Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That's rhino enslavement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bumper stickers are analogue social media.

I used to see this one EVERYWHERE.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love people using bias instead of biased. :allears:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Who What Now posted:

You guys taught me some new gun trivia, and for that I thank you. Seriously, I love gun trivia. Thank you all.

A bit late, but if you want gun trivia, check our forgotten weapons on YouTube.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

chitoryu12 posted:

So does that mean minorities and women never play video games because they can't identify with straight, cis, white, male protagonists?

I can only identify with Italian Plumbers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe I'm looking too deep into nothing but this still annoys me. What the gently caress is the point they're even trying to make here?

http://imgur.com/gallery/BXlmb

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe I'm looking too deep into nothing but this still annoys me. What the gently caress is the point they're even trying to make here?

http://imgur.com/gallery/BXlmb

That you shouldn't be paying paying attention to meme girl with her bad attitude that gives me the vapors, but instead these kids who the author definitely knew about before googling "precocious young people" like ten minutes ago.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I think the point is that some teen got famous for being a cranky rear end in a top hat on TV, but we should all be paying attention to these very accomplished teens instead, because human beings can only know about one teenager at a time.

It is a loving stupid point. Good for those very accomplished teens, though.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
People bitching about the girl getting her 15 minutes of fame are far more annoying than whatever she's doing now.

HOW THE HECK BOW DAH?

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

One of them even says he is one of the 5 most popular viewed TED talks of all time. He already is (somewhat) famous. Completely counters his own point.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The only reason I've even ever heard "cash me outside" or whatever the gently caress the phrase is is because people won't stop bitching about it.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
People are more interested in hearing about what crazy poo poo a bratty loudmouth teenager is up to rather than a bunch of straightlaced dorks getting scholarships, whodathunk?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

That's how it always goes. My exposure to Kanye west and Kim Kardashian would be reduced by 99% if people stopped talking about how they wished those two would go away.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://imgur.com/gallery/BJFUskL

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
THOSE drat TEENAGE GIRLS!!! :females:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Laffo the description from that link

The documentary follows feminist filmmaker Cassie Jaye as she sets out to document the mysterious and polarising world of the Men's Rights Movement, where she begins to question her own beliefs.

Jaye began the process as a feminist, but she ended up not only sympathising with the MRAs, but fundamentally questioning the “aggressive” ethos of modern feminism.

For her efforts, she says she has been smeared, threatened with “career suicide” and even saw her funding dry up – to the point where the movie was unlikely to see the light of day.

But then something incredible happened: via a Kickstarter fund, a “global army” of 2,732 free speech advocates (of both genders), raised a staggering $211,260, ensuring the movie’s cinematic release.

(also nice artifacts)

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
"Woman discovers internalized misogyny"

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

mng posted:

People bitching about the girl getting her 15 minutes of fame are far more annoying than whatever she's doing now.

HOW THE HECK BOW DAH?

the single most annoying thing is this post bitching about bitching.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That's rhino enslavement.

Here you go: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id1148882060?mt=8

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

Bumper stickers are analogue social media.

I used to see this one EVERYWHERE.

Liberal media cut across the grain so it's stretchier.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've tried to get some clear hate speech removed from Facebook in the past with no luck. Then this happened in response to a guy making a whole bunch of mysoginistic jokes on a Woman's Day post.

Trump's America sucks.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FAROOQ posted:

the single most annoying thing is this post bitching about bitching.

You would think so, but there is one level above that even.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

I've tried to get some clear hate speech removed from Facebook in the past with no luck. Then this happened in response to a guy making a whole bunch of mysoginistic jokes on a Woman's Day post.

Trump's America sucks.

Jenn has been betrayed.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RareAcumen posted:

Apparently you aren't important or useful or some poo poo like that unless you're also famous, and that being briefly (in)famous is better than being smart/talented/etc. for a lifetime.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

there should be a GBS thread called "post everytime you LOL that the nazis and misogynists won"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glukeose posted:

That you shouldn't be paying paying attention to meme girl with her bad attitude that gives me the vapors, but instead these kids who the author definitely knew about before googling "precocious young people" like ten minutes ago.

This is bitching about a meme? I'd never even heard about this before this post because it's just never come up til now.

How loving ridiculous for imgur of all websites to be complaining about memes though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

This is bitching about a meme? I'd never even heard about this before this post because it's just never come up til now.

How loving ridiculous for imgur of all websites to be complaining about memes though.

It's some bitchy 13-year-old who got 15 minutes of fame for an appearance on Dr. Phil where she was awful, but I guess in a funny way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu10IiXVNBk

The actual problematic part is that if she had darker skin, nobody would be finding her behavior quite as precocious and entertaining.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Low Desert Punk posted:

there should be a GBS thread called "post everytime you LOL that the nazis and misogynists won"

We'd probably break some sort of forums code for a thread getting too big.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

It's some bitchy 13-year-old who got 15 minutes of fame for an appearance on Dr. Phil where she was awful, but I guess in a funny way?

The actual problematic part is that if she had darker skin, nobody would be finding her behavior quite as precocious and entertaining.

We should be giving her a trophy for managing to make an appearance on Dr.Phil go well.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
She's trying so hard and sounding so cajun. It's kinda cute in an obnoxious way.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

She's from Florida. Of course she is.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

We should be giving her a trophy for managing to make an appearance on Dr.Phil go well.

all Dr. Phil appearances should take place in the virtual world of computer games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFqNIcQmSNE

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fathis Munk posted:

Laffo the description from that link

The documentary follows feminist filmmaker Cassie Jaye as she sets out to document the mysterious and polarising world of the Men's Rights Movement, where she begins to question her own beliefs.

Jaye began the process as a feminist, but she ended up not only sympathising with the MRAs, but fundamentally questioning the “aggressive” ethos of modern feminism.

For her efforts, she says she has been smeared, threatened with “career suicide” and even saw her funding dry up – to the point where the movie was unlikely to see the light of day.

But then something incredible happened: via a Kickstarter fund, a “global army” of 2,732 free speech advocates (of both genders), raised a staggering $211,260, ensuring the movie’s cinematic release.

(also nice artifacts)

Meanwhile,

"Waah why would they give Anita Sarkeesian money to buy VIDEO GAMES AND TEAR THEM DOWN?!"

Anyway, for some more light heartened IOSM, I had a chuckle at a video while scrolling past my feed.

No, I'm pretty sure that's Game of Thrones right there. (It's just boxing/mma but as medieval knights)

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

chitoryu12 posted:

Is this something that happened recently because kids have been on going on Maury with attitudes like that for years.
A few friends of mine shared the stupid meme about how the poor 13 year old with 2 college degrees doesn't have as many Instagram followers, thus our society is so backwards. But I had never even heard of this girl before I saw the meme so thanks for making this girl you don't like even more famous?
Anyone who equates social media popularity with usefulness to society is the real idiot.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Ularg posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that's Game of Thrones right there. (It's just boxing/mma but as medieval knights)

Nah, not enough rape and underage sex

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Same guy who posted some dumb MRA meme I posted earlier.

Edit: Oh man, the conversation is real dumb, too. Travis Tee is the original poster, Elle Bowdrop is the only female in the discussion. Nothing of value in the "view more replies" thread.

Intoluene has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Mar 10, 2017

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

that's basically the trump cspam thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

😍😍😍😍😘