Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I got to see a Heart concert (they played a few Led Zeppelin songs too). It was kickass and Ann still sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

I went to see The Eels in concert and it was AMAZING!

I am so gutted though because he ran into the audience but didn't come to my side at all.

so good. so good.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Went in to get my badge made for my new job, start on Monday.

The campus is beautiful and I finally feel like i've broken my slump of dead end jobs

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The amazingly lovely upstairs neighbours (who, among other things, decided that THREE AM is a good time to use a vacuum cleaner) are getting evicted :dance:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm feeling a little better today and I discovered an outfit in my closet I forgot I had that looks pretty good! We're going out to dinner in a few hours to a place I've never been but the menu has me p. excited.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Perhaps only of any interest to Australian goons familiar with Bunnings and their religious-experience-sausage sizzles.

Or perhaps not even of interest to them, but this made my day. Mate of mine goes to Bunnings and convinces the volunteers to spell my name, while I'm in the queue at another store..

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Mikl posted:

The amazingly lovely upstairs neighbours (who, among other things, decided that THREE AM is a good time to use a vacuum cleaner) are getting evicted :dance:

I just moved into a new place and this made me so envious.

It's the first weekend of my new job. Whoo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A playboy playmate laughed at my joke on social media. That was p cool

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PuntCuncher posted:

Perhaps only of any interest to Australian goons familiar with Bunnings and their religious-experience-sausage sizzles.

Or perhaps not even of interest to them, but this made my day. Mate of mine goes to Bunnings and convinces the volunteers to spell my name, while I'm in the queue at another store..

:hfive: If you don't grab a sausage while you're at Bunnings, there's something wrong with you.

For actual content, I had a job interview with a really good company yesterday, who'd actually called me because while they hadn't had the job I'd applied for a few weeks back, they had something similar come up and my resume on file. Just gotta wait and hope now :pray:.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

My self-esteem is basically non-existent these days, and I psyched myself out about one of the few things I had confidence in by taking too many photos of my model ex and convincing myself they were only any good because of the emotional connection I had with her. So today I shot a male model who I met for the first time an hour before the shoot and we killed it. My emotional state and personal relationships are in ruins, but at least I'm actually decent at what I've chosen to do with my life.

skip.
Nov 26, 2007

I found out I'm allowed to bring my dog with me to work. Which is awesome considering that I'm a nurse.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Turns out I don't need major dental surgery, and I got my paycheck a day late but with way more money than I expected. I can probably afford new glasses AND a few trips to the climbing gym!

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I went up to a beach I've been to a bunch of times. I figured I wouldn't see anything besides the usual sea anemones but nope, I saw a giant pacific octopus, a smaller octopus and a mink in the wild. I've never seen the first two in the wild before.

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

my day was good. thanks, everyone.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Came back to work after taking vacation days Thursday and Friday of last week to hear that we set new sales records for last quarter and for the month of April, so I had a cool $200 in bonus bucks waiting for me when I got in today :toot:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My FAFSA got processed!! MOONNNEEEY on the way!! Plus my hair looked really good and we're about to have amazing sandwiches.

I also found out my doctor is in-network; I can get seen by somebody I trust!

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Jul 29, 2014

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My exercise routine has been going well, I scored a sick leather jacket at Goodwill for only $30, my new Warby Parker frames should be here soon, my summer class is nearly over, and I have the first two weeks of August off, so I can finally go to this climbing gym I've been meaning to check out.

Also, I'm making plans to visit my friend in Boston in a few months, which is exciting.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Laverna posted:

I went to see The Eels in concert and it was AMAZING!

I am so gutted though because he ran into the audience but didn't come to my side at all.

so good. so good.

20 days late on this but man, that must've been great! I love The Eels so much. :3:

My day was awesome because I found my favorite shampoo on sale in the larger size, which I can't usually afford/justify buying. 50% more free! (And I just ran out this morning!)

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am one day closer to death lmao

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Got to the commuter lot this morning, and there's a group of about 50 people handing out free coffee, donuts, and breakfast bars. When I asked them why, they said they were just spreading the love of Jesus by being kind

No pressure, no preaching, just offering food and drink to the people in line for the bus or the carpool. Very nice to see people just being nice.

And the fact that they were handing out Dunkin' Donuts coffee and donuts is proof that there is a just and loving God.

(pleasedontbeacultpleasedontbeacultpleasedontbeacult)

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
New Transfer Student Orientation at CSUN today. It was a bit cheesy and boring at times, but it did motivate me. I know that college degrees aren't as important as they used to be, but after going to Community College for 8 years, for various reasons, and working some lovely food service job, I want to make the absolute best of my time here. Also, free donuts and OJ.

I also met one of my roommates for my dorm today. He seems nice, even if I'm 98% sure he's a goon.

