Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

So, Oxxxidation, I'm curious. What do you think of these trickster shenanigans so far, now that we have some idea of what the deal is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think there's even money here that )(IC knew about all this already.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ablative posted:

She just gave up the opportunity to get a prisoner back. Not just any prisoner, either, a loving PLAYER.

She's just as freaked out as everyone else.
Ehhhh... keep in mind she gave Roxy the ring that helped her escape. I don't really think HIC cares that Roxy is on the lamb.
I am a Wrong Ronald.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 15, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DaveKap posted:

Ehhhh... keep in mind she gave Roxy the ring that helped her escape. I don't really think HIC cares that Roxy is on the lamb.

Actually, DD gave her the ring.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Ariong posted:

So, Oxxxidation, I'm curious. What do you think of these trickster shenanigans so far, now that we have some idea of what the deal is?

Oxxidation posted:

Oh my dear loving Christ in heaven Roxy run

He's just as freaked out as everyone else.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ariong posted:

Ugh for some reason I thought it was inside the folder.
I dunno I still get the feeling HIC just doesn't care. I guess the only proof I could have is whatever's written inside HIC's folder. It's probably something Roxy could only do if she was able to leave prison.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I think there's even money here that )(IC knew about all this already.

I'm betting that she didn't and that she's just going WELP and washing her hands of the entire affair as she gets back onto her spaceship and ollies outie back into space forever.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Ariong posted:

Are you sure about this? Based off 7464 (where DD states Roxy is out of his jurisdiction and something he's gonna leave alone) and 7471 (Where HIC demands the ring back - presumably to give to CD to deliver to Roxy) it doesn't look like he had anything to do with it. Or am I misreading this? Did DD respond to the order to give back the ring by giving it to Roxy instead?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fargo Fukes posted:

Are you sure about this? Based off 7464 (where DD states Roxy is out of his jurisdiction and something he's gonna leave alone) and 7471 (Where HIC demands the ring back - presumably to give to CD to deliver to Roxy) it doesn't look like he had anything to do with it. Or am I misreading this? Did DD respond to the order to give back the ring by giving it to Roxy instead?

It's currently unclear.

1) Because the ring has no actual effect on HIC, DD could easily have given her back a fake.
2) We never actually see DD returning the ring.
3) The ring was given to Roxy separately from HIC's briefing, whereas if HIC had given it to her you would expect it to have been given with the briefing.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

fatherdog posted:

It's currently unclear.

1) Because the ring has no actual effect on HIC, DD could easily have given her back a fake.
2) We never actually see DD returning the ring.
3) The ring was given to Roxy separately from HIC's briefing, whereas if HIC had given it to her you would expect it to have been given with the briefing.

Unless Condy knew Roxy wouldn't accept the ring if she thought it was from her! It really could go either way though.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Android Blues posted:

Unless Condy knew Roxy wouldn't accept the ring if she thought it was from her!

That's why I said it's currently unclear. There are reasons to believe either case.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
When I read Jake and Jane talk in Trickster Mode, the only thing I can imagine is this.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I made a Trickster outfit out of stuff I already had, mostly because someone in YLLS called this dress/tights combo "like an icecream, in a good way."

Now it is ice cream in a bad way, and I've had that green skull for years, way before I even heard of Homestuck.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I made a Trickster outfit out of stuff I already had, mostly because someone in YLLS called this dress/tights combo "like an icecream, in a good way."

Now it is ice cream in a bad way, and I've had that green skull for years, way before I even heard of Homestuck.

That's nice and all, very nice in fact, but I need to know where to get that skull at your earliest convenience.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Hobby Lobby Halloween sale. It was gray but I put green glitter on it.

Edit: I'd like to challenge the rest of you to make Trickster outfits also.

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 16, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You need to borrow some pool balls to stick in the skull's eye sockets.

And a golden fang. (Or a candy corn.)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Keep an eye out for fifty cent.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

You need to borrow some pool balls to stick in the skull's eye sockets.

And a golden fang. (Or a candy corn.)

This is basically the only possible thing to do.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Ariong posted:

That's nice and all, very nice in fact, but I need to know where to get that skull at your earliest convenience.

Funnily enough, I was in the automotive section of a store recently and I noticed they had a hell of a lot of skull accessories, mostly shift stick knobs.. And every one of them was green and only green in color. :tinfoil:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dorroile posted:

This is basically the only possible thing to do.

And so help you they'd better be the 4 and 13 balls.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Fucknag posted:

And so help you they'd better be the 4 and 13 balls.

6/12 a close second.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Get outta there Roxy! You can still make it!

She can make it, right?:ohdear:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Get outta there Roxy! You can still make it!

She can make it, right?:ohdear:

Nah, she's boned.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

In swoops Dad!

She's so boned

EDIT: Why do these flashes have volume meters?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Why do these flashes have volume meters?

Hussie uses a template and forgot to remove it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So I seemed to have wound up in a really weird part of town

It's called Jollystuck

And I am scared out of my loving mind

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Nah, she's boned.

Well, at least she accepts the fact... Right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just gonna go ahead and point out that Roxy you have a loving portal gun.

And if that doesn't float your boat, you have a regular gun too.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Criminy. The page with the closeup of Jake's changing eyes. This is the uncomfiest I've been so far in this update string.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

VJeff posted:

If you shoot a Trickster in the face the bullet would probably turn into a jellybean or something.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

VJeff posted:

The Batterwitch might have taken those away from her when she locked Roxy in the slammer.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

If you shoot a Trickster in the face the bullet would probably turn into a jellybean or something.

That would be hilarious. And then it would be even more terrifying.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I wonder how long until Roxy remembers she's intangable and capable of flight. Unless revived dreamselves can't fly? Either way she can just pass through the floor Kitty Pride style.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Get away from Roxy you candy-coated bastards :stonk:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

VJeff posted:

Using a portal gun's going to do rather a lot worse than not using one in this situation. They'd be able to see the portals and figure out from there where she went.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Sprite141 posted:

I wonder how long until Roxy remembers she's intangable and capable of flight. Unless revived dreamselves can't fly? Either way she can just pass through the floor Kitty Pride style.

I was gonna say Sollux flew after his corpsesmooch revival, but oh right he was able to fly beforehand. I think all the other revived players have been... gravity-attached? Yeah, that's a good word for it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

No one can escape the Smiles.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If revived-via-smooch dreamselves can't fly then dave has some seriously mad jumping skills.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The close-up on Jake's eyes made me feel more uncomfortable than I have in the entirety of Homestuck's run.

Holy poo poo. Get me out of here.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Tollymain posted:

If revived-via-smooch dreamselves can't fly then dave has some seriously mad jumping skills.

This is Dave we're talking about. He wouldn't have needed flight either way.