Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes ! Known as crooked Hillary . Lol what does that even mean? the Secretary of State formerly known as "crooked Hilldawg "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
Beautiful, beautiful coal

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Trump, please stop looking left.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

uh did this happen

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/767118616999432194

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
According to the first website I found when googling, there are 4500 total coal jobs in VA lol

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/WhosChrisKelly/status/767121340931403776

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

the pivot is real

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you read the article, no, it didn't.

quote:

In a meeting with his newly announced Hispanic advisory council, Donald Trump suggested he is interested in figuring out a “humane and efficient” manner to deal with immigrants in the country illegally, according to three sources, while stressing that it will still be in line with the border security-focused approach that has invited intense opposition from Latinos and immigrants since he launched his campaign.

“He said people who are here is the toughest part of the immigration debate, that it must be something that respects border security but deals with this in a humane and efficient manner,” said Jacob Monty, a Houston-based immigration lawyer who sat in Trump Tower with other Latino supporters and Trump.

Importantly, Trump did not explicitly use the word “legalization,” but people in the room feel it is the direction the campaign is going.

Trump had planned to meet with Hispanic leaders Friday, but instead went to Louisiana to observe the aftermath of flooding in the state. The group met without him, though, and one participant said the campaign accepted the idea of a task force to present ideas on how to accommodate undocumented workers short of amnesty.

“They want to put together a task force very much like the Ronald Reagan days, with the exception of amnesty,” said Jerry Natividad, a Hispanic Republican from Colorado who was at the Friday meeting. “I believe the campaign is very open to taking the initiative on this,” he said.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

StateOwned posted:

Beautiful, beautiful coal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRu3xtTH9ng

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He may have said that in the meeting. I'd be amazed if this made it into his policy or he changed anything at all. Probably in 2 weeks he'll be like, "and here's how what I said is possible under what I said before that, so you see I don't need to change anything"

edit - nevermind lol, of course not. In fact the language he used was basically, "we'll make sure their treatment is as humane as possible given that it will be a paramilitary force of goldshirts hunting them down and removing them"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

If you read the article, no, it didn't.
yes but if he said it in a meeting and people are talking about it and people are writing about it at one point a reporter is going to ask him or someone who works for him about it

and i imagine that will go great

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"uh, well, we're going to have to be humane, and also a task force" - a Pivot, according to increasingly desperate latino republicans.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

StateOwned posted:

According to the first website I found when googling, there are 4500 total coal jobs in VA lol

he also doesnt own his winery and its nowhere near even the biggest one in va

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
apparently a policy more draconian and fascist than """'self-deportation'""" counts as a pivot

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
"deals with this in a humane and efficient manner" sounds like what you'd say about putting down a sick pet

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He had two "good" teleprompter speeches and now we're back to Manafort level energy.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

keep digging GOP you'll hit that sweet sweet vein of non-voting whites eventually

In fairness, if she uses this technique to get him to change, and his poll numbers improve, she can then say, "There they are! And there are more of them out there, keep at it!"

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

hmm yeah thats not 3900. thats maybe 900.....

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Coal beautiful coal i love you.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries posted:

He had two "good" teleprompter speeches and now we're back to Manafort level energy.

Paulie had the good hookup for uppers, Conway said she had a connect but the stuff is bunk

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

AAB posted:

hm, a word comes to mind, :sad:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

AAB posted:

I'm the husky white guy in the cargo shorts

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

AAB posted:

I'm the guy in blue who has sweat so much it looks like he went swimming in his shirt.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is he going to hug a tank of coal slurry or something like he d id with the flag

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AAB posted:

I'm the third husky guy in cargo shorts.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hmmm I don't think going after VA gov's is the right move Donald. Especially lying about what they did

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This 'gently caress Tim Kaine' strategy.....might not go well, Donny

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im the REST ROOMS sign wider than the giant American flag

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
"movements don't joke"

I had Papa John's last night and can attest to this. Build that wall.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ah yes, calling for the black & hispanic populations to rise up against immigrants.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

gang numbers with large members

e: he's looking particularly spittle-flecked tonight

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
honor me with your vote

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ah yes, calling for the black & hispanic populations to rise up against immigrants.

This is how you can tell Breitbart is writing it all now

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Is David Duke losing his mind now?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
loving hell
"I want you to honor me with your vote"
1 minute later
"Hillary Clinton sees you only as a vote"

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

the latter of American success

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Indeed. We do not live in a binary world. Asger Jorn the Danish artist, writer and theoretician invented 3-sided football. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzbnKQKszm4

In a very real sense Lastgirl is the Situationist of C-SPAM.

its like you get me :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Is this one also boring?

• Locked thread