Okuteru has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Jul 31, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I got a letter from the ministry of education that said I graduated high school with honours. I also had a couple of pork buns.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The ring setting that I want to propose to my girlfriend with is available in the metal I want (rose gold) :buddy: Sure they have to special order it but I have a couple months until I wanted to pop it anyway, plus I don't think it will cost any extra.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
It's my birthday and I got to have gyros and I got a karimba and some scented oils as gifts.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
My husband and I've been going through a rough patch (more like a field of 6 foot tall thistles) but he's agreed that we both need mental help right now and we'll be finding some one on one therapy asap. Just had our second marriage counseling session yesterday. He took his ring off when we got home because I'd said that we'd be better off apart and we started talking about who gets what, but last night I realized that we (mostly I) was giving up too easily. So he's going to help me through starting anti-depressants once I can get something prescribed and I'm going to sleep in the guest room for now and we're just gonna take things one day at a time and I'm going to try to stop being such an ungrateful bitch about everything he's done for me.

I still love him, damnit. With outside help (therapy, meds and having a handful of friends in the loop) we should be able to fix this and have the changes stick more firmly than the last few times we've had rough patches.

So my day is already awesome today (at 9:30am, not normally up this early!) because he let me put his wedding ring back on his finger and he's going to help me unfuck my head and my bad habits.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Scheduled my orientation at the hospital I'm going to be working at, and finally have everything arranged to move to a new town and start working my first career job.

I'm just a lab tech, so it's nothing really amazing in the grand scheme of things, but it's the career I want, and this is happening a month before I turn 30. I went into college straight out of high school with no clue what I wanted to do with my life and spent most of my 20s wasting time, wasting my dad's money, and wallowing in depression. Everything's still not great, but this is the most I've ever had my poo poo sorted out, and I'm glad I'm not the useless gently caress-up I feared I was.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Got a promotion and an office after only 1 year of working here. :yotj:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

BlueOccamy posted:

My husband and I've been going through a rough patch (more like a field of 6 foot tall thistles) but he's agreed that we both need mental help right now and we'll be finding some one on one therapy asap. Just had our second marriage counseling session yesterday. He took his ring off when we got home because I'd said that we'd be better off apart and we started talking about who gets what, but last night I realized that we (mostly I) was giving up too easily. So he's going to help me through starting anti-depressants once I can get something prescribed and I'm going to sleep in the guest room for now and we're just gonna take things one day at a time and I'm going to try to stop being such an ungrateful bitch about everything he's done for me.

I still love him, damnit. With outside help (therapy, meds and having a handful of friends in the loop) we should be able to fix this and have the changes stick more firmly than the last few times we've had rough patches.

So my day is already awesome today (at 9:30am, not normally up this early!) because he let me put his wedding ring back on his finger and he's going to help me unfuck my head and my bad habits.

Congrats. I mean it, that's awesome.

Picked up a few extra hours on Friday, and overheard one of the servers say to the assistant manager, 'Astro deserves a raise; I don't know what we'd do without her!!'

Plus the interview I just got back from went p well; I have a second one on Saturday!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wife just got a great job with one of the most prestigious hotels in the world. Heavily discounted luxury travel, here we come!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I had lunch with one of the project managers who designed, built, and test the Lunar Module Descent Engine, then I had a conversation with a federal agent who told me way too many cool stories.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
I got home yesterday to find that a juvenile peregrine falcon had decided to make the area around my apartment its practice hunting ground and got to watch it chasing crows around the building just a few feet from my balcony.

Shadiiw
Apr 22, 2010
I got a call today from my boss that i worked for this summer and offered me a new job!
I have only worked for him for about 4 months and it feels good that when he got a opening for a job, I was the first he asked.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm up for a raise, meaning I could potentially be making $12/hr (up from $9.25).

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm up for a raise, meaning I could potentially be making $12/hr (up from $9.25).

Whoo 30% raise! :dance:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Yesterday was my final day in my lovely food service job:woop:. Today was move-in day for my college. My roommates seem cool.

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
I have officially made it through my first week of solo backpacking through Europe!
I left for Paris (from England) last Sunday, spend 5 days in Paris and 2 in Brussels. (Side note; Brussels is amazing, architecture out the wazoo and really cool history behind it)
I did an awesome walking tour yesterday to Bruges and the guy doing it was really interesting & was fantastic at making the tour interactive, I learned all about the Franco-Flemish wars & architecture and art!

I'm sat outside my hostel now-stealing some free wifi before I go and have one last wander around the city before my coach comes to take me to Cologne.
Travelling is awesome.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I deadlifted 230lbs yesterday. It made me feel incredible because I only started lifting three months ago and I've made incredible progress.

This is a deadlift, by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKZEk4NG1-o

That is Hafr Jlus Bjrnsson, Icelandic strongman and latest actor to play the Mountain in Game of Thrones, deadlifting 994lbs.

The Mountain that LIFTS.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
It's my birthday, I got to talk with some of my family back in the States, and I got to watch my favorite movie ever Goodfellas.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Today for lunch I ate some potato salad and a quiche. That was pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
I am no longer in Germany's butthole (cologne- it even sounds like colon!)
I am now in Berlin. I'm going to the zoo tomorrow, gently caress yes!