able to play Zelda while he's making GBS threads.

lol if you don't have a flatscreen and game systems in your bathroom or a toilet in your game room

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like to read SA while I take a poo poo and post, like right now

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So when does NYPD kick that guy to the curb for trying to live outside a Nintendo store for a month?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I do not understand the mindset of console campers.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Camping is a legitimate strategy :colbert:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Cojawfee posted:

So when does NYPD kick that guy to the curb for trying to live outside a Nintendo store for a month?

I saw a cop, do nothing as someone depants and crapped in the street, 2 months ago in NY. I think hes in more danger of getting syphilis from debris.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That guy is hoping he can post the same video every day and bump his subscriber base up to 1 million when one of them goes viral.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

bef posted:

I like to read SA while I take a poo poo and post, like right now

Yeah making GBS threads is for posting, not for gaming.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

FYI someone trying to buy a game system isn't the only one living on the streets of New York.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

What does everyone want to argue about now? How about how SM64 is actually trash? That should get people riled up on both sides.

MK64 is the worst Mario Kart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Borsche69 posted:

I say SMK is the worst.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Diddy Kong Racing is the best Mario Kart.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Borsche69 posted:

I tried playing it last weekend and Rainbow Road is an unplayable blur of color. A lot of courses were actually straining my eyes.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Lodin posted:

Frankly I'm glad I don't have to get a Switch at launch. All I really care about is Zelda and since the Dishwasher recently shat itself that made the decision of just getting it on WiiU simple.
A mate of mine is Bomberman crazy (he even has Act Zero) so I'll just play that and Snipperclips at his place.
I'll probably look into getting the console once at least Mario Kart and Spaltoon 2 are out.
Or he can bring the Switch over to your place! Or anywhere! At a park, or rooftop party!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What city should I move to to ensure the best possibility of a rooftop party? I need somewhere to take my switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

PerrineClostermann posted:

Camping is a legitimate strategy :colbert:

:hfive:

I didn't go 59-0 in BLOPS 3 by running around.
Or 30-0 last night.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Borsche69 posted:

The mode 7 games exist.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wasn't the gba game pretty lousy

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Waltzing Along posted:

I say SMK is the worst.

I have so much trouble with SMK, the completely flat roads just totally mess me up

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Super Mario Kart has og Rainbow Road, the feather and it's really solid for a first entry into a relatively new genre so if it's the worst it's still pretty good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
MK ranking order:

MK8
MKWii
MK7
MKDD
MKDS
MK64
MKSS
SMK

You notice how, for the most part, each iteration has been better than the last? It's because each one has been better. Except DS and 7 which get dropped due to being on teeny screens with lesser controls due to the size.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mahoning posted:

Diddy Kong Racing is the best Mario Kart.

I was actually going to pick this up for DS the other day but it was 14 dollars and it would never be as good as when I played it with my friend in the 90s.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Both of the DS games are definitely better than the Wii one.

7 brought me back in after I thought the Wii one killed my interest in it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lemming posted:

Presumably those little indicators show how many people in each setup you can have, so I would imagine theoretically there are games you could only play in certain ways, but I imagine that'd be up to the specific developers.

what does the hermaphrodite warning sign means

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

what does the hermaphrodite warning sign means

Some sexual content I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Cojawfee posted:

I was actually going to pick this up for DS the other day but it was 14 dollars and it would never be as good as when I played it with my friend in the 90s.

Actually the ds version is far superior to the original. You'll like it.

• Locked thread