Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I cant wait for more...
Fwd 3.5l v6

Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Maybe they'll spice up the Mazda2 version of the Yaris. :twisted:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

A spicy yaris would be so neat. Wouldn't it be nice to have an actual small car that's also a hot hatch not unlike the Fiesta ST? I mean there's the cooper S, but those things are getting porky now. I wonder when BMW will introduce an alphabet soup Mini that's actually a small car.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BloodBag posted:

A spicy yaris would be so neat. Wouldn't it be nice to have an actual small car that's also a hot hatch not unlike the Fiesta ST? I mean there's the cooper S, but those things are getting porky now. I wonder when BMW will introduce an alphabet soup Mini that's actually a small car.

Yessss

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Keep going, I'm almost there :awesome:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

BloodBag posted:

The Mini Cooper S is still pretty small. It's 150" long as a three door, or 10" shorter than the Fiesta.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I cant wait for more...
Fwd 3.5l v6

Again.

Maybe they'll quietly use the IS platform and call it a Gazoo Camry or something. :haw:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Maybe they'll quietly use the IS platform and call it a Gazoo Camry or something. :haw:

Or more likely, they'll just put a body kit on an i4 camry and call it the TRD Gazoo F2000 hypersport edition.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
They should build a solid competitor to the Focus RS and, to a lesser extent, the Golf R because it's an extremely underserved market and I want one for under MSRP eventually.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Or more likely, they'll just put a body kit on an i4 camry and call it the TRD Gazoo F2000 hypersport edition.

But, but, it'll have some fancy front diff that defeats torque steer. :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

But, but, it'll have some fancy front diff that defeats torque steer. :ohdear:

As a $2,900 dealer-installed option,

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

To tame 290 furious horsepowers.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BloodBag posted:

The first gen Scion xB had a supercharger as an option plus TRD kit like lowering springs, exhaust, etc.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

The first gen Scion xB had a supercharger as an option plus TRD kit like lowering springs, exhaust, etc.

So after spending a few grand you can upgrade from piss slow to just slow.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I cant wait for more...
Fwd 3.5l v6

Again.

You're thinking of Nissan Racing. ;)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

PCOS Bill posted:

Seeing one of those toasters hauling rear end around a track would be a sight to see.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Have definitely seen a late 90s RAV-4 hauling away from a light with a roots lower whine. Same motor and kit, perhaps?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

There's a guy around here that participates in various rally groups and events who's got a rally-prepped and (IIRC) turbocharged Yaris. When you first see it you laugh, but then you hear it as it rips rear end around a RallyX course and you are just :stare:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheMadMilkman posted:

So after spending a few grand you can upgrade from piss slow to just slow.

Yes because the Yaris, which was what was being talked about immediately before in reference to suping up, is a drag car by comparison. :rolleyes:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Toyota enjoys producing TRD superchargers that cost an absolute fortune that nobody buys. Solara supercharger!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ford has a robot DJing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDzi6zm7SHA

Also, the 1.0 ecoboost now has cylinder deactivation, because, you know, sometimes 3 is too much.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

Also, the 1.0 ecoboost now has cylinder deactivation, because, you know, sometimes 3 is too much.

Man, I'm really curious what kind of mileage that thing will see now.

We had a Fiesta, but it had the huge, fuel-sucking four cylinder.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Powershift posted:

Goddamn. I'm not sure if that's a render or an actual photo, but either way that is fantastic looking little car.

Don't those 1.0 EBs already get like 60+ MPG?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They say 6%. the current one is rated at 41mpg highway, so 43mpg highway?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Either they did something special with how they deactivate cylinders (periodically switching which one?) or that thing is going to shake like crazy.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnDsYFjPzII

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

2018 Kia GT Leaked in Near-Production Form

:shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What kind of engine?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

euphronius posted:

What kind of engine?

Most rags seem to think turbo v6 for top engine, but I recall a month or three ago there was speculation of a V8 based on a V8-ty sounding mule. I'd expect the safe bets to be the Turbo 6, turbo 4 and *maybe* an N/A 6 in between.

Hopefully they'll go balls out and actually offer a V8, but if there was a V8 mule it could have been a tester for the Genesis G70 (with a potential V8).

We shall see.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm so mad we don't get the wagon version of the Fusion/Mondeo ST.

Most rags seem to think turbo v6 for top engine, but I recall a month or three ago there was speculation of a V8 based on a V8-ty sounding mule. I'd expect the safe bets to be the Turbo 6, turbo 4 and *maybe* an N/A 6 in between.

Hopefully they'll go balls out and actually offer a V8, but if there was a V8 mule it could have been a tester for the Genesis G70 (with a potential V8).

We shall see.

The TT V6 from the G80/G90 would be my guess.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 30, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nice

May buy that car with the tt v6 or the 8.

I hope there is an awd option

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

euphronius posted:

Nice

May buy that car with the tt v6 or the 8.

I hope there is an awd option

Genesis is AWD only in Canada, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they have an AWD version.

(Whether it's available everywhere is another matter)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

KillHour posted:

word

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

We shall see.

Having a car with the TT v6 it can have a bit of a nice exhaust note in the right circumstances. It's also not huge and should not have packaging problems. I can't see the NA v6 as being needed with the other two options but who knows. Tuners will go nuts with the TT once it's in more sporting and smaller chassis. Chassises?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No chance of a Tau II v8?
Aw.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

KillHour posted:

I'm pretty sure a ST wagon doesn't exist anywhere. There is an "ST-line" appearance package for the Euro market wagon but the biggest engine you can have is a 180hp diesel. Only the US get the 2.7 ecoboost in the sport.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I thought this was neat.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-last-uplander-1789511240

GM walked away from the Uplander/Montana plant with partially assembled vans still on the line.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Funny, that link brought me back to Kia/Genesis chat since someone there just posted this Speculations on Future Genesis and Kia RWD Models

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if I'm reading it correctly was that beige Uplander sitting there for the better part of a decade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Humbug posted:

I'm pretty sure a ST wagon doesn't exist anywhere. There is an "ST-line" appearance package for the Euro market wagon but the biggest engine you can have is a 180hp diesel. Only the US get the 2.7 ecoboost in the sport.

There is a Focus ST wagon though (I know because I have a co worker that won't shut up about how they're totally going to import one from the UK)